I found a custom bmx for sale and i want your opinion.

Related:
Create New Tag

3/14/2018 4:16 AM

Photo
He is selling it for 600 euros.
Federal coaster
proper rim and macneil spokes(back)
eclat rim and bsd spokes(front)
bsd front hub
Fiend garet reynold frame 20.5
federal camo seat
demolition seat post
Kink forks
Macneil cranks
bsd pedals
cult bearings for the forks
bsd bearings for the cranks
stranger 9 4pc bars
Bsd stem
Eclat fireball tires

What do you say?
The bike is in good shape and it was in his basement for 1 year.
It is missing some spokes but I will buy new ones.
|

3/14/2018 5:09 AM

Seems like a well equipped bike. Do you know how old it is? I don't know what sort of prices you get for stuff in your area but to me... that seems steep. Like I said, I don't know what you typically pay for that bike new or used in your area of the world so I really can't advise you other than to say it is a nice bike.

|

3/14/2018 5:18 AM

You would Get a new bike for that price at least a complete one

|

Street yes please

3/14/2018 5:45 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/14/2018 5:50 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Seems like a well equipped bike. Do you know how old it is? I don't know what sort of prices you get for stuff in your area but to me... that seems steep. Like I said, I don't know what you typically pay for that bike new or used in your area of the world so I really can't advise you other than to say it is a nice bike.

It goes around 1100+ euros to get it new
He sells it at half.
Some of the parts of the bike are 5 months old and completly new since he hasnt moved it for like 7 months.
Some other parts are 1 year old.
Its a pretty good deal i think.
Cranks,seat post,seat,pedals and coaster are new.

|

3/14/2018 5:46 AM

4piecenorway wrote:

You would Get a new bike for that price at least a complete one

Ye but this is a custom bike bruh.
With pretty good parts on it :/

|

3/14/2018 5:47 AM

Try to talk them down. Used bikes do not hold value like this dude hopes.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/14/2018 6:00 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/14/2018 6:00 AM

Yeah... Give it a shot. Offer him 500 & see if he bites. The worst her can say is "No".

|

3/14/2018 6:02 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/14/2018 6:11 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Yeah... Give it a shot. Offer him 500 & see if he bites. The worst her can say is "No".

if he stays at 600 should i grab it?
He told me he would buy new spokes and because i live in a different area,to send it to me goes around 30 and he will pay em too.So its like cutting me 50bucks.
I can try 550 but still i dont think he will bite.
He will also do a spoke tensile test.I am not sure how to call it in english.
Its like a test for the bike spokes.

|

3/14/2018 6:11 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

Try to talk them down. Used bikes do not hold value like this dude hopes.

I will try

|

3/14/2018 6:57 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

HideFromJesus wrote:

He told me he would buy new spokes and because i live in a different area,to send it to me goes around 30 and he will pay em too.So its like cutting me 50bucks.

He is going to make sure the wheels are correctly tensioned-which is a great thing assuming you can trust him.

I would make sure it isn't stolen via serial number and contacting local police (for the area he is in at the very least), then check social media and your local buy/sell pages.

After that, you COULD do some digging to calculate what all the listed parts ran at retail cost, then see if you feel he is asking too much.

A used BMX is rarely worth 50% of MSRP, unless it is MINT and unused.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/14/2018 7:28 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/14/2018 7:28 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

HideFromJesus wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

He is going to make sure the wheels are correctly tensioned-which is a great thing assuming you can trust him.

I would make sure it isn't stolen via serial number and contacting local police (for the area he is in at the very least), then check social media and your local buy/sell pages.

After that, you COULD do some digging to calculate what all the listed parts ran at retail cost, then see if you feel he is asking too much.

A used BMX is rarely worth 50% of MSRP, unless it is MINT and unused.

Ok so,
I called the local police.
I even called him too and asked him straight,He seems a very good guys so its not stolen 100%.
I calculated the parts.
Even tho he didnt tell me exatxly the parts.The bike goes around 1300 in my country.(If the parts arent from a complete bikes,which they arent).
He told me that he went to the car wash every 2 months to clean the bike with high pressure air and water and after that he applied wax and oil to the cranks and other parts.
I mean the bike is in a very good shape except the spokes.Which we will change.
So its like giving it 40% down or something + he will play for the shipping and the spoke test and he will replace the spokes.
I will try drop him at 550 if not i will still take it as 600.
Thank you a lot guys!

|

3/14/2018 9:48 AM

Still well over 600 euros worth of stuff, even if it is steep. Bare in mind, if you ever wish to run a brake, you may not be able to if it's the Reynolds frame without mounts.

|