I got banned from riding my bmx

Related:
Create New Tag

10/18/2014 6:46 AM

So I commute to a different town for work via bmx and train, and I was riding to work, and some police officers pulled me over, told me that as I have no brakes that I can't ride that "kiddies bike" and I can only ride it in "play parks" and that if he sees me riding it again he will take me to court and also confiscate and destroy my bike.

I got banned from riding my bmx in a whole town!

it's stupid, now I have to skate in and that's more dangerous... Well for me anyway, I can barely skate.

|

10/18/2014 6:49 AM

Put brakes on our just get a beater road bike?

|

It’s all bmx

10/18/2014 6:54 AM

You sound like a pussy haha

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

10/18/2014 6:56 AM

grab a straight cable setup. it doesn't have to be great but yano

|

Bruh

10/18/2014 7:00 AM

Seriously the cops can't do shit to you or your bike especially if your a minor they can't even touch you without parent consent unless they want a lawsuit

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram

old edit

10/18/2014 7:00 AM

That is stupid asf. If you can fit a brake to your bmx then get a gyro or normal cable. I think they don't cost much.

|

10/18/2014 7:03 AM

Stop suggesting he puts on brakes thats stupid don't listen to the pigs ride your bike and ignore them, and if you do talk to them tell them to do there job and go bust a meth lab or something thats actually a threat to the community

|

Testimony and apologies

instagram

old edit

10/18/2014 7:21 AM

Slap on a lever and cable. They wanna see brakes, didnt say they have to work

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

10/18/2014 8:28 AM

ignore them, simple solution. you are not breaking any law by riding without breaks. well i assume it goes for your country as well, US is not a communist or whatever country right?

|

Cult,Eastern,Enemy,Flybikes,Superstar,Xposure,ScrapBikes,SupraDome,KMC Chain,Bears,CST

10/18/2014 8:39 AM

palakawarrior wrote:

ignore them, simple solution. you are not breaking any law by riding without breaks. well i assume it goes for your country as well, US is not a communist or whatever country right?

There are laws in some parts of the US requiring brakes
it sucks, but I've never gotten ticketed so idgaf

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

10/18/2014 9:31 AM

Or just run a brake.

|

10/18/2014 9:44 AM

I'm from England and the laws state you have to have a break... But apparently no one has actually been taken to court for it.

Fuck it I guess I'm gonna be the first one to be taken to court haha, and @oneguyilluminatieye I'm 18 so they can touch me and chill out bro no need to call me a pussy haha

|

10/18/2014 12:19 PM

Tom_linehan wrote:

I'm from England and the laws state you have to have a break... But apparently no one has actually been taken to court for it.

Fuck it I guess I'm gonna be the first one to be taken to court haha, and @oneguyilluminatieye I'm 18 so they can touch me and chill out bro no need to call me a pussy haha

The cops won't touch you, they'll shoot you several times because they feared for their lives since you're brakeless and clearly a huge threat.

Oh wait, you live in England, not the US, never mind.

Just tell them you have a coaster brake and if they ask what that is, just ride towards them and jam your foot in your tire real fast. Could work if they're dumb enough to not know any better.

|

10/18/2014 12:32 PM

tomdon wrote:

Slap on a lever and cable. They wanna see brakes, didnt say they have to work

Was gonna say this

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

10/18/2014 12:39 PM

palakawarrior wrote:

Most states legally require brakes, some are more likely to enforce that law. I'd honestly bet a lot of countries do, purely for safety reasons.

Illuminati guy, just stop. You aren't impressing anyone with your "I disregard laws" crap. Telling them to "do their job" only makes them more likely to actually bust you, especially in future encounters.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/18/2014 12:45 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Most states legally require brakes, some are more likely to enforce that law. I'd honestly bet a lot of countries do, purely for safety reasons.

Illuminati guy, just stop. You aren't impressing anyone with your "I disregard laws" crap. Telling them to "do their job" only makes them more likely to actually bust you, especially in future encounters.

Agreed.

Your attitude has a lot to do with how a cop will act toward you. Whether we bmx riders like it or not, 90% of the time when we go ride street, we're breaking the law by trespassing. Telling a cop to fuck off and go do his job is contradictory, because that IS their job.

I remember one time my 2 friends & I got stopped by a cop, and myself & 1 friend got off with a warning, but the other guy I was with got a fine because he kept telling them to go do something worthwhile and kept giving them an attitude the whole time saying this is bullshit.

|

10/18/2014 12:54 PM

OBEY

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

10/18/2014 1:27 PM

BMXism wrote:

OBEY

Rotflmfao

|

Testimony and apologies

instagram

old edit

10/18/2014 1:57 PM

palakawarrior wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

I'm so sorry guys, I have no idea that such law exist.

If I'm in your place, I'll simply put on brakes.

Again, I stand corrected. Sorry guys

|

Cult,Eastern,Enemy,Flybikes,Superstar,Xposure,ScrapBikes,SupraDome,KMC Chain,Bears,CST

10/18/2014 2:04 PM

Tom_linehan wrote:

Tcu created me

|

Testimony and apologies

instagram

old edit

10/18/2014 2:38 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/18/2014 2:38 PM

palakawarrior wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

palakawarrior wrote:

I'm so sorry guys, I have no idea that such law exist.

If I'm in your place, I'll simply put on brakes.

Again, I stand corrected. Sorry guys

Well i do think it's stupid that such a law exists but i can understand why considering if they're going through vehicle traffic... you know, safety and what not. But I can't really say much about Great Britain laws seeing that i do not live there, but for here, i don't get stopped when traveling on mine and i am also on the sidewalk. There is a law in the state i reside in to have breaks but that is more for those who travel on the street with vehicles and not those who cruise about. But like adammexican said, get a beater bike to ride, (so then if it gets stolen for any reason you don't have to worry that ride is gone.) Or like tom said, put a lever and cable on; duck tape the cable to the frame. I really doubt they are going to thoroughly check, it is mostly a glance over. Though if they do thoroughly check it, then wow, i am sorry for you.

|

Refs: Four x4, Dolphin, BrokenBMX, Tomdon, ecuadevil...

10/18/2014 2:51 PM

brakes ftw

|

I ride to stay on two wheels and have fun!
BIKE CHECK

10/18/2014 4:33 PM

If you dont ride like an idiot brakes are not necessary

|

Testimony and apologies

instagram

old edit

10/18/2014 6:48 PM

I think you just need to chill man, its not the end of the world. Ok so you ride your bmx to work, just throw on some brakes or ride a different bike to work. It's not like you can never bmx again. And get a gyro if you like riding street. They can't destroy your bike if your not breaking any laws.

|

10/19/2014 2:28 AM

Tom_linehan wrote:

Im genuinely amazed that you got stopped, wherever i go, no cops have ever stopped me from riding about on the roafd or pavement with no breaks. Once i got told to take one ear phone out, but thats it. Where bouts in England was it?

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

10/19/2014 2:33 AM

Tom_linehan wrote:

EddiMundo wrote:

Im genuinely amazed that you got stopped, wherever i go, no cops have ever stopped me from riding about on the roafd or pavement with no breaks. Once i got told to take one ear phone out, but thats it. Where bouts in England was it?

Yeah man I was genuinely amazed too I never got stopped before, but I live in Basingstoke, but I got pulled over in Reading haha

|

10/19/2014 10:30 AM

What are they gonna arrest you for? As long as you haven't broken any laws they can't do shit

Wait, I lied. They're cops. They can do whatever they want because they're above the law

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

10/19/2014 1:17 PM

bmxfromma wrote:

What are they gonna arrest you for? As long as you haven't broken any laws they can't do shit

Wait, I lied. They're cops. They can do whatever they want because they're above the law

Riding without brakes? The whole point of this? Its against the law to be brakeless if youre on the road

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

10/19/2014 7:12 PM

Funny, do not think your allowed to ride in a park either if it is public property without brakes.

|

10/20/2014 2:54 PM

Lol at Us laws

|

Biggest troll.