I have a dilemma

Related:
Create New Tag

8/16/2015 5:05 PM

Im stuck, im thinking i want new tires.
Ive been running Animal MTT's for the last probably 2 years riding alot of street. I love them, i adore them, i love the feeling of smashing them on anything and feeling nothing. I love wallrides and im addicted to the grip that they give.

My problem, i finding myself really getting into riding bowls and things alike, im also quite tired of how heavy mtt's are.
Mtts simply dont cut it bowls, theyre slow and sluggish and you cant run a nice psi.

I had to put my shitty old FAF's back on just to get anywhere. I hate the FAFs for anything else though.

Does anyone out there know of a tire that will satisfy my needs. - ie. fast and high psi for bowls. but super grippy and strong for street specifically wallrides.

Ive been seriously considering demoliton rig tires, they look sweet. anyone have any experience with them?

cheers

|

8/16/2015 5:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/16/2015 5:09 PM

Fly Rubin tires might just be the awnser , if you like high psi and speed they deffinatly kick the shit out of faf tires

At least in my personal experience from riding those tires

|

8/16/2015 5:13 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Fly Rubin tires might just be the awnser , if you like high psi and speed they deffinatly kick the shit out of faf tires

At least in my personal experience from riding those tires

i just want something that are faster and high psi enough to run in a bowl, whilst retaining as much street burlyness as i can. so i want more street than park, but not mtt's smile

|

8/16/2015 5:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/16/2015 5:23 PM

Try Donnasqueaks 110 psi, 2.4 wide and soft/grippy

|

8/16/2015 5:34 PM

my friends absolutely bum donnasqueaks, and admittedly they're probably perfect for the job. only reason i have been avoiding them is i dont like the squeaking atall. might have to just suck it up.

|

8/16/2015 5:37 PM

Duo stunners

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
DK, Odyssey, Profile, Shadow.
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

8/16/2015 6:16 PM

Animal glhs

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

8/16/2015 7:29 PM

Odyssey Hawks

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

8/17/2015 9:20 AM

My Donnasqueaks don't squeak, maybe it's the colored tires squeak more or because I run 75-85psi, but I can't recommend them enough. The majority of what I ride is concrete parks/bowls.

|