I have no one to ride with.

Related:
Create New Tag

10/9/2013 2:24 PM

I'm a beginner and would really like to start going to my local skatepark, but I would rather not do it alone. I feel like everyone who rides has their own little group of friends to ride with which seems fucking cool. I'm the only one out of all my friends who even has a bike so me riding with friends isnt even an option. I mean is riding alone not as bad as it may seem?

|

10/9/2013 2:46 PM

I ride alone most of the time but as time goes on you'll start to meet people at the skatepark. But riding by yourself isn't really that bad.

|

10/9/2013 2:52 PM

Hey man alot of us started off in you position. When i first went i just was myself wasn't an ass to anyone and one day there was a fight and I stuck up for the guy at the park and now we're friends. Trick is be yourself and try not not get on anyones nerves by bugging them or snaking them they can get a little annoyed. Introduce yourself ask for any pointers and you'll find some mates.

Hope all goes well for you and just be yourself.

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

10/9/2013 3:04 PM

ajohn15 wrote:

I ride alone most of the time but as time goes on you'll start to meet people at the skatepark. But riding by yourself isn't really that bad.

Okay cool. Thanks man

|

10/9/2013 3:05 PM

jamiespadina wrote:

Hey man alot of us started off in you position. When i first went i just was myself wasn't an ass to anyone and one day there was a fight and I stuck up for the guy at the park and now we're friends. Trick is be yourself and try not not get on anyones nerves by bugging them or snaking them they can get a little annoyed. Introduce yourself ask for any pointers and you'll find some mates.

Okay! Thanks for all the advice, dude. I really appreciate it!

|

10/9/2013 3:07 PM

I've been in the same exact spot as you. Riding alone isn't that bad if your just riding spots and shit but it gets old especially if you wanna start riding park. I was with my girlfriend's (at the time) color guard practice at my middle school and I had rode my bike over there and there was these 3 other guys that were riding there I guess one of them knew my girlfriend and we just started riding together and showed me there other friends that ride, now I usually ride with like at least 3 people. Try just goint up to some one and say hey nice bike and be like hey how do you practice your fakies or something like that just to show them you aren't some ass that is just a poser lol.

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

10/9/2013 4:10 PM

where do you live? i usually ride by myself too, probably a slim chance you live on the south shor of massachusetts?

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

10/9/2013 4:14 PM

bmxfromma wrote:

where do you live? i usually ride by myself too, probably a slim chance you live on the south shor of massachusetts?

you should take a trip up to Highlands. They have sweet dirt jumps and a pretty nice indoor set up!

|

10/9/2013 4:39 PM

I actually prefer riding alone now, back in my teens I used to ride with people but its just me and the iPod these days.

If you keep going to skateparks your bound to meet people to ride with, but while your riding solo just use that time to progress, just do ya ting and have fun. Its what its all about.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

10/9/2013 5:26 PM

jamiespadina wrote:

CJ_ wrote:

Okay! Thanks for all the advice, dude. I really appreciate it!

Its alright now get out there and have fun

|

10/9/2013 5:31 PM

A kid who moved here had a bike, I thought it was cool so i got a bike. Then all of my friends got bikes. We all rode together for a bit but it ended up being just me and my 2 friends. Just convince your buddies to buy bikes that's what i did haha

|

Im 15 years old, I suck at BMX, I live in Texas.

That's all.

10/9/2013 5:34 PM

Clap for people when they land tricks.

|

I have 75 cool points and 5 awesome points

Buy/Sell Refs: Showtime402, fsearles, ticaleb, howlerfbm (x2), irideafly, the balt (x2), MrHavoc1988. dprc

10/9/2013 5:34 PM

I only skated then my friend who skated bought a bike and forced me to start riding and now i love it

|

10/11/2013 9:20 AM

fitbikerider14 wrote:

I've been in the same exact spot as you. Riding alone isn't that bad if your just riding spots and shit but it gets old especially if you wanna start riding park. I was with my girlfriend's (at the time) color guard practice at my middle school and I had rode my bike over there and there was these 3 other guys that were riding there I guess one of them knew my girlfriend and we just started riding together and showed me there other friends that ride, now I usually ride with like at least 3 people. Try just goint up to some one and say hey nice bike and be like hey how do you practice your fakies or something like that just to show them you aren't some ass that is just a poser lol.

Okay man, thanks I appreciate the advice!

|

10/11/2013 9:21 AM

bmxfromma wrote:

Nah man I live in Texas

|

10/11/2013 9:25 AM

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

I actually prefer riding alone now, back in my teens I used to ride with people but its just me and the iPod these days.

If you keep going to skateparks your bound to meet people to ride with, but while your riding solo just use that time to progress, just do ya ting and have fun. Its what its all about.

Yeah I figure I will eventually meet people if I go to the skatepark all the time, just gotta get out there. But thanks for the advice man, I appreciate it.

|

10/11/2013 9:30 AM

If someone doesn't land a trick just say that they'll get it next time, if you have tips give them.

If someone lands something they've been trying congratulate them.

This is how you make friends at the park

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

10/11/2013 9:32 AM

K_A_N_E_ wrote:

If someone doesn't land a trick just say that they'll get it next time, if you have tips give them.

If someone lands something they've been trying congratulate them.

This is how you make friends at the park

Well I sure as hell don't have any tips to give. haha

But okay I will keep this in mind. Thanks a lot, dude.

|

10/11/2013 9:57 AM

Man, you are in the exate same spot as me. Just one difference, you have a local skatepark, and i dont. I consider you lucky to have locals and a skatepark near, if i were you i would just ride and try to give some advices if you have and ask politely for advices if you need them.
Good luck.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

10/11/2013 6:28 PM

Riding by yourself isn't that. But once your there, don't be a sick, and friends will follow soon.

|

Put in work.
Put in work.
Put in work.
Flacko put 'em in the dirt.

10/12/2013 5:43 AM

Well here is my advice, never ever ever count on other people to make you happy, that leads to a miserable life. Just ride alone, BMX has a lot of stuff you can try and do and mess around with! I ride alone probably 50% of the time anymore, maybe more on some occasions. It isnt bad at all, it is the only time i learn tricks a lot of the time. haha if i am around people i prefer to do more impressive stuff. I like to jump off stuf more when people are around to applaud haha. Now if i am going to some town i dont know, or a park i dont know anyone at, it is good to have my buds with me.

I love to ride with friends tho, it adds a bit more excitement to watch your friends do cool stuff and have them watch your stuff haha. I just wish people actually lived close to me so i could ride with them more.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.