I just built my complete WeThePeople Reason FC and I have a slipping problem?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/30/2017 7:45 PM

I just built my complete WeThePeople Reason FC and I have a slipping problem?

Everytime I pedal a little backwards and then pedal forwards the cranks/chain all of a sudden go down with little to no pressure.

Not sure if free coasters are like this or if I did something wrong?

Please help thanks!

|

6/30/2017 8:08 PM

Are you talking about slack? That's a free coaster. Get used to it. That's why I like cassettes.

|

6/30/2017 8:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/30/2017 8:57 PM

Doesn't understand about slack , buys freecoaster

|

6/30/2017 9:12 PM

eskimojay wrote:

There's a perfect meme out there for this, I feel it.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

6/30/2017 9:24 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Hey man I'm a cassette person but wanted to try out free coaster. It's gonna take some time to get used to.

|

6/30/2017 9:45 PM

Yeah its because its a free coaster.... you'll get used to it. But I like cassettes though.

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

6/30/2017 11:50 PM

deadass

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

7/1/2017 11:51 AM

Lmao.

But since I'll actually tell you what's going on, there's this little thing about freecoaster called "slack"

Slack (on a coaster) is how much you'll have to pedal before it engages, about 1/6th of a crank to 1/4th of a crank. It's completely normal, and will take a bit of time to get used to. Took me about a week to get used to a coaster after riding a cassette for about 2 and a half years, sometimes it takes a bit longer. Like 3 weeks are so.

It's different for everyone.

|

Pegless and coaster is ultimate zen

7/1/2017 9:12 PM

ggallin422 wrote:

Are you talking about slack? That's a free coaster. Get used to it. That's why I like cassettes.

Exactly

And if you look online from the company that makes your FC...they have a way to adjust how much pressure (slack) is in the hub.

Alfredo Mancuso did a good video on FCs. Look on YouTube for it. Then you can probably adjust it to your liking by yourself.

|