I keep getting flats!

Related:
Create New Tag

5/26/2013 12:03 PM

I just got my first bmx bike a month ago (united supreme su3) and I've had 4 flats already (3 in the last week). This is kinda getting annoying I don't want to have to keep changing or buying inner tubes. Like today I was practicing my bunny hops on flat and I'm about at a foot high. I just changed my rear innertube yesterday and hadn't ridden it yesterday. I started practicing today and then I realized I had a flat!! Annoying af!! Any tips on preventing this crap?!

|

5/26/2013 12:10 PM

new tire maybe?. more tire pressure? better tube, tire, or rimstrip?

|

5/26/2013 12:15 PM

Rim tape/strip!

|

5/26/2013 12:19 PM

Remove the tire, tube and rim strip.
Run your hand along the inside of the rim to feel if there is any sharp bits of metal hanging out (if so file them down), also check that there isnt any spokes threads that could be hitting the tube,
next step re seat the rim strip (or get some electrical tape and put a few layers of that on instead).
Run hand along the inside of the tire make sure there is no sharp shit in there.
Re instal the tube and tire but before you fully inflate the tube put a small amount of air in the tube and shimmy the tire around on the rim to make sure you aren't going to pinch flat the tube. Fill with air and have fun

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

5/26/2013 12:46 PM

You probably gotta air your tires more my friends were so low I 180d like a foot high and it got a flat haha. That's the most common probably if that's not it look at the suggestions above.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

5/26/2013 1:08 PM

Gump wrote:

Remove the tire, tube and rim strip.
Run your hand along the inside of the rim to feel if there is any sharp bits of metal hanging out (if so file them down), also check that there isnt any spokes threads that could be hitting the tube,
next step re seat the rim strip (or get some electrical tape and put a few layers of that on instead).
Run hand along the inside of the tire make sure there is no sharp shit in there.
Re instal the tube and tire but before you fully inflate the tube put a small amount of air in the tube and shimmy the tire around on the rim to make sure you aren't going to pinch flat the tube. Fill with air and have fun

I agree with this 100% way to go in depth!

|

i used to like pork till i found out it came from cops...