I know you've heard this before, but bike advice?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/27/2013 4:14 PM

So I'm a pretty intermediate rider, and I've been riding a junky redline for like 6 years now. I've decided to finally upgrade, but I need some advice. I've been looking at a few WeThePeople completes, and they are great, but kind of pricey. I ride anything I can, which includes trails, so I need something that has breaks. My price range is $400-450ish, but I can raise some money. My lbs have terrible bmx options, so thats out.

Has anyone ever ridden a Haro? My lbs has a 400.1 with 11% Crom everything for $400

|

4/27/2013 4:23 PM

i have a haro z 1 sitting in my garage its quite the frame their a pretty nice company been around longer than most i hear a lot of bad things about them though like their frames suck and all that i think you should go with wtp but you right they are pretty pricey where im from mirraco completes would be in your price range and some of those are good to

|

Give props if deserved but know respect is earned.
-Anthony Flores
My Kinky Setup

I personally don't like Haro.

You get what you pay for so I'd spend as much as you can on a complete if that's what you want to do.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

Go on http://www.veinbmx.com/ or try craigslist. Or just save up for a better bike.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

4/27/2013 4:24 PM

check out Veinbmx, this is a real nice complete. chromoly everything and sealed everything as well

http://www.veinbmx.com/bmx-extreme-bikes/Clearance/Amber-Resik-pro-bmx-high_end-deal

The Haro's about the same with sealed/chromoly everything. The Amber has better cranks though but overall it is a nice bike

|

4/27/2013 4:40 PM

So this is what I'm looking at:

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/haro/4002-2011-bmx-bike-ec029818

It's a little scary

|

4/27/2013 4:48 PM

CBKayTV wrote:

So this is what I'm looking at:

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/haro/4002-2011-bmx-bike-ec029818

It's a little scary

looks alright only thing scary is the seat lol prepare your anus but if you like it and its in your price range go for it

|

Give props if deserved but know respect is earned.
-Anthony Flores
My Kinky Setup

4/27/2013 6:27 PM

Tweetz wrote:

looks alright only thing scary is the seat lol prepare your anus but if you like it and its in your price range go for it

I know right?! I found a 2012 Cult CC02 for $350 that I think I'm getting

|

4/27/2013 6:38 PM

Do you ride trails? A fit Bf 2 might be a good match. They have sealed hubs, chromo parts and good geometry for trails.

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

4/27/2013 7:10 PM

Amber resik is the best you can get for that price

|

4/27/2013 10:41 PM

Go with wethepeople or the amber seriously. You won't regret it. You can pick up 2012 wtp completes pretty cheap, or buy a second hand custom. Don't get a haro dat shit sux.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

4/27/2013 11:47 PM

The amber resik is practically 70% aftermarket, i've ridden one and they are great

|

4/27/2013 11:49 PM

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

Go with wethepeople or the amber seriously. You won't regret it. You can pick up 2012 wtp completes pretty cheap, or buy a second hand custom. Don't get a haro dat shit sux.

I personally think that wtp are rip offs, but fit and ambers are good deals

|

4/28/2013 8:28 AM

How many of you actually ride amber? I'm really not feelin anything of theirs.

Kink Transition 2012? Any thoughts on that?

|

4/28/2013 1:15 PM

Avoid getting Cult completes they are generic and overpriced.
If you're really on a budget the best you can get for the money is Amber.
If you are willing to spend more look into WTP and Fit completes.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

4/28/2013 3:41 PM

andyferly wrote:

I've heard terrible things about fit

|

4/28/2013 3:43 PM

andyferly wrote:

CBKayTV wrote:

Well their aftermarket parts are legit.
The thing is that every low end complete from whatever brand is pretty much shit, so what you are looking for is the less shit bike.
Amber gives you a decent bike for the what you are paying.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

4/28/2013 4:20 PM

I ride a full custom bike with a few amber, guerra, and ezra parts

|

4/28/2013 7:32 PM

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

Amber are seriously the best ever, I got a $1000 bike for $300 from a New Years sale/ stock blow out.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

4/29/2013 9:04 AM

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

Just because they make cheap Bikes, doesn't mean their more expensive Bikes are bad. The 400.1 comes with a mostly Chromoly Frame, Chromoly Forks and Bars, Aitken Tires, A Premium Samsara Rear Rim and a Deviant up Front, and a Female Front Hub.

|

4/29/2013 10:20 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/29/2013 10:35 AM

andyferly wrote:

CBKayTV wrote:

I work with the fit completes, and so far I have seen two come in with breaks in the frame in 4 years, after my shop alone selling about 3-4 hundred of them.

Honestly, they make a solid complete, the 2 level bikes are roughly 500 bucks give or take. I would honestly look into them, or a specialized complete (under rated if you ask me).

Failing that, a premium or Eastern.

I suggest staying away from Dan's or other mailorders for the simple reason of your warranty is a lot shorter most of the time. Local shops can typically get a lot more than they have in stock, and in many cases offer maintenance packages and even longer warranties by extending past the factory warranty.

See what your local shop can get ahold of (aka ask what suppliers they use, and dig up what brands they can get).

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/29/2013 10:58 AM

Ok, I'm down to this:

2012 Cult CC02 or 2012 WeThePeople Justice

|

4/29/2013 11:09 AM

CBKayTV wrote:

Ok, I'm down to this:

2012 Cult CC02 or 2012 WeThePeople Justice

the cult..

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)