I learned fakies the wrong way

Related:
Create New Tag

8/27/2013 6:42 PM

I'm left foot forward and footjam with my right foot, which is normal. I turn my bars to the left when I fakie out, like normal. But when when I fakie out I put pedal pressure with my right foot and not my left like I've seen all over the place.
Is it going to make it difficult to do half cabs and stuff of that sort when I get to that stage?

|

Why be the same when you can be different?
Official Vital Buddy: Chrisaustin

8/27/2013 6:57 PM

Learn them the other way. I can half cab like both ways but i'm right foot forward it will be alright i think when you start doing 180's and oppo 180's. Seems kinda complicated the way you are saying it but it's not really that complicated.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

8/27/2013 10:58 PM

You're fuck-footed. Do you grind right? If you notice how goofy-footed and fuck-footed people ride, you can just tell how people are gonna do tricks. And when you say how you pedal pressure, you basically fakie switch-footed. I do to but I learned them with the opposite foot, looks much cleaner but cabs are harder unless you do switch rollouts and cabs which always forces your cranks to give pedal pressure with your non-dominant foot.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

8/27/2013 11:02 PM

for me it was just a few days of pedal bite but then i got it

|

8/27/2013 11:10 PM

You do footjams goofy. But so do I. I also go switch footed out of fakies. But I can Full Cab, with either foot forward, I just prefer it goofy footed. And Footjams are a bitch for me (Footjam Whips and Footjams on Quarters, that is.)

|

8/27/2013 11:11 PM

chad88 wrote:

for me it was just a few days of pedal bite but then i got it

Damn, I never had it that bad. But when I first started doing switch rollouts, I had to slide them a lot and I still do sometimes to this day. It's with my dominant foot cause if I want to make it look clean, it'll force my non-dominant foot and I'll pivot which isn't actually clean but my footing is correct.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

8/28/2013 4:29 AM

I just fakie backwards and get out some how. Don't care how it looks or anything. If you put the time in you can learn any tricks

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

8/28/2013 5:36 AM

Gump wrote:

I just fakie backwards and get out some how. Don't care how it looks or anything. If you put the time in you can learn any tricks

Same here i can half cab both ways and im fucked footed left foot foward and grind right side just practice and who cares how it looks as long as you can do it and add your own style to it

|

REFS: Drnwag irideafly sunday.bmx21 8=D xlilkillaluc15x Dennis916 Blake El Gingero mattjmuldoon@hotmail.com netty speghetti kr00253 bstick Dudeisdrumer109

pcoco ticaleb