I left my bike outside for just one day

Related:
Create New Tag

4/5/2018 6:00 PM

And their is rust in the frame, and its in a spot I cannot reach. How can I remove the rust, and what happens if I leave it? Will my frame eventually turn into dust?

This is full chromoly.

|

4/5/2018 6:03 PM

Put some oil on it, it'll seal it and prevent it from getting worse.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

4/5/2018 6:17 PM

No, your frame will not turn into dust.... it's just surface rust dude, it'll be fine...

Just don't leave your bike outside anymore...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

4/5/2018 7:37 PM

i leave my bikes outside through pa winter, under a roof but i'm sure the temperature changes don't help much. anyways, they always get a rust spot or 2. just ride it, maybe rub some oil on for a bit then clearcoat over it when it dries

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

4/6/2018 7:31 AM

Wipe your bike down with some WD-40, put WD-40 anywhere you think the rust might be, Just sheen the surface of the metal(Not in bearings, unless you think there's water in them and want to clean them) with WD-40 it'll displace any water(and grime from the water) and helps prevent rust, THEN add a sheen of oil on the whole bike and oil your bearings,chain and driver-this will also help displace water and prevent rust, SEAL your bearings with a layer of marine grease (I use white lightning) and also seal places that could allow water to seep into the Bike like the seatpost, The Headset/Headtube even the bottom of the Steering tube. This is the best way in my experience to prevent rust when it's wet/humid.

Surface rust isn't an issue, just so long as your Bearings, Chain, Sprocket and Driver don't get rusty. It's good to keep oil your drivetrain with teflon lube every couple weeks or so to keep it waterproof and smooth.

|

4/6/2018 11:29 AM

you'll need to throw your bike away and buy a new one. then remember to not leave it outside

|

It’s all bmx

4/6/2018 11:31 AM

adamnmexican wrote:

you'll need to throw your bike away and buy a new one. then remember to not leave it outside

This

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop