I made a bike wall mount out of a 2x6 and a bed frame.

Related:
Create New Tag

6/2/2019 10:05 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/2/2019 10:10 AM

My wife has gotten upset with me almost every day for a couple years now. She was tired of tripping on my bikes seeing them layed on the floor, etc...

So I made this!
Photo
Photo
Photo

I made it tall enough to where nobody in the house will hit their heads walking by. I wanted to make it simple, robust and easy on the eyes.

I stained the wood ebony to go with the rest of the kitchen theme and sanded all the rust off the bed frame angle iron.

I angle grinded all the rivets off and profiled the corners so they wont cut anybody. Hand filed it and then hand sanded everything. I drilled holes in the top of the angle iron every 6" and used beefy hardware to hold it in place.

The hardware mounting it to the wall are x12 4-1/2" screws with a 3/8" shaft. Super solid. Torx!

I found the wood at a construction site.

Hope this inspires you all to store your bikes on the wall where your wife will be happy! wink

|

6/2/2019 10:13 AM

I just leave mine in the garage since my wife never goes in there lol

|

fack off

6/2/2019 10:16 AM

adamnmexican wrote:

I just leave mine in the garage since my wife never goes in there lol

My garage is usually insane with weird odds and ends. It's a pain for me to go in and out of there sometimes but your solution is as good as any! smile

|

6/2/2019 12:07 PM

What a great piece of art for the walls, good job bud.

|

6/2/2019 2:19 PM

Focus wrote:

What a great piece of art for the walls, good job bud.

Thanks man! I dig it too!

|

6/2/2019 3:12 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

My wife has gotten upset with me almost every day for a couple years now. She was tired of tripping on my bikes seeing them layed on the floor, etc...

So I made this!
Photo
Photo
Photo

I made it tall enough to where nobody in the house will hit their heads walking by. I wanted to make it simple, robust and easy on the eyes.

I stained the wood ebony to go with the rest of the kitchen theme and sanded all the rust off the bed frame angle iron.

I angle grinded all the rivets off and profiled the corners so they wont cut anybody. Hand filed it and then hand sanded everything. I drilled holes in the top of the angle iron every 6" and used beefy hardware to hold it in place.

The hardware mounting it to the wall are x12 4-1/2" screws with a 3/8" shaft. Super solid. Torx!

I found the wood at a construction site.

Hope this inspires you all to store your bikes on the wall where your wife will be happy! wink

Great idea and looks great and solid!

|

6/3/2019 5:17 AM

My workshop is 2 feet lower than EVERYTHING else in the house, and I store my bikes in there. You would have to know where to look to find em. I actually want to "hide" the door into it so it looks like a shelf or a plain wall. I have a couple hooks and an area they hang out at in the back of the room. Then a full bench and lights, along with all my tools. Really it would be a pawn shop jackpot if some dingus got in there, but they would have to know what to look for, and hope I am not home. There is only one way out of it....

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/3/2019 7:01 AM

Nice. I use just a red utility hook for my road bike to hang, and the BMX stays on the floor.

I fucking WISH I had a garage.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

6/4/2019 5:08 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

Nice. I use just a red utility hook for my road bike to hang, and the BMX stays on the floor.

Me too.

I have literally all of my stuff aside from clothing and a couple video game systems in this 8 foot wide by 16 foot long by 6 foot tall room that is 2 feet below everything else in my house.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/4/2019 6:41 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

Me too.

I have literally all of my stuff aside from clothing and a couple video game systems in this 8 foot wide by 16 foot long by 6 foot tall room that is 2 feet below everything else in my house.

What do you guys mean by 2ft below? Like a crawlspace?

|

6/4/2019 9:28 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

Me too.

Bulletpup wrote:

What do you guys mean by 2ft below? Like a crawlspace?

Sort of. My basement is level with my backyard, and my workshop room is 2 feet deeper than it, in the middle of the house. It's hard to explain haha.

Here is a perfect to scale drawing of my house setup:

Photo

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/4/2019 10:12 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

Well, I have half a garage if that counts smile

Wife parks her car there in the god-forsaken winters we have here, but in the summer....it belongs to the boys....(not shown Redlne RL-20-II or the 18" park BMX) Photo

Ontopic: Love the idea of the angle iron, I might hang a few in the garage this winter that way as the basement storage area is getting pretty crowded

|

New tech can't beat old school cool...or can it?
1987 O.O.S. Redline RL20II (Old Old Stock - this ain't no museum piece kids!)
2012 Norco Deviant
1996 GT Avalanche LE w/ Full 2002 XT upgrade and NE Total Air MZO fork

6/4/2019 10:18 AM

I want a separate two storey building with a two door garage at the bottom, a massive roll chest and work bench. The 2nd floor is my music studio. I'm realistic, I'll never have this.

|

6/4/2019 10:35 AM

That's so sick bro wish I had something like that for my bike

|

6/4/2019 10:45 AM

jbales wrote:

I want a separate two storey building with a two door garage at the bottom, a massive roll chest and work bench. The 2nd floor is my music studio. I'm realistic, I'll never have this.

Move to the countryside and build it yourself wink That's exactly what I'd be doing if I wasn't planning to emigrate.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson