I mean really?...

Related:
Create New Tag

5/15/2013 9:38 AM

What the fuck is the point of this "Guard"?
Photo

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

5/15/2013 9:44 AM

Protects just the hub? lol kinda pointless.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

5/15/2013 10:02 AM

They're called hub guards. They work as long as the hub is protected. Although the spokes protect the hub so it's a spoke guard that we actually want

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

5/15/2013 10:08 AM

thats so fucking retarded

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

5/15/2013 10:17 AM

Well atleast it looks good.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

5/15/2013 10:26 AM

hub guards are meant to protect the spoke heads, the spokes wont usually break on the spoke part, but the heads, and it make sure the hub stays frush

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

follow me on instagram! @neck_brace
also go like my media page on facebook! jiraffe media
also follow jiraffe media on insta! @jiraffe_media

5/15/2013 10:44 AM

The hub has a very small flange, so i guess that tiny guard does its job. As mentioned its usually the spoke heads that are protected not the actually hub flange. I would imagine its been tested properly & works. But i wouldn't run a Fly front hub with pegs anyway, i think its more for park riders that do stalls & are just generally pussys on pegs. I don't think they would be very good for a Street rider who is heavy on their pegs.

|

5/15/2013 1:13 PM

Topsey wrote:

The hub has a very small flange, so i guess that tiny guard does its job. As mentioned its usually the spoke heads that are ...more

Few kids around here had Fly hubs. They all got destroyed besides one, and he's had multiple axles and countless bearings, and his only rolls for around 5 seconds. And the wider spacing is shitty, too.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

5/15/2013 1:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/15/2013 1:17 PM

The wider spacing supposedly makes for a stiffer wheel, however with street beatings i actually think narrower spacing is the way to go, it makes a wheel less "stiff" but as long as the spokes are tight i really cant see it making a huge difference. Narrow spacing + Hub guards i can see that shit lasting forever!

|

5/15/2013 1:23 PM

Topsey wrote:

The hub has a very small flange, so i guess that tiny guard does its job. As mentioned its usually the spoke heads that are ...more

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Few kids around here had Fly hubs. They all got destroyed besides one, and he's had multiple axles and countless bearings, and ...more

Fly hubs are so bad.
My friend replaced the bearings like 4 times so did my another friend.
Another one snapped an axle and another one apparently still works, for park riding.
I would definitely not get this hub.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"