I need a little help. (Rear Hub)

Related:
Create New Tag

6/14/2018 5:26 AM

So i have a shitty unsealed rear hub on my Scott x10 Volt and its pain in the ass. I dont have tools to tighten the cones. Sometimes i ride it loose sometimes too tight and even when its perfect its not smooth. And i wanna buy a new Sealed Cassette hub. But the problem is there is not even one shop in my whole country. So i must buy it online or travel to Greece just to buy one. And if i do i dont know what hub to look at. How do i know it will fit my spokes and frame (maybe it will be too wide or something) can you guys help me? And if you can feel free to suggest me a site that i cna buy online that wont cost a shit loads of money becose i live in a poor country

|

6/14/2018 5:37 AM

Rear bmx hubs, apart from maybe race hubs, are usually 110mm wide. You can get a ruler and measure from one dropout to the other.

The axle/bolts of most rear hubs is/are 14mm thick.

You can find what length spokes you need with a spoke calculator.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

6/14/2018 5:39 AM

Source are usually pretty cheap, and ship worldwide. Bmx hubs have a standard width, if a new hub doesn't fit your frame, it'll be your frame that is non standard, so I'd assume it will fit (because making something non standard is retarded). As for spoke length, it's hard to say, they vary a lot depending on the shape of the rim, and width (distance from centre of hub) and diameter of hub flanges

|

6/14/2018 5:58 AM

Fuck hubs are too fucking expensive. I dont think my parent will let me buy it becose they dont understand :|

|

6/14/2018 6:30 AM

Try and get a second wheel. Look on Facebook/eBay etc

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.