I need a strong 25T sprocket that wont bend easily. Any suggestions for around £30

Related:
Create New Tag

3/28/2012 1:56 AM

I need a strong 25T sprocket that wont bend easily. Any suggestions for around £30. Mine is bent and the chain is also shit are half links stronger?

|

3/28/2012 2:27 AM

|

3/28/2012 2:42 AM

I was looking at the WeThePeople Turmoil Sprocket in 25T and have a 9T on the rear. Would a half link chain be better? I have been running a complete build and have rid the bike 6 times and bent the chain and ring! i Just want somehting that will last a bit longer.

|

3/28/2012 2:57 AM

Try tree. They make some quality stuff. Unless you go straight to the mds and get the rear guard as well. I have the tree chromo sprocket in 28, but I don't land on my sprocket or chain.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

3/28/2012 2:58 AM

yeah the turmoil sprocket is good
how did you bend the chain and sprocket?
i've been running my stock KMC 410 chain ever since i started riding
i've had no problems and i grind on my drive side

|

3/28/2012 3:08 AM

brianoob wrote:

yeah the turmoil sprocket is good
how did you bend the chain and sprocket?
i've been running my stock KMC 410 chain ever since i started riding
i've had no problems and i grind on my drive side

Okay i will have a look at them then thanks. Do half link chains run on 25Tf and 9Tr? I no it may sound dumb but i havent ridden for the past 8 years and have just got back into the scene. I have a we the people arcade and it has a paper thin salt ring which bent the first time i didnt quite get into a feeble and now the chain sounds like it is going to snap when riding and i can see how buckled the sprocket is everytime i look down. I have been told that salt arent that good and the ring on my bike must be 0.5mm thick SHOCKING. I am seriously considering the turmoil. What chains are good then would i be okay with the 25T turmoil, 9T rear and a half link chain or would a full link be okay? Which are stronger and less likely to bend without being stupidly heavy?

And do you know if the WTP Arcade 2012 has removable mounts?

|

3/28/2012 3:28 AM

fair enough
haha my stock sprocket was super thin as well
i used to bend it all the time and just hammer it back to try and make it straight
replaced it with a 7mm thick mutiny sprocket though

honestly, as long as you have spare links and a chainbreaker then you'll be fine
it's an easy fix if your chain snaps
just buy a new kmc 410 and a $5 chainbreaker off ebay

and nah the wtp arcade has welded mounts

|

3/28/2012 3:48 AM

brianoob wrote:

fair enough
haha my stock sprocket was super thin as well
i used to bend it all the time and just hammer it back to try and make it straight
replaced it with a 7mm thick mutiny sprocket though

honestly, as long as you have spare links and a chainbreaker then you'll be fine
it's an easy fix if your chain snaps
just buy a new kmc 410 and a $5 chainbreaker off ebay

and nah the wtp arcade has welded mounts

Wicked thanks mate! I have just ordered the turmoil and the odyssey bluebird chain which means i will have spare links if it snaps. They built it for a 12 year old to ride around his/her garden not for proper bmxing, lol. Hopefully these components will last a bit longer then the last ones. Thanks again!

|

3/29/2012 8:24 AM

bsd superlight 3d its 8mm thick

|

3/29/2012 9:52 AM

Good luck because all sprockets are made by faggot weight whores now, best bet poverty but it does not come in 25T

but if your willing to spend some more money i would get the banned budsaw super sexy (:

it would be so bad ass if profile brought back the black jack in 25T, shoot sharp needs to come back they had the strongest sprocket ever made for bmx , but thats never gonna happen

|

3/29/2012 12:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/29/2012 12:42 PM

http://www.winstanleysbmx.com/product/12423/Fit_Down_Low_DLS_Sprocket

treelight is on of the strongest sprocket it is only in 28t, it will make pedaling harder but not too hard

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=42531

and a kmc 710 kool

|

parkrat.

3/29/2012 12:34 PM

halflinks are a waste of money

|

4/1/2012 5:46 PM

Eastern, Always realiable on sprockets.

|

Eastern All Day Long.

4/1/2012 6:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/1/2012 6:13 PM

rnc ti if you can find one, or an odyssey mds or a tree.

|

4/1/2012 10:55 PM

go mds its pretty tank

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

4/2/2012 1:05 AM

i just run saltplus sprockets never bent one http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/salt-plus-echo-item179814.html and they are cheap i got this on my old wtp cos the stock one bent but my volta and that one have the saltplus one seem good enough if you dont ride hard

|

4/2/2012 1:37 AM

Acid Raindrops wrote:

rnc ti if you can find one, or an odyssey mds or a tree.

the rnc sprockets are fucking tanks i lovemine

|