I need help

Related:
Create New Tag

10/22/2018 7:02 PM

Can someone give me tips for tailwhips. I can get me front foot on most of the time but my back foot just stays where it is. Like i cant figure out how to get it back on to the pedal.

|

10/22/2018 7:44 PM

Do you wear ankle guards?

|

10/22/2018 8:18 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

Yes

|

10/22/2018 8:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/22/2018 8:27 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

Matthew_Garner wrote:

Yes

I dont do tailwhips but the times Ive tried spinning the bike around, I was always hitting my ankles or worried about smashing my ankles. It looks like you are wearing knee and shin pads too from the video. Thats good!

Honestly, you look like you are super close to landing them. If you ride a cassette, you are getting the front foot placement, which is more important. Have you tried landing cranks? Like try to pinch the bottom bracket and adjust your feet to the pedals later?

|

10/22/2018 9:06 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

Matthew_Garner wrote:

Yes

Bulletpup wrote:

I dont do tailwhips but the times Ive tried spinning the bike around, I was always hitting my ankles or worried about smashing ...more

Ill try that next time i ho thanks my guy

|

10/23/2018 5:42 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/23/2018 5:43 AM

I'll start by saying I've never landed a tailwhip so this is just guessing based on the video. But I noticed your bike stays on your right all the way through the whip, which seems to throw you a bit off balance and makes it harder to reach the right pedal. I wonder if it would help to try keeping the bike more under you during the whip or at least trying to pull it back to the left just a bit when you're getting close to catching the whip?

That said, you're damn close and it'll probably only take one clicked attempt and you're there.

|

10/23/2018 5:56 AM

Yeah you need to keep your bike under you more... but you're pretty much there!

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

10/23/2018 5:59 AM

In order to keep your bike under you a bit more, you need to wait slightly longer before kicking the frame when flying out of the ramp.

I would go just slightly faster and wait just a bit more in the air, so that you have more time getting your bike leveled out before kicking it

|

10/23/2018 7:37 AM

Concentrate of the "D movement" of the handlebars to help your bike spin faster & with less effort on your kick. Then, concentrate on the landing my aiming for your bottom bracket.... not the pedals. You can land it on your cranks. The pedals will come later. Lastly, while attempting to land your feet, use your (padded) ankle to catch the bike as it comes around.... focusing on the BB.

|