I need help identifying these forks

Related:
Create New Tag

8/3/2017 11:53 AM

I got these forks from a guy in Austin,tx while riding 9th street and I need to see what they are so I can find a top cap for them so I can complete my new headsetPhoto

|

8/3/2017 12:32 PM

if you need a top cap go to a bike shop and have them fit one on. I'm sure whatever it is they'll have it and as far as the model goes that's a tough one because a LOT of forks look similar. the only REALLY distinguishable part of the forks is the triangle shape of the hole directly below the steerer tube. Could be mid school but that's my best guess.

|

Follow me on instagram @69instagreg
BOTTOM TEXT

8/3/2017 1:14 PM

They aren't that old. I'd say between 5-10 years though. It's going to be hard, unless someone thats owned them happens to stumble on this thread. Finding a top cap shouldn't be hard at all there's only a few different sizes. Go to your local bike shop, and find one that fits. Even if you don't want it at least you'll know what size it is. There are threads on the inside of the steer tube right?

|

8/3/2017 3:49 PM

ggallin422 wrote:

They aren't that old. I'd say between 5-10 years though. It's going to be hard, unless someone thats owned them happens to ...more

Yeah it's got threads in it, but I have some director forks that has the same top cap but when I went to go tighten it, it didn't match the thread

|

8/3/2017 7:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/3/2017 7:32 PM

Your picture is pretty dark, but they kinda look like these:

http://www.customriders.com/prodshow.asp?prodid=14689&cat=0&sid=3

Anything stamped on em?

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/3/2017 8:01 PM

Odyssey uses a slightly different size than most other forks. I think it's 24 and most are 25mm. Something like that.

|

8/3/2017 8:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/3/2017 8:06 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Your picture is pretty dark, but they kinda look like these:

...more

No they aren't the same. The forks you posted look almost identical to kink foundations, and stolen vortex SSL that I have. At one point I think they all looked like that. Maybe they are though who knows.

|