I need help on my knees and ankle.

Related:
Create New Tag

7/23/2013 6:07 PM

I can't really ride hard anymore without my knees and ankles aching to the point where i can't even lift my foot 4 inches off the ground. From basketball and riding my legs are done. Any of you older guys like chuck of topsey have tips on keeping them limber and not sore. I might have arthritus idk

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

7/23/2013 6:13 PM

1) Quit basketball.

2) Buy knee and ankle pads.

3) If you're aching just take it easy for a few days.

4) Drink milk

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

7/23/2013 6:21 PM

K_A_N_E_ wrote:

1) Quit basketball.

4) Drink milk

1: its the most fun thing next to riding that i can do. Plus im on my highschool team and i can't quit now.
2: its not getting pedalbite and falling. Its more of just hard riding.
3: i try that and it just makes me lose my progression
4: i take a buttload of calcium suppliments

|

I ride for my papou.

7/23/2013 6:25 PM

K_A_N_E_ wrote:

1) Quit basketball.

4) Drink milk

SickDude wrote:

1: its the most fun thing next to riding that i can do. Plus im on my highschool team and i can't quit now.
2: its not getting pedalbite and falling. Its more of just hard riding.
3: i try that and it just makes me lose my progression
4: i take a buttload of calcium suppliments

Well I guess you could just grow immune to the pain.

Jump off of higher walls

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

7/23/2013 6:46 PM

if you are always tweaking your ankle, you might wanna try some shoes that go up and over your ankles, like half cabs
i find those to give me more ankle support
nothing makes sore muscles worse than continuing to further damage them

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

7/23/2013 6:49 PM

Imma do roofdrops now

|

I ride for my papou.

Quit basketball. And rest when they hurt. I don't mean rest for an hour.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

Quit whining, maybe you should get out of basketball and into football or hockey, maybe a sport that doesn't breed wussys

|

7/23/2013 6:50 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

if you are always tweaking your ankle, you might wanna try some shoes that go up and over your ankles, like half cabs
i find those to give me more ankle support
nothing makes sore muscles worse than continuing to further damage them

I have nike morgan mids

|

I ride for my papou.

7/23/2013 6:57 PM

oh, when started wearing mids, I found myself messing my ankle up a hell of a lot less

ice sore muscles and take ibuprofen to ease the pain

icy hot maybe

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

7/23/2013 7:01 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Quit whining, maybe you should get out of basketball and into football or hockey, maybe a sport that doesn't breed wussys

Lol. Football is for meatheads.

|

I ride for my papou.

7/23/2013 7:04 PM

try stretching before riding

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

7/23/2013 7:36 PM

SickDude wrote:

Lol. Football is for meatheads.

All team sports are pretty much equally lame. I rather scoot.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

7/23/2013 7:50 PM

what pedals are you riding

|

7/23/2013 7:56 PM

Stretch a lot.

Ice and heat.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/23/2013 8:24 PM

dont ride for a bit and after that just get used to the pain. my knees are always hurting but after a while you dont notice it. stretching will help. after a while you probably wont have pain in your knees and ankle. i just ride it off because my knees always hurt because i have fluid in them or i used to.

|

I dont say stupid things, just no one knows what im talking about.

7/23/2013 8:56 PM

Pain is not an option

For real

Get some Ashwagandha and Boswellia herbs

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

7/23/2013 8:59 PM

tomdon wrote:

try stretching before riding

amen to this

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

7/23/2013 9:33 PM

You could smoke a fatty that's always nice when I'm sore and about to ride

|

7/23/2013 10:19 PM

I don't know but when I wear my cheap shoes with sucky ass soles, the bottom of my feet ache like hell.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

7/23/2013 10:44 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Okaysmile. Nah i don't like what drugs do to a person. And i've seen kids start out smoking weed and 2 months later they are hooked on heroin

|

I ride for my papou.

7/23/2013 11:20 PM

eskimojay wrote:

SickDude wrote:

Okaysmile. Nah i don't like what drugs do to a person. And i've seen kids start out smoking weed and 2 months later they are hooked on heroin

Not always. But honestly, any drug can lead to another drug, a.k.a. gateway drugs.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

7/24/2013 12:46 AM

Four wrote:

All team sports are pretty much equally lame. I rather scoot.

Blasphemy! Lol. Nah, agreed honestly. I used to play football and they gave me shit about riding/skating all the time. Used to tell me I needed to stop doing it because I was going to get injured and not be able to play. Funny thing about that was I saw quite a few kids get traumatic head injuries, broken bones, etc, where as me nor my friends that rode/skated ever got hurt that bad. Sad thing was I was offered a sponsorship for ABA racing at the same time and my parents forced me to pick football instead (I was 12, didn't have much choice). I was already sponsored for skating that same year and I lost that as well. But that was more because the company's owner was a drug addict, went to jail, company went out of business. You know, that ol' chestnut. Lol

|

7/24/2013 1:02 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/24/2013 1:05 AM

eskimojay wrote:

SickDude wrote:

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

Not always. But honestly, any drug can lead to another drug, a.k.a. gateway drugs.

Calling bs on this as well. It's all in the user's personality. I'm 24 and have been smoking weed heavily for over 10 years and never done anything other than shrooms and ecstasy once or twice because I wanted to experience it. I've sat in the same room as people doing doing meth, heroin, pills, etc right in front of me and was offered, but still said no and went back to smoking my weed with them. "Gateway drug" is just a term used to make people that've never done anything think that users can't think for themselves, when in reality, they do and it's not that hard. But the choice to let something control and ruin your life is yours and yours only kids. Weed has never hurt me or my life in any way other than people being judgmental since they've been taught the same way. But those who matter don't mind, and those that mind don't matter right? Only real complaints I have about weed is it's expensive and unfortunately it stays in your system for around a month, and even us medical patients still have to drug test for jobs, so you still get screwed even if you haven't smoked in weeks.

Edit: Speaking of, I quit cold turkey no problem 3 weeks ago because I'm trying to get a different job and I'm perfectly fine. Lol

|

7/24/2013 5:18 AM

eskimojay wrote:

SickDude wrote:

It depends.

I know people who just smoke weed.

And.

I know people who smoke weed and do everything else along with.

It just depends if you're about that life or not lol. Regardless, use some icy hot or some other bullshit. Not much more you can really do is there? I mean really, working your body out and doing all that shit is obviously going to make you feel pretty worn out. Only so much you can do to help it without it helping itself. Well... what I'm saying is just keep up the physical shit and eventually your body will be able to handle it much better. For now, you suffer silly

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

7/24/2013 5:21 AM

Seriously though, those who say "just suck it up" are idiots. Pain is your systems way of saying something is wrong. If you are feeling so much pain you can hardly walk, you should be visiting a doctor and getting checked out. The ONLY exception to that would be if you ride for like 10 hours straight and fall a ton, in which case, ride a bit less (honestly, I have realized that 2 hours is plenty) and GET SOME KNEE PADS.

Sounds to me like you need a few days away from everything to let your body heal a bit.

Stretch.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/24/2013 5:23 AM

-Havok- wrote:

Calling bs on this as well. It's all in the user's personality. I'm 24 and have been smoking weed heavily for over 10 years and never done anything other than shrooms and ecstasy once or twice because I wanted to experience it. I've sat in the same room as people doing doing meth, heroin, pills, etc right in front of me and was offered, but still said no and went back to smoking my weed with them. "Gateway drug" is just a term used to make people that've never done anything think that users can't think for themselves, when in reality, they do and it's not that hard. But the choice to let something control and ruin your life is yours and yours only kids. Weed has never hurt me or my life in any way other than people being judgmental since they've been taught the same way. But those who matter don't mind, and those that mind don't matter right? Only real complaints I have about weed is it's expensive and unfortunately it stays in your system for around a month, and even us medical patients still have to drug test for jobs, so you still get screwed even if you haven't smoked in weeks.

Edit: Speaking of, I quit cold turkey no problem 3 weeks ago because I'm trying to get a different job and I'm perfectly fine. Lol

Question regarding jobs-isn't a prescription enough to cancel out the failed test? Like if you show them your prescription for it, they cannot discriminate? I feel like that is a gray area that could easily get a place sued for discrimination due to a medical condition...

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/24/2013 6:19 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

Question regarding jobs-isn't a prescription enough to cancel out the failed test? Like if you show them your prescription for it, they cannot discriminate? I feel like that is a gray area that could easily get a place sued for discrimination due to a medical condition...

That's what I would have thought, unless its a federal job, because the Feds don't recognize the state laws when it comes to weed.

As far as the rest of it, some time off sounds like a good idea. As Dave said, ignoring pain isn't a good idea, and the other guys might like to be John Rambo on here, but chances are good it's just tough talk. Get some Ben Gay or the generic equivalent. Some capsicum cream is also good, but idk about rubbing the second on your foot. Honestly, I don't use any of that, but know old people who swear by it. When it comes to your body, the old saying is true. "If you don't use it, you lose it" Only stop riding for long enough to let your body heal. Also, by stop riding, I don't mean stop riding. I mean, stop doing stuff that you hurt your body doing. Stick to hopping curbs or just riding around without trying new stuff. Also, ask the pharmacist about anti inflamatories, or look up some natural stuff on line, or whatever Oneeyewilly said.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

7/25/2013 1:24 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

Nope. Because the weed isn't "prescribed" to me, it's "recommended" by my licensed physician under his care. Hence why a weed license is called a "recommendation" and isn't sold in pharmacies. It's illegal for a doctor to "prescribe" marijuana to someone because it's still illegal under federal law, even tho state law okays it. But if it was actually "prescribed" like pills or something, then yes, it would be discrimination. Lol. Joys of a Democratic government (Even tho Democrats look like they're the best option, they're going to be the death of this country. If you know the actual difference between Democratic and Republican governments, you'll get that one)

|

7/25/2013 2:12 AM

get ankle and knee braces for when your riding

|