I need some crank ideas!

Related:
Create New Tag

7/16/2013 6:02 PM

I have no real price range, I want solid and long lasting cranks. I intend on running a spline drive sprocket. Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help!

|

bmx isn't a sport....IT IS A LIFESTYLE

7/16/2013 6:17 PM

few ideas for you
also, spline drive can be a pain in the ass, just saying, nothing wrong with it though
animal akimbo
fit 24mm cranks
subrosa bitchin's
cult deathrow, made in us and 22mm
thunderbolts if you aren't set on Spline Drive
heard good things about the eclat ones

wouldn't recommend primo or shadow aluminum cranks as they are not 48 spline and are can strip and break with heavy abuse

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

7/16/2013 6:20 PM

get the thunderbolt socket drive best of both worlds... check em out

|

7/16/2013 6:37 PM

Eclat Tibias!!!!!

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

7/16/2013 8:09 PM

I've just ordered the 24mm fit Indents In 165. So I think those are good.

Fit teams in 19mm where bomb proof.

I know you want spline drive for some reason but I like thunder bolts and shadow noctis aswell

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

7/16/2013 8:17 PM

I have Shadow Noctis they are really nice if you want socket drive and I would reccomend Profile Spline Drive if you want spline.

|

Ride Hard or Don't Ride.

7/16/2013 8:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/16/2013 9:10 PM

My friend just got socket drive Thunderbolts and a Killington and it's insanely smooth.

I've been running Redline Devices (The old 3 piece ones) for over a year and a half now and I've had no problems. Gonna be picking up a Tree Lite spline drive sprocket after I sell my coaster.

I also have 170mm 2nd gen Primo Powerbites and they're great.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

7/16/2013 9:09 PM

get some primo's but id stick with the V1's for anything.
if you really really want spline drive get some odysseys. they should last you just as good

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

7/16/2013 9:16 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

few ideas for you
also, spline drive can be a pain in the ass, just saying, nothing wrong with it though
animal akimbo
fit 24mm cranks
subrosa bitchin's

wouldn't recommend primo or shadow aluminum cranks as they are not 48 spline and are can strip and break with heavy abuse

The Primo's are 4 spline hahahha, but really all cranks will break after a while and they are still at the top with some other brands. but in the end its all personal preference for cranks. Primo's are great because they are strong as hell and are also a straight crank arm which i love. but they are also really hollow and made from 7075 which causes them to be stiffer and not bend but cause them to snap under extreme tolerances. with other cranks they will bend and you can ruin the splines, bend the cranks,the pedal bosses are easier to snap and if you ruin them you will need new crank arms (Unless you have access to a lathe and know how to use it greatly.) so end its all up to the buyer but always go for the top products you can

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

7/16/2013 10:39 PM

1948.. i like them a lot and premium's sick!!

|

Stupidity, outrage, vanity, cruelty, iniquity, bad faith, falsehood - we fail to see the whole array when it is facing in the same direction as we.
-- Jean Rostand

7/17/2013 6:23 PM

Gump wrote:

I've just ordered the 24mm fit Indents In 165. So I think those are good.

Fit teams in 19mm where bomb proof.

I know you want spline drive for some reason but I like thunder bolts and shadow noctis aswell

I wanted the 24mm originally but I hadn't known or talked to anyone with 19mm.

I fell in love with the madera 19mm spline drive in nickel. That is why I'd like something compatible with spline drives. I am also aiming for raw cranks or chrome.

|

7/17/2013 6:26 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

few ideas for you
animal akimbo
fit 24mm cranks
subrosa bitchin's

Are you talking about the Eclat Onyx cranks? I have looked into the akimbos before and they look promising. Minus the color scheme I am aiming for.

|

7/17/2013 6:39 PM

The animal cranks are not all that great

I would suggest stranger cranks if they still have any on Dans with the United 22mm spline drive sprocket both are on sale but only works for lhd with the spline drive system

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

7/17/2013 11:48 PM

The Redline G7 cranks are 22mm, solid as hell, and I've been running them for over a year and a half now. Zack Gerber also runs them, and he's a beast!

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

7/18/2013 3:46 AM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Eclat Tibias!!!!!

|

I do stuff and I'm not good at it.
I got refs

7/18/2013 7:59 AM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Eclat Tibias!!!!!

zenith111 wrote:

I just picked up a pair of these plus Sean Burns rides them so I think they will stand up to you

|

Support your local bike shop.
Instagram:gobeil4130

7/18/2013 6:16 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Eclat Tibias!!!!!

zenith111 wrote:

FBC2012 wrote:

I just picked up a pair of these plus Sean Burns rides them so I think they will stand up to you

I do believe those are the cranks I will get. 22mm, 4130 chromo, and come in chrome. THANKS FOR ALL THE OPINIONS! :D

|

7/18/2013 7:20 PM

I'm just getting profiles, they all feel the same to me and they're light and strong and warranty and I don't really give a shit lol.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.