nothing

Related:
Create New Tag

9/18/2013 11:29 AM

Today I got 2 random metal pegs, they're heavy but IDGAF.

What grinds should I start out on?

Also, I tried at the park but I just couldn't do it, I was just afraid of falling over the ledge because it's a fun box with a ledge and then a semi-big drop on the side.

So basically ; I'm afraid.

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

9/18/2013 11:44 AM

Learn Feebles first. Front wheel on the ledge and back peg sliding. If you can find a different ledge that would probably be good. 1-2ft tall would probably be best for learning on depending on your hop height. The only tip for feebles i really have is keep your front wheel as close to the edge of the ledge as possible, because slipping onto your front peg is a lot better than having your back peg come off, trust me. Other than that, just keep your weight centered, go a comfortable speed, and keep your knees bent and stay balanced during the grind. Good luck!

|

virginia beach ~ instagram: @_harru_ ~ 4pegz

9/18/2013 11:49 AM

Put your pegs against, on, and in shit. This freestyle, do what the fuck it is you want.

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

9/18/2013 11:54 AM

sketo wrote:

Learn Feebles first. Front wheel on the ledge and back peg sliding. If you can find a different ledge that would probably be good. 1-2ft tall would probably be best for learning on depending on your hop height. The only tip for feebles i really have is keep your front wheel as close to the edge of the ledge as possible, because slipping onto your front peg is a lot better than having your back peg come off, trust me. Other than that, just keep your weight centered, go a comfortable speed, and keep your knees bent and stay balanced during the grind. Good luck!

agreed feeble's are one of the easiest to start with imo, if you have good manual balance icepick's are also good to start with, if you feel uncomfortable start near the end of the ledge and basically kiss the lip a few times and keep progressing further and further down the ledge and on a 1-2 ft ledge falling off isn't so bad at all so don't be afraid

|

Refs

trades: Phocraken (beats for volume frame), The_bmxist (profiles for hollowbites), livefreeordie233 x2 (hollowbites for sd frame then noctis cranks for fit indents), Zachary_ (freecoaster for federal frame), Rascio (sold piv. seat), MaximusBikes (sold s3.5 frame)

9/18/2013 2:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/18/2013 2:49 PM

Just start with all the OG grinds, on ledges & flat rails

Feebles
Dubs
Smith
Ice
Tooth

If you have any troubles with them learn the stall equivalents first, after you got these down start doing tricks into and out of them, link em together with manuals, hop overs in & out, after that learn to 180 into them and do them backwards, move onto handrails and steeper ledges, gap to them, combos of them like feeble to smith ect...

......Possibilities are endless.

After these learn mid & new school grinds like...

Predators
Crank arm
Crooks
X up
Luc-e
Unluc-e
Pedal

There you go dude, all planned out for ya, now just get out there and get some!!!

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

9/18/2013 4:38 PM

learn me

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

9/18/2013 6:37 PM

Dont be afraid of falling over, will never happen, you're body will impusively fall to safety unless you do something really stupid. Feeble and double peg are best to start, in a feeble put some weight on the front wheel when you land.

|

9/18/2013 8:09 PM

I'm trying to learn how to grind also I've been getting used to the feeling by just grinding on one peg at a time like picking my back end up and grinding with just the back. I'm getting close but its hard to commit and there's not really any good ledges to learn on around here but I'm going to the skate park Saturday and I think they have a ledge there for grinding so hopefully I can get them down.

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

9/18/2013 8:32 PM

Learn stalls first then short grinds and then faster and longer as you progress. start with feebles and double pegs, then smiths. all this on low ledges and higher as you progress. then rails when you have it locked. use pads when learning.

|

9/18/2013 8:39 PM

bmxjoey wrote:

Learn stalls first then short grinds and then faster and longer as you progress. start with feebles and double pegs, then smiths. all this on low ledges and higher as you progress. then rails when you have it locked. use pads when learning.

Not to be a noob but stalls is just where you hop up onto the ledge with out grinding along the ledge right?

|

My Fit

9/18/2013 9:36 PM

i started with double peg. just get a comfortable speed going into it. your really not going to fall to the table side, the way length of the peg is going to stop that. feebles are a good one too. just keep you wheel need the bar or your bike can go sideways. and well you kinda fall on the ledge. thats about it. dont worry grinding is easier then it seems to start with.

|

9/19/2013 12:27 PM

kept on pussying out.

Photo

I just don't want to fall off the side

|

9/19/2013 1:03 PM

well you dont have far too drop if you do man trust me its easy once you done it few times just wear a helmet

|

9/19/2013 1:33 PM

Just commit to it and all well go well. If you do fall i can't hurt that bad it only looks to be a 4 to 5ft drop aalso wear a helmet

|

REFS: Drnwag irideafly sunday.bmx21 8=D xlilkillaluc15x Dennis916 Blake El Gingero mattjmuldoon@hotmail.com netty speghetti kr00253 bstick Dudeisdrumer109

pcoco ticaleb

9/19/2013 1:57 PM

Man up and commit. It's simple really.

|

9/19/2013 2:46 PM

i would start with a feeble. after that i learned to smith, but before that i learned double peg stalls if you wanna count that. as for being afraid, no one can tell you anything to make you not afraid. just do it and youll be over it

|

http://grouphomebikes.com/

5050 Skatepark

text me for faster response 646 two four nine 2552

9/19/2013 7:06 PM

Jist say fuck it and throw some barspin-febble-hard 180s.

|

Put in work.
Put in work.
Put in work.
Flacko put 'em in the dirt.

9/19/2013 7:36 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/19/2013 7:37 PM

feeble grind bro. you wont fall.

edit: my name isnt helping...

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

9/20/2013 12:44 PM

FuckYoCult wrote:

Dude, I just said fuck it and I got a cashroll feeble 720 triple whip

|

9/20/2013 4:54 PM

FuckYoCult wrote:

K_A_N_E_ wrote:

Dude, I just said fuck it and I got a cashroll feeble 720 triple whip

my 10 year old nephew double pegs a similar ledge and park benches without worrying about falling, you've been given all the advice you need so use it

|

Refs

trades: Phocraken (beats for volume frame), The_bmxist (profiles for hollowbites), livefreeordie233 x2 (hollowbites for sd frame then noctis cranks for fit indents), Zachary_ (freecoaster for federal frame), Rascio (sold piv. seat), MaximusBikes (sold s3.5 frame)

9/22/2013 12:18 PM

Fuck, I keep on pussying out.

Can someone link me a good how to

|

9/22/2013 12:21 PM

Grinds are nothing more than a bunnyhop into a balance. Practice hopping sideways onto curbs and stuff, find things to stall on to learn the balance and how to hop back off. Grinds are easy, especially if you have plastics, and/or a lot of wax.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

9/22/2013 9:48 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Grinds are nothing more than a bunnyhop into a balance. Practice hopping sideways onto curbs and stuff, find things to stall on to learn the balance and how to hop back off. Grinds are easy, especially if you have plastics, and/or a lot of wax.

Plastic sleeves make you slide better right? Because I remember seeing somewhere that metal grinds faster but that doesn't make sense to me.

|

My Fit

9/23/2013 5:11 AM

Just a quick tip:it might be easier to learn double pegs on rails (whether its a handrail or a small skatepark rail).

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

9/23/2013 3:30 PM

K_A_N_E_ wrote:

There ain't no how's to's on overcoming pussying out bro, if you don't try new things your never going to progress.

Once you do it your going to be like...what da fuck was I worried about, that was nuttin'

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

9/23/2013 10:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/23/2013 10:16 PM

K_A_N_E_ wrote:

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

There ain't no how's to's on overcoming pussying out bro, if you don't try new things your never going to progress.

Once you do it your going to be like...what da fuck was I worried about, that was nuttin'

Me with 180s. I'm working on trying 180s off 3 sets and 4 sets now.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

9/23/2013 10:18 PM

Kane, you don't care too much about damage, right? Hubguards are only things that may save near your hub and spokes only where the guard is. Grinding takes its toll and it can't be helped no matter what unless you're a super dialed and light grinder. I've gotten some minor dents on my frame and some scratches on my crank arms and stuff.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

9/23/2013 10:24 PM

|

9/23/2013 11:50 PM

K_A_N_E_ wrote:

I srsly hope you have grinded that ledge by now... You wont get hurt and wont fall over. Your bike also wont break. Just do it and let us know.

|

9/24/2013 9:11 AM

K_A_N_E_ wrote:

TetoraBMX wrote:

I srsly hope you have grinded that ledge by now... You wont get hurt and wont fall over. Your bike also wont break. Just do it and let us know.

My wrist is sore from a fall and I am going to Belfast to BMX for the weekend so I wanna keep the wrist healthy.

I'll get back to you

|