I only went and did it.....

Related:
Create New Tag

11/21/2016 11:14 AM

Put the deposit down on an fbm custom frame. Boooom!

|

11/21/2016 11:21 AM

Sick, what's it gonna be like?

|

11/21/2016 11:29 AM

It's going to be very similar to my old s&m cam wood haha. Kind of inbetween that and my hardway. But with no brake mounts

|

11/21/2016 11:31 AM

Nice..geo?

|

11/21/2016 11:38 AM

Tt 21.125
Ha 74.5
Sa 71
So 8.375 (tempted to get that changed to 8.25 though?)
Cs 13.375
Bb 11.625
Same tube diameter as the hardway, so it's like a more relaxed hardway. Or a more aggressive gypsy?

I nearly bought an atf instead, but I've been wanting an fbm custom for a while now. I couldn't help myself haha

|

11/21/2016 11:40 AM

Low standover is sweet af. My t1 has 8.375 I think I'm not 100% sure lol.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

11/21/2016 11:42 AM

Nice

|

11/21/2016 2:09 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/21/2016 8:58 PM

I seen they where doing a re run of the fbm deployer frame I was tempted , custom fbm does sound sick though

|

11/21/2016 2:45 PM

eskimojay wrote:

I seen they where doing a re run of the fbm deployer frame I was tempted , custom fbm does sound sick though

I was really tempted by those too, but spending that kind of money I'd rather pay a bit more and get it how I want it.

I'm so stoked!

|

11/21/2016 3:18 PM

Hell yeah man i need to get another fbm my sunday sucks

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

11/21/2016 11:09 PM

Should've gotten a Laird frame haha!

|

11/21/2016 11:20 PM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

laird frames are garbage lol, if i'm spending $500 plus on a custom frame i want it to be custom, not a cookie cutter looking frame with a cheesy seatstay bridge and geometry tweaks. Plus pretty sure fbm has a little bit more experience in building frames than that joke.

|

11/21/2016 11:43 PM

Congrats! Whats the turn around time on a custom FBM? That geo is pretty nice

|

Smoke Drink Die

11/22/2016 12:08 AM

I didn't even think about a laird frame. I personally don't really like them. And I want to support a company that are doing a lot of good things in bmx.

I believe the turn around is 6 to 8 weeks, which gives me some time to get it paid off!

|

11/22/2016 10:32 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

I didn't even think about a laird frame. I personally don't really like them. And I want to support a company that are doing a ...more

Mike laird is a legend he's done enough for bmx, wouldn't be surprised if he's built more ramps then Steve Crandall

|

11/22/2016 10:34 AM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

blizzbikes wrote:

laird frames are garbage lol, if i'm spending $500 plus on a custom frame i want it to be custom, not a cookie cutter looking ...more

Your an idiot

|

11/22/2016 12:22 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

I didn't even think about a laird frame. I personally don't really like them. And I want to support a company that are doing a ...more

eskimojay wrote:

Mike laird is a legend he's done enough for bmx, wouldn't be surprised if he's built more ramps then Steve Crandall

Fbm get me stoked and build awesome frames. I didn't say laird doesn't do anything for bmx, what he does doesn't appeal to me, simple as that

|

11/23/2016 10:43 AM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

blizzbikes wrote:

laird frames are garbage lol, if i'm spending $500 plus on a custom frame i want it to be custom, not a cookie cutter looking ...more

eskimojay wrote:

Your an idiot

Cool story. smile

|

12/4/2016 5:37 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/4/2016 7:18 AM

Sold the hardway today to make the final payment #sadface
But the new frame should be shipped before Xmas!

And I'm not posting the old frame til next weekend, so I might be able to have one last ride on her

#noonecares

|

12/23/2016 2:11 PM

It's in the country! As long as customs don't drag their heels I might get it before new year!

No one else cares. But I'm excited. So there.

|

12/23/2016 2:14 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

It's in the country! As long as customs don't drag their heels I might get it before new year!

No one else cares. But I'm ...more

Haha, I'm happy for you man. Getting a new frame (or any part you've been looking forward to) is the best feeling in the world. Although, I can't say I've gotten a custom frame before...

|

12/23/2016 2:17 PM

Cant wait to see it man. What a great Christmas present for yourself haha.

|

12/23/2016 2:45 PM

Cheers guys. I could get hit with import tax, which can be anything up to about £90 (they make it up, legitimately, there's no set cost, and sometimes you don't get charged at all) AND if customs do drag their heels it could be another few weeks before its delivered. I've been frameless for a couple of weeks now and it's bugging me......

|

12/23/2016 3:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/23/2016 3:26 PM

For the record Blizzbikes lives near me and from what I recall the reason he is so against Lairdframe is that Mike would not make a wishbone rear end for him-and they argued over what is truly stronger, so he decided to go against it 100% and started bashing Laird. So far I have come across a couple of them in the wild and have yet to see or hear of one breaking or being damaged beyond use.

As to his "cookie cutter frame with geo tweaks" comment, that's what everyone else does too. S&M has you pick an existing frame and lets you modify the angles. FBM will do more custom work, but you gotta pay for it, same with Standard (but no one talks about Rick Moliterno and his customs).

Personally I am a firm believer that you cannot really go wrong with a custom frame, but again, in almost every case they are pretty much the same with some geometry tweaks. Nowear is the only brand with a different looking frame.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/23/2016 4:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/23/2016 4:14 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

No one else cares. But I'm ...more

Just hope none of those customs guys is a rider. grin

whistling "BMX frame shipped from America? Haven't seen one of those round here, if I'm honest..."

|

Frmrly BmxBos
Ref: Robinson79, aaron.samuel.green

12/24/2016 12:04 AM

It's insured, so if it goes missing I'll get my money back. But if that happens I'll probably just buy an s&m atf, I'm done waiting haha.

Fbm were the cheaper option, but the main reason I picked them was because I'm stoked on what they do. You can pick your tube diameter, gauge, tapered tubes, butted tubes, style of stay bridges etc as well as the geometry. Extras do cost more, and the only thing I'd really change is I'd like bullet capped stays, but not enough to worry about it.
I looked at the s&m customs, and yeah, it's not all that custom. Laird frames are too popular haha, I'm not saying they're not good, but everyone seems to be getting them. There's a guy over here that builds awesome frames too, Ted James designs, but they're £650.
The price of US stuff has sky rocketed over here, so my custom only cost £20 more, including shipping, than an off the shelf fbm frame. Money well spent in my opinion!

Although, we started building the trails yesterday, so I might regret going brakeless haha.

|

12/24/2016 7:52 AM

I have a custom Laird frame.......

The wheel cant be slammed in the drop out......it hits the bridge between the chain stays. The tire is a 2.10 Powerblock so its nothing massive.

With the wheel set in the drop out so the tire barely clears the brace, the brake pads rub the tire because the mounts are welded to high on the seat stays.

|

Legit

Oscar5788,Scramhype,SuperstarDK,Howlerfbm,AlexDanielP,KilledGlamour,notorious NIG,KYMIKE