I ordered em..perfect 10s

Related:
Create New Tag

7/11/2013 12:55 PM

Ordered the perfect 10s today because I'm so sick of how small my bike feels. I have a 20.6 Tt with 6.5 rise 28" wide bars. I'm gunna cut the perfect 10s down to 28 and throw em on my bike with a sunday freeze. I know people hate these bars but honestly I'm 6'1 and I need bigger bars. If a person 5'6 can run 8.5 I should be able to run 10

|

Refs - Tomdon x2, DGK_all_day_AKA_, bmx4life121303

7/11/2013 12:57 PM

CSB tens may still feel a little big but. do what feels god for you.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

7/11/2013 1:09 PM

I guess it's personal preference. I don't see the need for 10 inch bars and a topload but it's your bike ride what you like lol.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

7/11/2013 1:11 PM

Going from 6.5 to 10 is not gonna be an easy change.
I would have increased gradually but whatever floats your horny goat.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

7/11/2013 1:12 PM

Shoulda got elevenz

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

7/11/2013 1:14 PM

andyferly wrote:

Going from 6.5 to 10 is not gonna be an easy change.
I would have increased gradually but whatever floats your horny goat.

Lmao that last part made me laugh. But yea after riding around my back starts to kill from
Being so huntched over cuz of my bars. I still ride but just sore all the time

|

7/11/2013 1:15 PM

tomdon wrote:

Shoulda got elevenz

I was looking at a whole bunch of bars and had a measuring tape out and shit trying to find a good height and 9.5-10 looked and felt good

|

7/11/2013 3:04 PM

Seriously, Perfect 10s & Elevenz are the most stupid bars in existence. Seriously if you want higher feeling Bars you should've got some popular 8.5"/8.75" rise Handle Bars & a Sunday Freeze or Fit High Top Stem. Your bike looks sensible but your bars still feel insanely high.

Fit High Top Stem raises your Bars 36mm or 1.4 Inches so you could buy Fit Mac Bars which are 8.75" High & with the High Top Stem they would feel like 10.1" Handle Bars so technically they would be TALLER than Perfect Retard Bars but not look so fucking stupid!

Sunday Freeze Stem raised your Bars 34mm or 1.3 Inches so if you buy Sunday Tall T Bars which are 8.7" High with the Sunday Freeze Stem your Bars are 10" High once again the same height as Perfect Retards just looks no where near as stupid.

Congratulations on buying the most idiotic handle bars on the market. Should have done some research. Hell you could've even got Odyssey Eric L Bars or Tree Moto 9" Handle Bars with the High Top Stem & they'd be nearly 10.5 Inches high!

|

7/11/2013 3:07 PM

You just bought almost 3lbs of bars..........

|

Legit

Oscar5788,Scramhype,SuperstarDK,Howlerfbm,AlexDanielP,KilledGlamour,notorious NIG,KYMIKE

7/11/2013 3:11 PM

Topsey wrote:

Seriously, Perfect 10s & Elevenz are the most stupid bars in existence. Seriously if you want higher feeling Bars you should've got some popular 8.5"/8.75" rise Handle Bars & a Sunday Freeze or Fit High Top Stem. Your bike looks sensible but your bars still feel insanely high.

Fit High Top Stem raises your Bars 36mm or 1.4 Inches so you could buy Fit Mac Bars which are 8.75" High & with the High Top Stem they would feel like 10.1" Handle Bars so technically they would be TALLER than Perfect Retard Bars but not look so fucking stupid!

Sunday Freeze Stem raised your Bars 34mm or 1.3 Inches so if you buy Sunday Tall T Bars which are 8.7" High with the Sunday Freeze Stem your Bars are 10" High once again the same height as Perfect Retards just looks no where near as stupid.

Congratulations on buying the most idiotic handle bars on the market. Should have done some research. Hell you could've even got Odyssey Eric L Bars or Tree Moto 9" Handle Bars with the High Top Stem & they'd be nearly 10.5 Inches high!

Yea but I see people who are 5'7 or so riding a freeze stem with 8.5 bars and I'm 6"1 with 10" rise. It's not like I'm a small person but thanks for the feedback.

|

Good for you! I love my 10's, have them on a challenger, and I'm 6'0. I didn't cut mine, but I'm not a skinny little kid. As you can tell above, Topsey is madly in LOVE with perfect 10's! If I lived near him, I would bend up some tubing and weld a bunch of shitty mock ups to resemble them and sneak them on his bike every chance I got, haha.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

Hatebreeder wrote:

You just bought almost 3lbs of bars..........

My bike is light as hell right now, I wouldn't mind an extra pound.

|

7/11/2013 3:12 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/11/2013 3:13 PM

You're going to regret Perfect 10s with such a high topload. Perfect 10s with a front load is ridiculous enough. I run 8.75s with a frontload, I'm 6', and it's perfect for me.

Ran the same bars with a 24mm rise Challenger and that was too much. Couldn't hop nearly as high.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

7/11/2013 3:13 PM

Topsey wrote:

just wondering, whats your height and what size bars do you ride?

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

7/11/2013 3:14 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

You're going to regret Perfect 10s with such a high topload. Perfect 10s with a front load is ridiculous enough. I run 8.75s with a frontload, I'm 6', and it's perfect for me.

Ran the same bars with a 24mm rise Challenger and that was too much. Couldn't hop nearly as high.

I don't mind the height with my size. I will cut the length down to 28" though. 30 is wiiiiiide

|

7/11/2013 3:15 PM

And also, with a 20.6" top tube, that gives you even less room to pull up for hops. Should of gotten reasonable bars and waited to get a longer frame.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴

7/11/2013 3:16 PM

I'm 6'2 and running a challenger with Morrow bars, these are too big so i'm sizing down to scerbos.

|

I do stuff and I'm not good at it.
I got refs

7/11/2013 3:18 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

And also, with a 20.6" top tube, that gives you even less room to pull up for hops. Should of gotten reasonable bars and waited to get a longer frame.

How does it give me less
Room ??

|

7/11/2013 3:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/11/2013 3:20 PM

agcrx wrote:

How does it give me less
Room ??

You'll see when you get the bars. Your bars will hit your legs almost instantly, giving you less room to pull up to hop. When I was running 8.75s with a topload that factor lowered my hops a ton.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴

7/11/2013 3:24 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

agcrx wrote:

How does it give me less
Room ??

Xxohioanxx wrote:

You'll see when you get the bars. Your bars will hit your legs almost instantly, giving you less room to pull up to hop. When I was running 8.75s with a topload that factor lowered my hops a ton.

Dude if anything it's gunna help me be able to pull up . You should see me on a bike I look like a big ass huntched over mf

|

7/11/2013 3:25 PM

agcrx wrote:

Dude if anything it's gunna help me be able to pull up . You should see me on a bike I look like a big ass huntched over mf

It really doesn't at all. It makes it a little easier to pull up, but lowers your hop over all.

I know from experience. I've used everything from 7" bars with a frontload to 8.75" with a topload. Bigger is not always better. You will regret it, I promise. smile

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴

7/11/2013 3:29 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

agcrx wrote:

Xxohioanxx wrote:

It really doesn't at all. It makes it a little easier to pull up, but lowers your hop over all.

I know from experience. I've used everything from 7" bars with a frontload to 8.75" with a topload. Bigger is not always better. You will regret it, I promise. smile

Yea I could see if a 20.6 Tt was a good size for me it would
Be harder to pull up . But i should be riding Atleast a 20.1 . It's all preference so w/e

|

7/11/2013 3:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/11/2013 3:31 PM

The Horror Contact wrote:

I am 6 foot/6 foot1 & i run 7.8" Scerbo V3 Handle Bars. i am a FIRM believer that anyone under 6'2 does NOT need bars over 8.5"

On my new bike i am going to run 8.5" Handle Bars because my new Frame has waaaaay longer Chain Stays. I will admit if your Frame has say 13.75" Chain Stays like i will be running Taller bars help with pulling up & holding Manuals, But still Unless you are like 6'5 you DO NOT need anything over 8.5"

Oh & Chuck i will sneak into your house & put Animal Hyrones on you bike 7.75" Handle Bars will look sweet on your bike tongue

|

7/11/2013 3:34 PM

Topsey wrote:

Topsey wrote:

I am 6 foot/6 foot1 & i run 7.8" Scerbo V3 Handle Bars. i am a FIRM believer that anyone under 6'2 does NOT need bars over 8.5"

On my new bike i am going to run 8.5" Handle Bars because my new Frame has waaaaay longer Chain Stays. I will admit if your Frame has say 13.75" Chain Stays like i will be running Taller bars help with pulling up & holding Manuals, But still Unless you are like 6'5 you DO NOT need anything over 8.5"

Oh & Chuck i will sneak into your house & put Animal Hyrones on you bike 7.75" Handle Bars will look sweet on your bike tongue

Ahahaha I put a bell on my brothers bike, funny as hell watching him
Ride around the skatepark with it on and ringing.

|

7/11/2013 3:35 PM

Stop listening to everyone here, Im sure most have never rode 10's before and if so, probably just to try them out. Im not talking about riding them for a few minutes, a day, maybe a week to try out...ride them for 6 months to a year everyday and then put in input ..Ive been on 10's for a long time. I see everyone talking shit on the size but really, they arent that big and the 30 width is so common to everything else on the market. They are heavier but once on your bike you wont notice it...they are solid! At first it'll feel different but after you wont even notice, just give it time and keep riding them. The break in period is short and once done, they will feel small. Im 6'4 with a 30mm rise topload, and before that a 22mm rise...the higher, the better! If the Elevenz werent out of stock already, Id be riding them.

People seem to think taller people should be riding the same setup as others who are half their size....makes no sense.

|

REFS-

Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

7/11/2013 3:38 PM

Stop listening to everyone here, Im sure most have never rode 10's before and if so, probably just to try them out. Im not talking about riding them for a few minutes, a day, maybe a week to try out...ride them for 6 months to a year everyday and then put in input ..Ive been on 10's for a long time. I see everyone talking shit on the size but really, they arent that big and the 30 width is so common to everything else on the market. They are heavier but once on your bike you wont notice it...they are solid! At first it'll feel different but after you wont even notice, just give it time and keep riding them. The break in period is short and once done, they will feel small. Im 6'4 with a 30mm rise topload, and before that a 22mm rise...the higher, the better! If the Elevenz werent out of stock already, Id be riding them.

People seem to think taller people should be riding the same setup as others who are half their size....makes no sense.

Exactly someone who understands me, & I don't mind reading others opinions on the bars. It's just if a short person runs Atleast 8.5 why can't I run 10's lmao

|

7/11/2013 3:45 PM

See Horror I have ZERO issues with you Riding Perfect 10s, you are fucking TALL. It would be murder on your back to be running 8.25" Bars. What i hate is 5'6 14 year old retards that say it gives them more bike control!! They look like they're riding with fuck ape hangers! I think there should be a height restriction on Perfect 10s & Bars of a similar size. You HAVE to be 6'2+ to run anything over 8.5"

However i want everyone to realize.. I may be passionate about how much i hate these Bars & i will argue till i am blue in the face saying no one needs them. BUT... It is YOUR bike, YOU paid for them & If YOU want to run stupidly mahussive bars its YOUR choice!!

Stay Cool Dude Bros..

|

7/11/2013 3:49 PM

Topsey wrote:

See Horror I have ZERO issues with you Riding Perfect 10s, you are fucking TALL. It would be murder on your back to be running 8.25" Bars. What i hate is 5'6 14 year old retards that say it gives them more bike control!! They look like they're riding with fuck ape hangers! I think there should be a height restriction on Perfect 10s & Bars of a similar size. You HAVE to be 6'2+ to run anything over 8.5"

However i want everyone to realize.. I may be passionate about how much i hate these Bars & i will argue till i am blue in the face saying no one needs them. BUT... It is YOUR bike, YOU paid for them & If YOU want to run stupidly mahussive bars its YOUR choice!!

Stay Cool Dude Bros..

I'm like 6"2 with shoes on if that counts ahahahah. But I wanted the perfect 10s and I'm sure ill get used to
Em and like them !

|

7/11/2013 4:46 PM

I used to ride *.5 bars, but so many times it didnt feel right. Even now when riding friends bike with smaller bars its odd how I managed...It feels like Im leaning over the entire front end ...its like Im bending down to touch my toes and my face wants to land on the front wheel. I hesitated on the switch for a long time because I didnt want to waste money and have a product I dont like. I will say, all honesty, Im so glad I did. Ever since riding taller bars its made things so much better. Bike feels perfect..I will say since Ive been riding my bars more leaned back rather then forward for the extra height Ive been wanting something taller. May not ne ideal for everyone but I wish those Elevenz were in stock, would so order a pair. Would like the extra upsweep as well thats offered.. I did want to try out the BSD raiders as well but Id rather go for the extra inch in rise. I havent noticed the weight causing any difference when riding., I do feel the 10's are solid and I worry about nothing when riding.

To each their own, just be happy and enjoy riding no matter what level youre at.
Agcrx, I say try riding them first before cutting down....you may like it better with the 30inch width.

|

REFS-

7/11/2013 5:04 PM

I used to ride *.5 bars, but so many times it didnt feel right. Even now when riding friends bike with smaller bars its odd how I managed...It feels like Im leaning over the entire front end ...its like Im bending down to touch my toes and my face wants to land on the front wheel. I hesitated on the switch for a long time because I didnt want to waste money and have a product I dont like. I will say, all honesty, Im so glad I did. Ever since riding taller bars its made things so much better. Bike feels perfect..I will say since Ive been riding my bars more leaned back rather then forward for the extra height Ive been wanting something taller. May not ne ideal for everyone but I wish those Elevenz were in stock, would so order a pair. Would like the extra upsweep as well thats offered.. I did want to try out the BSD raiders as well but Id rather go for the extra inch in rise. I havent noticed the weight causing any difference when riding., I do feel the 10's are solid and I worry about nothing when riding.

To each their own, just be happy and enjoy riding no matter what level youre at.
Agcrx, I say try riding them first before cutting down....you may like it better with the 30inch width.

Alright ill try it out

|