I really didn't want to make this fucking thread (profile cranks)

Related:
Create New Tag

7/24/2013 7:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/24/2013 7:34 PM

I've searched this a ton and I'm allowed to make a newfag stupid thread. Do profiles really flex THAT bad? I've heard of guys running them that are 200+ with no flex at all. I'm ordering tonight and want to know. I don't do big sets or air high anymore and a little flex will be okay as long as it's not horrible since I don't like real stiff bikes. Some say they're the best cranks ever. I had a pair and never noticed bad flex or had any problems at all besides the bolt was stripped. Opinions please?

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

7/24/2013 7:36 PM

one time i tossed by bike on a bail and the chain stay of the frame was dented in super bad from the crank flexing into it, i had profile dj cranks and a S&M LTF

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

7/24/2013 7:41 PM

OneEyeIlluminatiGuy wrote:

one time i tossed by bike on a bail and the chain stay of the frame was dented in super bad from the crank flexing into it, i had profile dj cranks and a S&M LTF

Kinda user error.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

7/24/2013 7:45 PM

OneEyeIlluminatiGuy wrote:

I've heard of that happening a few times. I threw my old bike a lot and they never flexed that bad to where it dented. I dunno what I want to do : /

Oh they're the gdhs by the way if it matters.

|

7/24/2013 7:51 PM

http://www.danscomp.com/products-PARTS/451004/Madera_Protocol_HT_Cranks.html (these are heat treated profiles basically)
These should flex alot less & since you need a good warranty, light & a 19mm spindle.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

7/24/2013 7:54 PM

I like mine.

|

Noah Farver

717-679-7588 Text me if you need me.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

7/24/2013 7:59 PM

Nike iD wrote:

I like mine.

How's the flex, how hard do you ride? I never had a problem with mine but a lot of people say they're bad.

|

7/24/2013 8:07 PM

The ones you sold me dont flex at all, i have them spaced super close to the frame and they haven't rubbed and i havent felt then flex at all

I think they are really good actually i ride dirt and im over 200lbs and they hold up great

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

7/24/2013 8:07 PM

dude pretty much every pro rider that isn't paid to ride something else rides profile. now of course if u plan on riding a bunch of street i would look into something like those new stranger cranks. also if your that worried about you could go with a solid spindle.

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

7/24/2013 8:10 PM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

The ones you sold me dont flex at all, i have them spaced super close to the frame and they haven't rubbed and i havent felt then flex at all

I think they are really good actually i ride dirt and im over 200lbs and they hold up great

Yeah those things never flexed at all haha. Which is why I want another pair. I dunno I guess if I don't like them I can get another pair of cranks.

|

7/24/2013 8:10 PM

I had profiles for 3 weeks and sold them. They felt terrible to me when I switched from 1948s to them.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

7/24/2013 8:11 PM

DeviantBMX123 wrote:

dude pretty much every pro rider that isn't paid to ride something else rides profile. now of course if u plan on riding a bunch of street i would look into something like those new stranger cranks. also if your that worried about you could go with a solid spindle.

Yup. I ride pegless street and ramps and shit. Which is real light so I doubt I'd have a problem I never really do big drops.

|

7/24/2013 8:12 PM

i ran profiles with over half a centimeter of room between my chainstay and it flexes and till hits. I just got rid of them for bitchins

|

7/24/2013 8:16 PM

I've never had problems with profiles. No flex at all. Not even the slightest

|

Bikes. Cameras. Cars. Beer. NYx845

7/24/2013 8:19 PM

Maybe I should buy these cranks..lol Ive had my stock verde cranks for awhile now...

|

Don't tell me how to live my life!

I failed the life test...

7/24/2013 8:20 PM

Ressler711 wrote:

How old are yours?

|

7/24/2013 8:22 PM

there is so many yes and no idk just go thunderbolts or something.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

7/24/2013 8:24 PM

Ressler711 wrote:

Four wrote:

How old are yours?

I bought my bike off my boy that gets flowed by Skavenger and animal. I don't know anyone that rides harder than him and he's had them for a few years. They're solid.

|

Bikes. Cameras. Cars. Beer. NYx845

7/24/2013 8:24 PM

Mikel8149 wrote:

there is so many yes and no idk just go thunderbolts or something.

Dude I knowwww : / that's why I don't know what to do. So many say they're the best so many say they're not.

|

7/24/2013 8:28 PM

Only been riding mine for 2 months but they feel solid, i don't have any complaints.

|

7/24/2013 8:33 PM

DeviantBMX123 wrote:

Four wrote:

Yup. I ride pegless street and ramps and shit. Which is real light so I doubt I'd have a problem I never really do big drops.

yeah i dont think you would have a problem with them. i mean most park riders ride them and there bikes go through hell when they are learning new tricks. idk if this is helping at all lol.. i say just go for it. and if you dont like them you could probably sell them for a decent price..

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

7/24/2013 9:00 PM

DeviantBMX123 wrote:

yeah i dont think you would have a problem with them. i mean most park riders ride them and there bikes go through hell when they are learning new tricks. idk if this is helping at all lol.. i say just go for it. and if you dont like them you could probably sell them for a decent price..

Yeah true.

|

7/24/2013 9:05 PM

From my experience with friends' bikes, new Profiles flex a ton and feel like shit, while older Profiles (Like 5 years old+) are really stiff and feel great. I would never buy anything Profile, but that's just me.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

7/24/2013 10:10 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

From my experience with friends' bikes, new Profiles flex a ton and feel like shit, while older Profiles (Like 5 years old+) are really stiff and feel great. I would never buy anything Profile, but that's just me.

Can you or anyone explain what the flex feels like? I've not had cranks flex to my experience and if they have I haven't noticed.

|

7/24/2013 10:16 PM

Screw profiles. They are fine and all, just why not get the most solid cranks? Just get Odyssey Thunderbolts, Demolition Revolts, or Eclat Tibias or Onyx cranks. All super solid and nice as it gets!!

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

7/24/2013 10:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/24/2013 10:20 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Screw profiles. They are fine and all, just why not get the most solid cranks? Just get Odyssey Thunderbolts, Demolition Revolts, or Eclat Tibias or Onyx cranks. All super solid and nice as it gets!!

I have a 19mm bb and cant be asked to buy a new one. And the warranty. I don't like the wedge thing on the odysseys. And Eclat has a 90 day warranty.... I doubt I'll break them in the first 90 days so it's useless. That and I don't do big drops,gaps or air to flat so I'm not THAT worried about snapping them, I just have no idea about the flex or if I'll even care about it since I don't really like my bike too stiff.

|

7/24/2013 10:43 PM

go for the maderas they are practically the same company.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

7/24/2013 10:54 PM

I like Thunderbolts!

|

Put in work.
Put in work.
Put in work.
Flacko put 'em in the dirt.

7/24/2013 11:04 PM

FuckYoCult wrote:

I like Thunderbolts!

Yeah they seem solid but I'm not a fan of the wedge thing or the 2pc cranks. 2.5 piece is good but I just like simple cranks that I don't have to fool with much,

|

7/24/2013 11:10 PM

Four wrote:

Yeah they seem solid but I'm not a fan of the wedge thing or the 2pc cranks. 2.5 piece is good but I just like simple cranks that I don't have to fool with much,

Thunderbolts are a lot simpler and involve a lot less fooling with than normal 48 spline cranks... Real simple and easy to install and that's pretty much it.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital