I really didn't want to make this fucking thread (profile cranks)

Related:
Create New Tag

7/25/2013 5:22 PM

I have now ordered cranks.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

7/25/2013 5:23 PM

Profiles?

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

7/25/2013 5:27 PM

Four wrote:

How's the flex, how hard do you ride? I never had a problem with mine but a lot of people say they're bad.

I mean I'm not the hardest rider, but I don't really feel flex either.

|

Noah Farver

717-679-7588 Text me if you need me.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

7/25/2013 5:29 PM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

Profiles?

Yup if I didn't try them for myself it was gonna bug the fuck out of me until I bought a pair haha.

|

7/25/2013 6:06 PM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

Profiles?

Four wrote:

Yup if I didn't try them for myself it was gonna bug the fuck out of me until I bought a pair haha.

You should be happy with them. It's funny how everyone and their mom used to be all about Profiles, now everyone's bashing them. Starting to look like another Eastern trend movement. Lol

|

7/25/2013 6:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/25/2013 6:14 PM

-Havok- wrote:

You should be happy with them. It's funny how everyone and their mom used to be all about Profiles, now everyone's bashing ...more

Haha yeah I probably will. I was just thinking that earlier, everyone rode and though profiles were great now they say they're shit. I guess trends change. When I started riding it was all about slammed seats, lightest bikes you could make, smaller bars, plastic parts, 25/9, slim seats etc. Now the trends are complete opposites. My bike still sorta looks like that haha. I suppose it's good I don't like my bike too trendy.

|

7/25/2013 6:33 PM

Lol yeah I feel ya. Build your bike with the parts you want. If they fail, you learn your lesson then get something better. I've always trusted Profile because they've proven themselves for over 20 years. Same way with Odyssey, even if they are supposedly dicks about warranties. But I've never had to warranty anything of theirs, so I guess that speaks for itself right? Just like everyone hates on GT nowadays as well. That's all I used to ride in the 90's and early 00's, along with thousands of other people since bmx started. The only reason I'm not riding one of their frames now is because I don't trust hi ten steel frames, prefer 74.5 degree headtubes over 75, and the company hasn't been the same since Pacific Cycles bought them out (they were a Wal Mart brand bike company before the buy out).

|

7/25/2013 7:40 PM

Id like to try those Colum cranks unfortunately they are only spline drive....using an MDS sprocket and it what I like best. Been riding Profile for years, never any problems.

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

7/25/2013 7:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/25/2013 7:50 PM

-Havok- wrote:

Lol yeah I feel ya. Build your bike with the parts you want. If they fail, you learn your lesson then get something better. ...more

Yeah man I can adjust to most stuff on my bike so I'm sure I'll like the cranks if not there's always other cranks plenty of people rode them before just fine. I heard odyssey warranty is decent but have no experiences. Didn't GT actually have profile type cranks haha? Same thing kinda happened with DK once a company makes low end stock shit or walmart shit I usually won't ride their parts.

|

7/25/2013 7:51 PM

The Horror Contact wrote:

Id like to try those Colum cranks unfortunately they are only spline drive....using an MDS sprocket and it what I like best. ...more

Yeah I couldn't get a sd sprocket too plus I like fairly traditional shit on a bike. I'm all for innovation but I figure some stuff if it's good it's good.

|

7/25/2013 9:26 PM

Id like to try those Colum cranks unfortunately they are only spline drive....using an MDS sprocket and it what I like best. ...more

Four wrote:

Yeah I couldn't get a sd sprocket too plus I like fairly traditional shit on a bike. I'm all for innovation but I figure some ...more

If it came down to it, I could get a tree sd sprocket, I think Tree has the cleanest one plus, Im a fan of their products. Im in no need of cranks at this very moment...Interested in the Fiend cranks as well however, itll be some time before those are released.

|

REFS-

Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

7/25/2013 9:31 PM

If it came down to it, I could get a tree sd sprocket, I think Tree has the cleanest one plus, Im a fan of their products. Im ...more

Yeah same here, Tree seems to make really solid parts, the hubs are awesome. If I don't like my profiles and can't stand them which I doubt I'll probably get Tibias or something.

|

7/26/2013 12:20 AM

Caelum Persson wrote:

i was planning to get profiles but ended up getting premium 1948 cranks after hearing all the stuff aboiut profiles, id really ...more

DeviantBMX123 wrote:

how thick is the sprocket? i was gonna get 1948s with mds since i run my sprocket the same side as my pegs but im thinking im ...more

its not the thicket sprocket ive seen ha, ive actually gone to a tree lite sprocket now cause i didnt really like the other sprocket ha.

|

7/26/2013 12:30 AM

If your going Profile Cranks, go with an Imperial, just because its the cool thing to do.

|

Put in work.
Put in work.
Put in work.
Flacko put 'em in the dirt.

7/26/2013 2:40 AM

Four wrote:

Yeah I couldn't get a sd sprocket too plus I like fairly traditional shit on a bike. I'm all for innovation but I figure some ...more

If it came down to it, I could get a tree sd sprocket, I think Tree has the cleanest one plus, Im a fan of their products. Im ...more

Four wrote:

Yeah same here, Tree seems to make really solid parts, the hubs are awesome. If I don't like my profiles and can't stand them ...more

I have Tree hubs, that and profiles are my favorite. Been on tree hubs for well over a year and they are still perfectly true...just waiting on the new guards and stem to be available. Im sure you will like the Profile cranks, I ride all mine with a ti spindle, been doing so for years and they are still going strong.

|

REFS-

7/26/2013 10:17 AM

I have Tree hubs, that and profiles are my favorite. Been on tree hubs for well over a year and they are still perfectly ...more

Same here. I really like my Trees and had profiles too but mine were pretty out dated from maybe 2006 with the solid male 14mm axles haha. I'd like to pick up another pair sometime. Yeah I'm sure I will, how's the Ti spindle? I was thinking of getting one later on.

|

7/28/2013 3:39 PM

Don't know if this makes you feel any better, but my profiles are pretty beat up and still no flex, no dents, and no bends or cracks.
Photo

Photo

Photo

|

Noah Farver

[LINK TO IMAGE]

7/28/2013 3:48 PM

Thanks man! Yeah I look forward to getting them, and riding again haha.

|

7/28/2013 3:56 PM

Four wrote:

Thanks man! Yeah I look forward to getting them, and riding again haha.

Like I said before, I'm not that hard of a rider, but my grinds can be sloppy as you can see in the pics tongue and stoked that you'll be back riding.

|

Noah Farver

[LINK TO IMAGE]

7/28/2013 3:57 PM

I had a pair, & they were perfect. I heard the 170's & 165's dont flex at all but I had 175's & they felt pretty good. I liked em.

|

Refs: Scramhype x3, IRideAFly, Tomdon x2, HateBreeder x2, AndrewPeakmanBMX, TrendyDoo

For faster reply text me at 7024964706

7/28/2013 4:00 PM

Nike iD wrote:

Like I said before, I'm not that hard of a rider, but my grinds can be sloppy as you can see in the pics tongue and stoked that ...more

Same here I ride flat more than anything (not flatland) and just banks and shit pegless. Haha same it's been a few weeks : / I hate my bike at the moment ha. Thanks for all the input man.

|

7/28/2013 4:06 PM

Four wrote:

Same here I ride flat more than anything (not flatland) and just banks and shit pegless. Haha same it's been a few weeks : / I ...more

I gotcha, whats your bike like right now? I can't seem to dial my bike in right either. And no problem.

|

Noah Farver

[LINK TO IMAGE]

7/28/2013 4:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/28/2013 4:23 PM

Nike iD wrote:

I gotcha, whats your bike like right now? I can't seem to dial my bike in right either. And no problem.

It's a Fly Three Amigos I built up until I get my parts in heavy as fuck and not my geo. This was my last legit bike but I took it apart haha

|