I really like the look of Demolition rims, are they actually strong though? Anyone had them?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/8/2020 1:51 AM

I love the look:-
https://www.sourcebmx.com/products/demolition-zero-rim?variant=20039503446127

Super thick, dialed looking rims. Anyone have demolition rims in general? A lot of people like rocking them but are they G-Sport/Odyssey levels or no where near?

Please share experiences.

|

Control of my bars helps me feel in control of my life.

7/8/2020 5:02 AM

If they’re good enough for Dennis Enerson they’re good enough for you

|

fack off

7/8/2020 9:52 AM

It good.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

7/8/2020 2:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/8/2020 2:36 PM

I don't like demolition. That's my experience. But the rim should do just fine, maybe, probably not.

|

7/8/2020 9:52 PM

Those rims have been around for as long as Hazard Lites, or maybe even more. I had one. They're definitely good.

|

7/8/2020 10:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/8/2020 10:06 PM

adamnmexican wrote:

That argument doesn’t really hold up though. Pro’s ride the components they’re sponsored to ride, whether they’re the best on the market or not. If Dennis destroys a rim, he just laces up a new one. I’m not commenting on the quality of demolition parts, I have no idea as I’ve never ran any, but the fact that a pro uses a certain product doesn’t attest to its quality.

|

Don’t put 25.4 bars in a 22.2 stem.

7/8/2020 10:43 PM

adamnmexican wrote:

Spongeworthy wrote:

That argument doesn’t really hold up though. Pro’s ride the components they’re sponsored to ride, whether they’re the best on the market or not. If Dennis destroys a rim, he just laces up a new one. I’m not commenting on the quality of demolition parts, I have no idea as I’ve never ran any, but the fact that a pro uses a certain product doesn’t attest to its quality.

Yeah a lot of people fail to understand this.

|

7/8/2020 10:44 PM

Super-Pawl wrote:

Those rims have been around for as long as Hazard Lites, or maybe even more. I had one. They're definitely good.

Thanks bro. Look solid.

|

Control of my bars helps me feel in control of my life.

7/9/2020 7:05 AM

adamnmexican wrote:

Spongeworthy wrote:

Cellmember wrote:

Why would pro's risk serious injury, or worse on parts that aren't up to the task? It just doesn't make sense that a pro rider would choose "unlimited access" to parts that are known to be crap quality vs. just pressuring their sponsors to make better parts...

|

7/9/2020 7:19 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/9/2020 7:21 AM

Bryan91 wrote:

Why would pro's risk serious injury, or worse on parts that aren't up to the task? It just doesn't make sense that a pro rider would choose "unlimited access" to parts that are known to be crap quality vs. just pressuring their sponsors to make better parts...

So every part that every pro rides, from every company, is high quality? I doubt it.

|

7/9/2020 8:16 AM

Cellmember wrote:

Bryan91 wrote:

Spongeworthy wrote:

So every part that every pro rides, from every company, is high quality? I doubt it.

I guess I should of said "parts ridden by pro riders that go big" should be high quality.

I can pretty much go out on a limb and say Dennis Enarson isn't riding crap quality parts.

|

7/9/2020 9:13 AM

adamnmexican wrote:

Spongeworthy wrote:

While that's true, the components need to last through the gnarly stuff he does. Just look at the videos of dropping off roofs and such, some lesser quality stuff would bend/break instantly.

|

7/9/2020 9:30 AM

Bryan91 wrote:

I guess I should of said "parts ridden by pro riders that go big" should be high quality.

I can pretty much go out on a limb and say Dennis Enarson isn't riding crap quality parts.

That doesn't mean that they're worthy of your money. You can get much better rims for a similar price. "If they're good enough for ______, they're good enough for you" is only said by simpletons.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

7/9/2020 9:34 AM

Spongeworthy wrote:

Cellmember wrote:

Bryan91 wrote:

It not necessarily about choosing unlimited access to parts...its also about a paycheck

1. This isnt just a bmx thing either...I'm into shoes and some athletes have lower priced shoes with lower quality materials or technology...sponsorships arent always about having the highest quality...its about getting paid

2. If a high profile athlete or big rider on a company has an issue with a product they ride...I would think the company would make that athlete a model that fits their needs that regular customers cant purchase for retail...for example lebron does not play in the same shoes you can purchase at the mall

|

7/9/2020 9:36 AM

Spongeworthy wrote:

Bryan91 wrote:

Xxohioanxx wrote:

That doesn't mean that they're worthy of your money. You can get much better rims for a similar price. "If they're good enough for ______, they're good enough for you" is only said by simpletons.

Maybe if you're assuming something is good but if you see with your own eyes that someone goes huge on components that don't blow up, not sure how seeing that proof makes you a simpleton.

|

7/9/2020 10:51 AM

Spongeworthy wrote:

Bryan91 wrote:

Xxohioanxx wrote:

It can definitely add some sort of reassurance though, no?

I mean these rims have never been on my radar, but if I got them for free, or super cheap and saw that Enarson rocks them I'd probably go ahead and give them a go. I'm not even a big Enarson watcher/ follower, but I've seen enough of him to know what type of riding he does.

Also @younggotti, I'm aware that some pro's get bespoke parts made just for them, but those aren't the type of riders, or brands I buy/ follow.

|

7/9/2020 12:35 PM

Bryan91 wrote:

You’d probably be wrong to say that. When Garrett Reynolds was riding for Premium he said he was breaking parts left & right, including his own signature parts, and had lots of people messaging him saying they were also breaking them. They were crap but he still rode them, I assume because of his contract. Not from the same interview but I think he was also the rider who stated he had to have them send 2 frames out at a time cause he’d end up breaking one too easily and didn’t wanna wait for another

That’s just one example from an old interview but I’m sure there’s others. Point is just because a part has a pro’s name on it doesn’t always mean it’s “good enough for them” although I agree it SHOULD be that way. Only exceptions I’d make are probably Bonedeth or Fiend… I can’t see Sean or Garrett putting out signature parts through their own companies that would be breaking all the time like that, but who knows

|

7/9/2020 12:57 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

You’d probably be wrong to say that. When Garrett Reynolds was riding for Premium he said he was breaking parts left & right, including his own signature parts, and had lots of people messaging him saying they were also breaking them. They were crap but he still rode them, I assume because of his contract. Not from the same interview but I think he was also the rider who stated he had to have them send 2 frames out at a time cause he’d end up breaking one too easily and didn’t wanna wait for another

That’s just one example from an old interview but I’m sure there’s others. Point is just because a part has a pro’s name on it doesn’t always mean it’s “good enough for them” although I agree it SHOULD be that way. Only exceptions I’d make are probably Bonedeth or Fiend… I can’t see Sean or Garrett putting out signature parts through their own companies that would be breaking all the time like that, but who knows

Well shit, I'll admit I stand corrected then.

I guess all of the brands I usually think of buying, or supporting usually have a lot of riders running their parts with little complaints, or solid warranties, so I just assume "all" brands must be the same.

|

7/9/2020 5:16 PM

Bryan91 wrote:

He almost definitely isn’t. My point was more general in nature, being that just because someone endorses something (especially something they’re paid to endorse), that doesn’t automatically make that a good product.

|

7/9/2020 7:41 PM

Bryan91 wrote:

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Bryan91 wrote:

It can definitely add some sort of reassurance though, no?

I mean these rims have never been on my radar, but if I got them for free, or super cheap and saw that Enarson rocks them I'd probably go ahead and give them a go. I'm not even a big Enarson watcher/ follower, but I've seen enough of him to know what type of riding he does.

Also @younggotti, I'm aware that some pro's get bespoke parts made just for them, but those aren't the type of riders, or brands I buy/ follow.

I think it's more prevalent than you think...I bet most riders arent riding the same exact stuff the companies are selling for retail

Vital just did an interview with Morgan wade who is riding his frame made in america...the production frame will be made in Taiwan and dont even weight the same...not to mention all these riders test new products are probably better than the mass produced products we get

|

7/10/2020 1:38 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/10/2020 4:54 AM

I can almost guarantee that pro riders that currently ride for the following companies are running the same production parts we do (unless of course they are running an early sample/ prototype, or something titanium that the company obviously doesn't make).

This is just of my head:

Odyssey/ GSPORT
Animal
BSD
S&M
Fit (aftermarket)
Demolition
United
Fiend
WTP (aftermarket)
Eclat
Bone Death
Kink (aftermarket)
Merritt
Shadow Conspiracy
Subrosa (aftermarket)
T1
Cult (aftermarket)
Primo
Relic
Mutiny
Flybikes (aftermarket)

If anyone has any info on the contrary please let me know, but that's a lot of pro riders right there running production parts. So, that means there's actually a lot less pro riders out there that are running bespoke parts...

*Edit: I think I'm trying to say that the majority of pro riders that ride "street", or "trails" are being given parts that come direct from the same warehouses we get are parts from. The ones that aren't are usually coming from the competition big air/ nitro circus side (which I don't really follow).

|

7/10/2020 8:16 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/10/2020 8:30 AM

Bryan91 wrote:

I can almost guarantee that pro riders that currently ride for the following companies are running the same production parts we do (unless of course they are running an early sample/ prototype, or something titanium that the company obviously doesn't make).

This is just of my head:

Odyssey/ GSPORT
Animal
BSD
S&M
Fit (aftermarket)
Demolition
United
Fiend
WTP (aftermarket)
Eclat
Bone Death
Kink (aftermarket)
Merritt
Shadow Conspiracy
Subrosa (aftermarket)
T1
Cult (aftermarket)
Primo
Relic
Mutiny
Flybikes (aftermarket)

If anyone has any info on the contrary please let me know, but that's a lot of pro riders right there running production parts. So, that means there's actually a lot less pro riders out there that are running bespoke parts...

*Edit: I think I'm trying to say that the majority of pro riders that ride "street", or "trails" are being given parts that come direct from the same warehouses we get are parts from. The ones that aren't are usually coming from the competition big air/ nitro circus side (which I don't really follow).

Yeah I'm going the other way...I think big name riders like chad, dennis, and Garrett are not riding the retail products

Assuming the company is big enough to make special parts or pay a different manufactor to specially make products even if they are the same specs, just better quality...I think most do....obviously a small company like mutiny doesnt have the money for that

But i have personal experience of haro doing it

|

7/10/2020 9:03 AM

younggotti wrote:

Yeah I'm going the other way...I think big name riders like chad, dennis, and Garrett are not riding the retail products

Assuming the company is big enough to make special parts or pay a different manufactor to specially make products even if they are the same specs, just better quality...I think most do....obviously a small company like mutiny doesnt have the money for that

I guess agree to disagree. lol

I personally think all three of the riders you mentioned get sent the same production parts we do (unless like I said it's a sample/ proto).

|

7/10/2020 10:26 AM

Bryan91 wrote:

This is just of my head:

Odyssey/ GSPORT
Animal
BSD
S&M
Fit (aftermarket)
Demolition
United
Fiend
WTP (aftermarket)
Eclat
Bone Death
Kink (aftermarket)
Merritt
Shadow Conspiracy
Subrosa (aftermarket)
T1
Cult (aftermarket)
Primo
Relic
Mutiny
Flybikes (aftermarket)

younggotti wrote:

Bryan91 wrote:

I guess agree to disagree. lol

I personally think all three of the riders you mentioned get sent the same production parts we do (unless like I said it's a sample/ proto).

2 of them ride for Haro

20 years ago I rode haro wheels and at the time they were the only ones with female axles...while at woodward I broke my rear axle....nyquist and mirra had just left and I thought I was screwed for the week....luckily I found bruce chrisman and asked him if he had a spare...he gave me a spare axle he had which was longer and made of a different material than the ones that came with my wheels

I'm not saying every product is totally different..but I'd be shocked if their bikes were made completely of things we would get at our local shops

|

7/10/2020 4:41 PM

younggotti wrote:

2 of them ride for Haro

20 years ago I rode haro wheels and at the time they were the only ones with female axles...while at woodward I broke my rear axle....nyquist and mirra had just left and I thought I was screwed for the week....luckily I found bruce chrisman and asked him if he had a spare...he gave me a spare axle he had which was longer and made of a different material than the ones that came with my wheels

I'm not saying every product is totally different..but I'd be shocked if their bikes were made completely of things we would get at our local shops

I don't doubt that.

The thing is parts these days are, so much better in quality and that's why I'm skeptical.

|