I think I need new parts what are the best to get?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/1/2013 6:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/1/2013 6:51 PM

Okay so I got my bike like two months ago for my bday and I've been riding a lot and learning but i tried to do a nose manual and my bike fell and it scratched up my bars like on the bended part and I think I need new ones because they will rust and looks kinda like its rusted then when I go to do a trick they might snap and that would suck money isn't an issue. Also my grips are getting worn out so i need new ones but dont know which ones to select because there are so many. Can anyone help me select some good bars and forks? Also I am 14, weigh 120lbs and about 5'5-5'6 if that helps the bike is a premium duo what bars will fit it

|

7/1/2013 6:53 PM

Odyssey R-25 Fork - Arguably the best forks on the market today, The R25s have steeper offset which will help with your nose manuals.
S&M Fat Head Bars - Duel Radius Bends for extra strength, 4 degree upsweep for added awesomeness!

If you wanted to get Chrome forks & bars the Odyssey Forks come in Chrome but the Bars don't so look into Fit Mac Handle Bars, They feature the same Duel Radius Bends & basically the same sweeps they are just .25" Taller

Hope That Helps Buddy.

|

7/1/2013 6:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/1/2013 7:32 PM

Topsey wrote:

Odyssey R-25 Fork - Arguably the best forks on the market today, The R25s have steeper offset which will help with your nose manuals.
S&M Fat Head Bars - Duel Radius Bends for extra strength, 4 degree upsweep for added awesomeness!

If you wanted to get Chrome forks & bars the Odyssey Forks come in Chrome but the Bars don't so look into Fit Mac Handle Bars, They feature the same Duel Radius Bends & basically the same sweeps they are just .25" Taller

Hope That Helps Buddy.

I heard those parts r good from my friend who rides are they really light and do they scratch easy? thanks man I appreciate the help : )

|

7/1/2013 6:56 PM

... just what ever you do, do not get the "not so perfect 10's"

|

Refs: Four x4, Dolphin, BrokenBMX, Tomdon, ecuadevil...

7/1/2013 6:58 PM

God what a fag

|

i used to like pork till i found out it came from cops...

7/1/2013 6:59 PM

Purple bike wrote:

God what a fag

what? I need new parts if ur not gonna help me shut the fuck up and go away idiot

|

7/1/2013 7:05 PM

TheRadDragon wrote:

y not are they heavy or something?

|

7/1/2013 7:10 PM

Purple bike wrote:

God what a fag

theb0sspremiumbmX wrote:

what? I need new parts if ur not gonna help me shut the fuck up and go away idiot

U don't need new parts just cause they rust, scratch or what ever the fuck else, and any part u buy will scratch and chip if it hits the ground

|

i used to like pork till i found out it came from cops...

7/1/2013 7:12 PM

God damn, you don't need a new part every time you fucking scratch something. I ran shitty Verde bars with giant rusted scratches on the bends for over a year no problems.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

7/1/2013 7:14 PM

theb0sspremiumbmX wrote:

Double post, but you don't fucking need new parts. You want new parts because you're crying over a scratch.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴

7/1/2013 7:15 PM

Purple bike wrote:

God what a fag

theb0sspremiumbmX wrote:

Purple bike wrote:

U don't need new parts just cause they rust, scratch or what ever the fuck else, and any part u buy will scratch and chip if it hits the ground

My grandpa said they may break if i ride them rusted man

|

7/1/2013 7:16 PM

Purple bike wrote:

God what a fag

theb0sspremiumbmX wrote:

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Double post, but you don't fucking need new parts. You want new parts because you're crying over a scratch.

but they're rusted and that makes them easier to snap and it's not a scratches there a bunch of scratches.... plus it makes my bike look like shit

|

7/1/2013 7:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/1/2013 7:16 PM

theb0sspremiumbmX wrote:

Then tell your grandpa he better buy you new bars literally every week if he wants to keep you safe with his logic.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴

7/1/2013 7:17 PM

theb0sspremiumbmX wrote:

but they're rusted and that makes them easier to snap and it's not a scratches there a bunch of scratches.... plus it makes my bike look like shit

Oh my fucking god. Rust on the surface doesn't do anything. Like I said I ran scratched to fuck bars for over a year with no problem. It doesn't make them easier to snap. And who the fuck cares what your bike looks like, it's gonna get scratched if you actually ride.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴

7/1/2013 7:18 PM

Purple bike wrote:

theb0sspremiumbmX wrote:

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Then tell your grandpa he better buy you new bars literally every week if he wants to keep you safe with his logic.

I will he said he will get me new parts when mine get messed up because he doesnt want my bike to break when I ride.

|

7/1/2013 7:19 PM

theb0sspremiumbmX wrote:

I will he said he will get me new parts when mine get messed up because he doesnt want my bike to break when I ride.

If they're scratched, they're not 'messed up'. Nor will they break. It doesn't affect the strength of them at all.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴

7/1/2013 7:21 PM

TheRadDragon wrote:

theb0sspremiumbmX wrote:

Even though they are a joke, that's not what you want and stop whining over a scratch, my bars are beat to shit, your grandpa has failed logic tell him that.

|

7/1/2013 7:22 PM

TheRadDragon wrote:

theb0sspremiumbmX wrote:

TheRadDragon wrote:

Even though they are a joke, that's not what you want and stop whining over a scratch, my bars are beat to shit, your grandpa has failed logic tell him that.

y the fuck would I disrespect my grandpa like that? I'm not a dick like u.

|

7/1/2013 7:23 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

theb0sspremiumbmX wrote:

Xxohioanxx wrote:

If they're scratched, they're not 'messed up'. Nor will they break. It doesn't affect the strength of them at all.

but they are getting RUSTED! not just scratche the parts that are scrached are getting rusted!

|

7/1/2013 7:25 PM

theb0sspremiumbmX wrote:

TheRadDragon wrote:

theb0sspremiumbmX wrote:

All I'm saying is that there is no need to replace bar every day... rediculous

|

7/1/2013 7:28 PM

TheRadDragon wrote:

theb0sspremiumbmX wrote:

TheRadDragon wrote:

All I'm saying is that there is no need to replace bar every day... rediculous

no.... if they are gonna break then i need new bars.....

|

7/1/2013 7:32 PM

Surface rust DOES NOT AFFECT THE INTEGRITY OF THE METAL. Pros run fully I painted frames that are literally rusted inside and out and they hold up fine! Pros do it on purpose!

Now go tell your grandpa he is fucking retarded and never come back on this site ever the fuck again

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

7/1/2013 7:33 PM

future FBM wrote:

Surface rust DOES NOT AFFECT THE INTEGRITY OF THE METAL. Pros run fully I painted frames that are literally rusted inside and out and they hold up fine! Pros do it on purpose!

Now go tell your grandpa he is fucking retarded and never come back on this site ever the fuck again

DONT TALK ABOUT MY GRANDPA LIKE THAT U FUCKING BITCH!

|

7/1/2013 8:04 PM

cmon u guys this is fucking dumb i need to order soon!

|

7/1/2013 8:10 PM

Damn kid you are an idiot. SURFACE rust is just that IT IS ON THE SURFACE!! My T-1 frame i left in my dark damp out building to PURPOSELY get rusted. LOADS of people do it for the Rat Rod look. IT IS PERFECTLY FINE.. Your Grandpa obviously doesn't know what he is talking about when it comes to BMX parts & over all integrity of the Material used in BMX. They aren't just some crappy piss thin scaffold pole bent to shape & welded up. The are heat treated Chromoly. They will last FOREVER!! They could be orange & brown from rust & still be 100% Fine!! If you Grandpa obviously knows best because he's old and has life experiance over guys like me who have probably been riding longer than you have been alive, have experiance in & around the BMX industry & the manufacturing side of BMX. I have designed parts, i have had them made, i have even made some of my own parts. My Father has been a Welder/Fabricator for 35 years. He owned his own Fabrication Business for 15 of those, he KNOWS What he is talking about!!!

SURFACE RUST WILL NOT DAMAGE THE STRUCTURAL INTEGRITY OF THE HANDLE BARS!!!!!!!

|

7/1/2013 8:13 PM

Topsey wrote:

Damn kid you are an idiot. SURFACE rust is just that IT IS ON THE SURFACE!! My T-1 frame i left in my dark damp out building to PURPOSELY get rusted. LOADS of people do it for the Rat Rod look. IT IS PERFECTLY FINE.. Your Grandpa obviously doesn't know what he is talking about when it comes to BMX parts & over all integrity of the Material used in BMX. They aren't just some crappy piss thin scaffold pole bent to shape & welded up. The are heat treated Chromoly. They will last FOREVER!! They could be orange & brown from rust & still be 100% Fine!! If you Grandpa obviously knows best because he's old and has life experiance over guys like me who have probably been riding longer than you have been alive, have experiance in & around the BMX industry & the manufacturing side of BMX. I have designed parts, i have had them made, i have even made some of my own parts. My Father has been a Welder/Fabricator for 35 years. He owned his own Fabrication Business for 15 of those, he KNOWS What he is talking about!!!

SURFACE RUST WILL NOT DAMAGE THE STRUCTURAL INTEGRITY OF THE HANDLE BARS!!!!!!!

my grandpa has a really nice mountain bike he knows what hes doing.... my bmxmachine is getting rusted and looks bad I don't want it to look like shit and what if it breaks... rusted parts snap easy dude i dont wanna break my bike and my grandpa said he'll buy me anything i want for my bike.

|

7/1/2013 9:15 PM

future FBM wrote:

theb0sspremiumbmX wrote:

You and your gramps have a severe case of autism

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

7/1/2013 9:36 PM

you guys are all getting fucking anal over stupid shit lol, if he wants new shit let him buy it, your input isnt needed.

|

7/1/2013 9:39 PM

Caelum Persson wrote:

you guys are all getting fucking anal over stupid shit lol, if he wants new shit let him buy it, your input isnt needed.

Thanks man you are the only one on here thats fucking chill man.

|

7/1/2013 10:10 PM

future FBM wrote:

theb0sspremiumbmX wrote:

your grandpa aint shit

|