I think I've got scammed

Related:
Create New Tag

2/15/2014 8:03 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/15/2014 8:13 AM

So, I've ordered parts off a website about a week ago, they took the money on friday but didn't send me anything. Today I went onto their website and it says account is suspended. I tried emailing them but didn't get any response.
I think I've got scammed, what can I do in this situation?

|

2/15/2014 8:05 AM

Did you order by paypal if open a claim/ dispute.?

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

2/15/2014 8:09 AM

Mikel8149 wrote:

Did you order by paypal if open a claim/ dispute.?

I ordered directly through my card, that was the only option that was there

|

2/15/2014 8:09 AM

Who did you order from?

|

2/15/2014 8:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/15/2014 8:13 AM

eskimojay wrote:

Who did you order from?

https://www.bikestore.ie

their website looked normal until like an hour ago.. I'm so pissed.. I only ordered it off them because that shop is like an hour away from where I live and I thought I'll get the parts next day at the latest...

|

2/15/2014 8:13 AM

call the card company?

|

2/15/2014 8:16 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/15/2014 8:21 AM

File a police report

And if you said the shops not too far try going over there

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

2/15/2014 8:27 AM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

File a police report

They are closed till monday, I'll try calling them then.
If they actually scammed me, will I get my money back?

|

2/15/2014 8:30 AM

Crevop wrote:

Youd better go to the shop on monday and bring the police. Have all evidence of your purchase in hand.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

2/15/2014 8:51 AM

Crevop wrote:

Make You Bank/Card Company aware of the Situation & that You MIGHT be putting in a Claim on Monday. Call the shop Monday, IF they are still there, then ask Where The Flying Feckering are My Parts?! & Either they A. Apologize & send You Your Part or B. They no longer exist & have taken Your money. That's criminal theft! Contact Your Bank/Card Company & tell them what has happened & get the Police involved to track the bastards down & A. Get Your Money back & B. Get them done for Theft!

TAAAAAA DAAAAAH!!!! That really is worse case scenario. There's a plethora of things that could've happened. Phone them, Remind them of Your order & ask them If they've got it out yet. If No, act surprised & just say, Oh Right, I thought You'dve of got it out by now & then the balls in their court! Don't take any shit. You paid for Bike Parts, You should get said Bike Parts or Your Money Back!

|

2/15/2014 8:58 AM

maybe call the better business bureau if they won't give your money back.

|

2/15/2014 9:00 AM

Ok im not saying you didnt get scammed or anything but...

I just realized you said they got the money Friday...today's Saturday so do you mean they got the money yesterday or was it last Friday or something

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

2/15/2014 9:07 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/15/2014 9:11 AM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

Ok im not saying you didnt get scammed or anything but...

I just realized you said they got the money Friday...today's Saturday so do you mean they got the money yesterday or was it last Friday or something

The money was frozen on the card, waiting for them to accept the transaction for like 4 days, Thay took the money yesterday and didn't send me ANY confimation email or my parts. Every website I bought stuff on ( and I bought loads ) send an confirmantion email when they accept the order and they tell you that the order is ready to be dispatched etc.

Maybe it's not a scam. Maybe they didn't pay the bills for the website and that's why it went down. Still, they should have sent my stuff earlier or at least contact me about it. The only emails I got from them were the automated ones so I have the right to be concered.

|

2/15/2014 11:48 AM

Hope you didnt. Was it cheap as Fuck?

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

2/15/2014 12:12 PM

what exactly did you buy?

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

2/15/2014 2:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/15/2014 2:13 PM

feeble_to_face wrote:

I don't think it matters wink

|

2/15/2014 2:23 PM

Crevop wrote:

Um.. Maybe it's shipping to you now.. Stuff isn't instant you know.

|

Bang Bang bmx

2/15/2014 3:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/15/2014 3:15 PM

Sometimes sending money can be held up. If the money was accepted just yesterday, I'm sure it's been shipped. I'd give it a few days. If you got it from a shop, then I don't think you'd get a confirmation email. I order stuff from my bike shop and i don't get anything like that. But yeah, if you don't get your stuff soon I'd go to the shop with the police.

Edit: Typo

|

-Reps: JakeSalbert, Stephan.yupthatsme, bmxrider4lyfe, cb4130, mactive818, Broughton, Dream, Kymike(X2), Sam.cooper1291, louie101202, nshs2010, hatebreeder, justin vogelsberger, Xlilkillaluc15x, Four, Blakebmx92, Brian_Griffin, Element4all
-I have more reps from my old account.
(My old account is 'bmx')

2/15/2014 4:40 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/15/2014 4:43 PM

Would prolly be easier for people to recommend a plan of action if you told us what you ordered and who you ordered from. If you ordered from ACE bmx or one of the known un-reputable dealers good luck in your ventures. If you ordered from ALBES, EMPIRE, DANS, OR MYSELF (which you didnt cause i dont have any pending invoices) you will likely get your items soon. The east coast was hit with a huge blizzard again this week so give it time, if not contact police and card company. Good luck.

NVM, i missed the post with the site link, looks like their website hosting suspended the site, which could mean the fees for the site weren't aid, could also mean the site was forced offline or pending investigation either way get your money back now, and next time buy from a trusted source

|

2/15/2014 5:33 PM

feeble_to_face wrote:

Crevop wrote:

Well, if you got for examole a fit WiFi frame for 200$, some gsport hub set for 180$ you were probably scammed. Dirty cheap shit is usually a scam.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

2/15/2014 5:40 PM

Don't presume anything. I guarentee it's just a delayed shipping or an account mix up. Keep all records of your purchase and try contacting the shop as soon as possible just in case.

Shipping takes time , be patient. As with a suspended account , I figure it means you've purchased items , so you can't order any more until that shipment goes through.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

2/15/2014 5:45 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Don't presume anything. I guarentee it's just a delayed shipping or an account mix up. Keep all records of your purchase and try contacting the shop as soon as possible just in case.

Shipping takes time , be patient. As with a suspended account , I figure it means you've purchased items , so you can't order any more until that shipment goes through.

Its not just him the SITE is suspended means the web address is not re-directing to the pages because either 1 host crashed, 2 host is late on fees or 3 site no longer exists but web address is still registered

|

2/16/2014 8:11 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/16/2014 8:21 AM

I miss Staff bmx....

Also kind of funny that Secret put themselves up there with Emp/Dans/Albe's A+ reputations.

|

2/16/2014 8:53 AM

BNC wrote:

I miss Staff bmx....

Also kind of funny that Secret put themselves up there with Emp/Dans/Albe's A+ reputations.

It was just an example

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

2/16/2014 8:58 AM

T-rider wrote:

It was just an example

I know, the all caps made me lol though haha

|

2/16/2014 9:04 AM

HAH RIGH

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

2/16/2014 9:42 AM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

File a police report

Crevop wrote:

Topsey wrote:

Make You Bank/Card Company aware of the Situation & that You MIGHT be putting in a Claim on Monday. Call the shop Monday, IF they are still there, then ask Where The Flying Feckering are My Parts?! & Either they A. Apologize & send You Your Part or B. They no longer exist & have taken Your money. That's criminal theft! Contact Your Bank/Card Company & tell them what has happened & get the Police involved to track the bastards down & A. Get Your Money back & B. Get them done for Theft!

TAAAAAA DAAAAAH!!!! That really is worse case scenario. There's a plethora of things that could've happened. Phone them, Remind them of Your order & ask them If they've got it out yet. If No, act surprised & just say, Oh Right, I thought You'dve of got it out by now & then the balls in their court! Don't take any shit. You paid for Bike Parts, You should get said Bike Parts or Your Money Back!

This.

Most banks have a zero liabilty guarantee for that type of stuff. You can call your bank and file a dispute citing "Items not received".

But yea, contact them and or go there and ask what is going on.

BTW, just because they are an hour away doesn't mean you get your stuff in a day. I have ordered from QBP (A HUGE bike supplier an hour away) directly, and it took 4 days to get to the shop I worked at. I could have driven there and picked it up inside of an hour if they allowed that.

It takes them time to grab the items, get em boxed up, labeled for shipping and in the shipper's hands, who then have to figure out where it is going among hundreds if not thousands of other things, organize them to the correct routes/trucks, load the trucks, and deliver them. Usually shipping I figure will take 2-4 biz days if in the same 5 state area here in the US. And that would be roughly an 800- 1000 mile radius.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/16/2014 11:35 AM

There site is back up.. they look legit. They have literally years of Facebook posts here: https://www.facebook.com/thebikestore

Call them up tomorrow.

|

2/17/2014 8:15 AM

I called them twice today and someone is meant to contact me. Everything should be fine but I'm sooo annoyed :|

|

2/17/2014 8:18 AM

I now that feeling man.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER