I wanna go brakeless!!

Related:
Create New Tag

1/18/2011 3:45 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/18/2011 3:58 PM

Yo
I've wanted to go brakeless for a while now, but I'm having difficulties persuading my parents, as my mum is an A and E nurse so it's not easy, can any of you help come up with some suggestions on how I can do this?

I went brakeless for about 2 weeks when my cable snapped and I loved it, but the they told me to go out an buy a new cable.

Cheers!

|

1/18/2011 3:46 PM

English....... again.

|

kobe bryant ready

1/18/2011 3:48 PM

take them off, say someone stole them

|

vital's redneck

1/18/2011 3:48 PM

Well you could just...

KEEP YOUR DAMN BRAKES ON!!!

|

R.I.P. COMPTON
E-mail:chrisschmall@yahoo.com
Refs:chadr, spikez5, umpgotti, brenden1207

First MOTM 12/2010

1/18/2011 3:51 PM

or stop being a mamas boy and just take em off

|

1/18/2011 3:57 PM

tell her that you want to learn whip tricks, take them off (but keep them) and tell her that if you don't like it or you crash then you'll put them back on.

I had the same problem with mine, one day i just took them off and she never really noticed

|

"The more I learn, the more I realize how dumb I am." -JustRideBMX

1/18/2011 4:00 PM

do u have any bike control? dont just take them off to look "cool". tell her you will wear a helmet. i took mine off w/out asking and she didnt care.

|

1/18/2011 4:01 PM

B.M.X wrote:

tell her that you want to learn whip tricks, take them off (but keep them) and tell her that if you don't like it or you crash then you'll put them back on.

I had the same problem with mine, one day i just took them off and she never really noticed

Thanks for the advice, glad to talk to someone who had the same problem.

|

1/18/2011 4:02 PM

lol my mom doesn't even know when i get a new frame

|

vital's redneck

1/18/2011 4:02 PM

S1CKLY SK1LLED wrote:

do u have any bike control? dont just take them off to look "cool". tell her you will wear a helmet. i took mine off w/out asking and she didnt care.

I already always wear a helmet and yes I do have pretty solid bike control, but thanks anyway.

|

1/18/2011 4:09 PM

BLRBMX wrote:

this

tell your mom in a nice way that its time for you to make your own decisions

|

Refs:
wade, ~stolen boy~, mattjmuldoon(x2), droogskul(x2), element4all, ron44ald, iridefly(x2), empath_, ajp62696, areanfsl, dontdeletemepleaseandthankyou, JakeSalbert, asilva23, bmx4life121303, TCbmx.

1/18/2011 4:16 PM

BLRBMX wrote:

she doesn't see the ups guy drop off a big ass box in front of your door? lol

|

1/18/2011 4:33 PM

BLRBMX wrote:

my dad doesnt know i got a new frame lol.

|

1/18/2011 5:25 PM

S1CKLY SK1LLED wrote:

Dan_Richardson wrote:

I already always wear a helmet and yes I do have pretty solid bike control, but thanks anyway.

Do you actually have bike control or are you saying it like every other kid who can bunnyhop?

Not trying to be a dick but I have seen kids say they have control and 5 seconds later they use a wall or other people to stop.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/18/2011 5:38 PM

S1CKLY SK1LLED wrote:

Dan_Richardson wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

Do you actually have bike control or are you saying it like every other kid who can bunnyhop?

Not trying to be a dick but I have seen kids say they have control and 5 seconds later they use a wall or other people to stop.

yeah, practice going brakeless first, i practiced for like a couple days, just using my brakes for emergencies, just jamming my foot, it was helpful

|

1/18/2011 5:40 PM

S1CKLY SK1LLED wrote:

Dan_Richardson wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

LOL

|

Silence is golden ductape is silver

Achin 4 Bacon wrote: thats cause aussie cops dont use guns..they use boomarangs.

learn to do shit before you talk shit

1/18/2011 5:40 PM

BLRBMX wrote:

S1CKLY SK1LLED wrote:

she doesn't see the ups guy drop off a big ass box in front of your door? lol

lol no, like if i trade with a friend or something she doesn't even notice

|

vital's redneck

1/18/2011 5:42 PM

tell ur mom that brakes only slow you down they dont prevent you from crashing

|

dk.demolition.diaster.

1/18/2011 6:01 PM

i don't know why everyone makes such a big deal about going brakeless. i dont mean to sound like a dick but dont be such a pussy and be like im takin my brakes off, its my bike il do what i want with it. and people saying the "practiced" riding brakeless, why, its not a hard thing to do. i bought my first ever bmx with out brakes and it wasnt any different riding any other bike exept using my foot in the tire or stomping my feet. take them off and if you dont like it put em back on. not a big deal or decision

|

1/18/2011 6:04 PM

I jst took mine off, myom rode my bike and she said it was really low and then she said how do I stop?!? Where are your brakes? I said I took them off, she then said, you can't ride your bike until you pit your brakes
back on, I'm like ok, next day i asked to go out she said ok, never put
my brakes on, lol, when I use my brakes I always end up skidding cuz I always have them
dialed, lol I take 'em off cuz they are too dialed and wear my tire quick! XD

|

you can call me Paulo...
Flickr
*Vital's official Filipino!*

1/18/2011 6:05 PM

My dad got mad one day because I took them off. So I put them back on and said "Dad, watch how long it takes me to stop (pedaling in my driveway and pulled the brake)" Then I said "Now watch how fast I can stop brakeless (Putting my feet down)" Then he said "Whatever you want to do, but keep them."

|

My nigga Ressler, stay up!
My nigga Babysatan, stay up!
My nigga Copiolet, stay up!
My nigga DakAttack, stay up!
My nigga NCDave, stay up!
My nigga Enzo, stay up!

And I ride for my niggas

1/18/2011 6:06 PM

@customsunday, I just noticed, why does everyone have to announce when they take their brakes off? Lol

|

you can call me Paulo...
Flickr

1/18/2011 6:11 PM

took mine off a year ago... my dad noticed like 6 months ago and said... Asian Dad:"your bike doesnt have brakes"
Me:"... Yup..." Asian Dad: "...................................................."

|

Waaaaa!!! Soo rucky!!!!

Repping the ratchet

Ninjas are born from strict asian parents because we have to do things sneaky - Kingshawty12

"fuckin dumb. damn stupid ass fuckin" - plasticisnotanoption

1/18/2011 6:13 PM

Lmao!!! Shii a lot of Asians here now! I used to e the only one! So I named myself vitals official Filipino xD

|

you can call me Paulo...
Flickr

1/18/2011 6:15 PM

kingshawty12 wrote:

Lmao!!! Shii a lot of Asians here now! I used to e the only one! So I named myself vitals official Filipino xD

nice!!!! can i jack your sig?

|

Waaaaa!!! Soo rucky!!!!

Repping the ratchet

Ninjas are born from strict asian parents because we have to do things sneaky - Kingshawty12

"fuckin dumb. damn stupid ass fuckin" - plasticisnotanoption

1/18/2011 6:18 PM

show your mom your shoes and tell her that those are your brakes lol

|

ho ho holy shit!!!!!!!!!!!!

1/18/2011 7:09 PM

kingshawty12 wrote:

BlessedReport wrote:

The ninja one xP do I still get to use it still though?

|

you can call me Paulo...
Flickr

1/18/2011 7:13 PM

kingshawty12 wrote:

BlessedReport wrote:

kingshawty12 wrote:

The ninja one xP do I still get to use it still though?

me toooooo!

|

1/18/2011 7:15 PM

Eh I really like being the only one with that sig sad

|

you can call me Paulo...
Flickr

1/18/2011 7:17 PM

I'm adopting an asian to make millions off him, is that rascist?

|

Check my Youtube Channel and Subscribe if you like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC62awwE63LVhyBqOgIyY3ZA
Follow me on Instagram @ scott_effting & toododgy