I want to start a BMX brand, does anyone know where i could get frames from

Related:
Create New Tag

12/1/2013 4:55 PM

I want to start a brand , but i dont know where to get Cromoly frames from.
Does anyone know any factories,
thanks smile

|

12/1/2013 4:56 PM

Do you know all the paperwork you would have to go through to start any business of any kind? Perhaps some of the members can enlighten you on what it takes to start a business. Hopefully someone with some actual experience.

|

12/1/2013 5:07 PM

S&m, standard bikes, fbm, solid.........there's a few companies that get get these other companies to make their frames for them

|

12/1/2013 5:08 PM

I know of all the paperwork and the costs, but do you know of any factories.

|

12/1/2013 5:09 PM

eskimojay wrote:

S&m, standard bikes, fbm, solid.........there's a few companies that get get these other companies to make their frames ...more

to you know what the companies are called that make the frames

|

12/1/2013 5:11 PM

I don't know the specifics for Australia, but I would look into business establishment laws.

Then start finding where you will get the money to pay for the frames (you will have to pay UP FRONT)

Then start designing, with good geometry etc

Figure out where to source decals/paint

Pricing

Distribution

Get your name out there

advertise

Advertise more

Set up a team

Film, Advertise

Film

Sell stuff

Promote it

But seriously, you have a LOT of work ahead of you. To get a decent run of frames, you will need a few thousand dollars MINIMUM to invest in some. Figure 200-400 EACH FRAME made.

Start looking into it. Figure out how you can be different than all the other companies to make people want to buy from you.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/1/2013 5:15 PM

A factory i looked at was 300 minimum for their stock shit, import costs and getting them shipped is a bitch not to mention language barrier.

Also we need to get rid of catalogue companies not add to them.

|

12/1/2013 5:21 PM

bellmanbmx wrote:

I know of all the paperwork and the costs, but do you know of any factories.

I have a hard time believing you have looked into all the details when you cannot spell CHROMOLY correctly.

Seriously, they are called MANUFACTURERS. We won't have names for overseas companies specifically (the Asian countries) like Japan or Thailand.

You could try FBM or Solid or Standard if you want American Made.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/1/2013 5:34 PM

bellend bmx

|

12/1/2013 6:15 PM

S&m , standard, fbm , solid are frame manufacturers ......your going to need some coin if you are serious about starting a company......and it's not going to be a huge money maker.......watch the fbm I love my bicycle documentary they deffinatly don't run fbm for money

|

12/1/2013 6:34 PM

I don't see why anyone would buy re-branded parts.. Kinda pointless i mean i'd rather just buy the part from that company myself. I'm starting a company i'm naming it YOLO and i'm going to get solid to make all the parts like hopefully swag bars that have a 13" rise and a 69" width and my scooter frames they are a secret.. More info in a million years.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

12/1/2013 6:38 PM

eskimojay wrote:

S&m , standard, fbm , solid are frame manufacturers ......your going to need some coin if you are serious about starting a ...more

Or read Mat Hoffman's book.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/1/2013 6:45 PM

I have read Mat Hoffmans book it is great

|

12/1/2013 7:07 PM

Crazy as it sounds, you could learn how to make the frames yourself.

|

12/1/2013 7:13 PM

I have another crazy idea, read this. Perhaps you can contact these brands and tell them what you're into and maybe they'll guide you in the right direction.

http://cyclingtips.com.au/2012/11/australian-custom-bicycle-show/

|

12/1/2013 7:24 PM

if i were you id start with like shirts or smaller parts. that way its not as expensive to start and then you can use the profits from the tees to do frames.. if you make enough profits to start doing frames then youre gonna do a lot better than starting with frames and hoping people want a frame from a company they have never heard of.

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

12/1/2013 7:28 PM

if you ever get serious about this, hit me up at steven.m.oliverio@gmail.com if you need some CAD work done up.

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

12/1/2013 10:35 PM

If you're talking about trying to get frames made overseas, it's a bit more complicated. You'd need to find an agent in Asia (and/or go yourself to get things rolling) and also have to deal with meeting minimum orders.

If you're starting small, American made is probably the way to go (S&M, FBM, Solid, etc).

|

12/1/2013 10:53 PM

I did see a titanium frame manufacturer on google I think from Taiwan that specializes in titanium frames for everything from mtb to bmx but I think they're minimum orders where something like 5000 frames

|

12/2/2013 4:37 AM

The fact that you have to ask a question like this is reason enough for you to not start a company

|

My Old* Steed

Click here and follow me :D
Twitterrr

12/2/2013 6:40 AM

everybody wants to start their own bu'ness, you can start by gently massaging your prostate and telling Jim Cielencki you're gonna make better frames than Sunday

|