IDeal Helmet?

Related:
Create New Tag

12/12/2011 12:45 PM

Hey all,

I am an Industrial Design student at the Rochester Institute of Technology and am currently working on designing a BMX helmet for a project. My goal is to design the best helmet possible in terms of styling and protection (specifically concussion protection or low impact hits). I ride mostly road so BMX is a little foreign to me, so I would appreciate any suggestions or ideas that you have. If you have problems with current helmets, if there is something that you want that isn't addressed in current helmets, if there is a style or look you would like to see I want to know. Any help at all would be much appreciated.

Thanks for the help

|

12/12/2011 12:49 PM

|

parkrat.

12/12/2011 12:50 PM

kitty helmet would sell so much with bmxers.

|

12/12/2011 12:53 PM

Obama wrote:

well i like my panda helmet.

|

parkrat.

12/12/2011 1:00 PM

Obama wrote:

Rstar wrote:

well i like my panda helmet.

YOU HAVE THE PANDA BEAR ONE?!? all i got was a stupid koala bear!

|

I have nothing against pegs at all, I don’t think you’re dumb if you ride pegs, I don’t care about your pegs, they are just pegs! What I do hate is the fact that every person in BMX hops on this bandwagon of three pegs, and beanies, and weed, and hop-over grinds… It’s just sad that the pros who influence kids are more worried about looking cool than the kids themselves! It’s crazy!-Trey Jones

12/12/2011 1:03 PM

naaa i was going to but it didnt go up to my size :'( so i just got a pain white one

|

parkrat.

12/12/2011 2:21 PM

Hey man, great idea! One of my main problems with helmets is the bulkiness. They are way too big. I think you could fit the protection into a small package. Also, dont use that hard foam. Use the stuff they use in 1080 hellmets. It is awesome. Thanks for helping out bmxers!

|

12/12/2011 3:07 PM

Do you know my friend Jeremy Warner? He's a freshman there.... Just wondering.

|

[LINK TO IMAGE] 
Just for the record, when I got my BTM... It wasn't "Trendy"

12/12/2011 4:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/12/2011 4:31 PM

in terms of aesthetics etc
pretty much everyone likes the shape and look of protec helmets
i've also heard that the foam of the triple 8 brainsaver helmet is very good cause it soaks up sweat or something

Pro-Tec[LINK TO IMAGE]

Triple 8 Brainsaver Helmet[LINK TO IMAGE]

TSG also makes BMX specific helmets
you might wanna check them out

|

12/12/2011 5:12 PM

i like the look of helmets that sit deep on your head

|

12/12/2011 8:24 PM

traviswooten727 wrote:

Do you know my friend Jeremy Warner? He's a freshman there.... Just wondering.

No, sorry man. I am a junior there. For some reason the freshman are located in a different part of the building and we don't interact.

|

12/12/2011 9:03 PM

LOveeeee my Bucky lasek

|

Swoop it motherfuckas

12/12/2011 9:09 PM

Austin_Read wrote:

LOveeeee my Bucky lasek

same.

|

12/12/2011 9:13 PM

i ride poc helmets and the problem for me is the weight of the helmet

|

refs- abod, dave805, spikez5, blizzbikes, element4all, harof2, funkychicken, zznelsonzz, hardbmx_tim, agcrx

12/12/2011 9:40 PM

|

refs- Tommyboy,mandingo215, lobo173, prophet,iridebmxeveryday,ctbmx86,1of1547,Warchol2,white knight,branBMX94,JakeSalbert

Subscribe to me on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/user/senika5634?feature=mhee

12/12/2011 9:46 PM

i do know of a padding thats soft almost like foam but when it hits a hard surface it stiffens up and almost hard like a normal helmet i think they use this for snow boarding i dont know what its called tho but might be a good idea for a helmet thats slim but still protective try looking it up on Google

|

12/12/2011 10:22 PM

gsportisawesome420 wrote:

i do know of a padding thats soft almost like foam but when it hits a hard surface it stiffens up and almost hard like a normal helmet i think they use this for snow boarding i dont know what its called tho but might be a good idea for a helmet thats slim but still protective try looking it up on Google

poron xd? that sounds like the stuff in my gform pads and thats what its called on them

|

12/12/2011 10:50 PM

gsportisawesome420 wrote:

chazdout wrote:

poron xd? that sounds like the stuff in my gform pads and thats what its called on them

like almost fells like soft padding but once it hit with something it stiffens up but dude if this guy can make a helmet like this i would so buy it ahha

|

12/13/2011 3:37 AM

they have them in my lbs :L but you can also get them here

|

parkrat.

12/13/2011 11:19 AM

Austin_Read wrote:

LOveeeee my Bucky lasek

this.

|

titties and beer > everything

12/13/2011 3:44 PM

premiumallday wrote:

You're a moron.

|

12/13/2011 5:43 PM

premiumallday wrote:

WildBycyclist666 wrote:

You're a moron.

your a fagget

|

12/13/2011 5:50 PM

make on with sharks with freakin lazer beams attached to their freakin heads :D haha

|

Honey badger don't give a shit
Bobby Getz is my secret lover from Dayton Ohio