IT'S HERE! AND I LOVE IT!

Related:
Create New Tag

1/6/2014 7:40 AM

My bike finally arrived and my dad helped me put it together it took around 30 mins or so i posted a picture of it on here and also on instagram (@TandosAwesome) i also had a chance to take it out for a ride before it started raining and it feels so nice and smooth to ride tongue really can wait to start doing tricks and stunts.

I also wanted to say thanks to all those people who gave me tips and advice such a great community on this website smile

|

instagram: @TandosAwesome | Bike Check: N/A | Xbox gamertag: OS2 Tando

1/6/2014 8:04 AM

Post pics m8!!!

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

1/6/2014 8:07 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Post pics m8!!!

I really like this bike smile

Photo

|

1/6/2014 8:12 AM

Went and look at it, looks pretty sweet man! Your brake cable is ran the wrong way it should run in front of your bars and around the right side of the Top tube.( when the lever is on the left, in the US our brakes are on the right [Most cases] and its opposite.)

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

1/6/2014 8:13 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/6/2014 8:13 AM

Oh wait. Maybe you already made a bike check.

|

1/6/2014 8:14 AM

Brokenbmx wrote:

Went and look at it, looks pretty sweet man! Your brake cable is ran the wrong way it should run in front of your bars and around the right side of the Top tube.( when the lever is on the left, in the US our brakes are on the right [Most cases] and its opposite.)

I need to change the side of the brakes anyways tongue since i'm right handed, but thanks for letting me know smile

|

1/6/2014 8:15 AM

Fondue wrote:

Oh wait. Maybe you already made a bike check.

It's all stock parts though, but i'll do one anyways smile

|

1/6/2014 8:17 AM

Brokenbmx wrote:

_TandoM_ wrote:

I need to change the side of the brakes anyways tongue since i'm right handed, but thanks for letting me know smile

No problem man! Enjoy your bike and shred!

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

1/6/2014 8:18 AM

Great looking bike! I checked out the specs when you posted your other thread, and it seems great for someone wanting to get into riding.
A little advice, keep that trans frame dry. Trans isn't a proper paint in it has no primer, so it will let in moisture as well as flaking off more than paint.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

1/6/2014 8:23 AM

Chuck8273 wrote:

Great looking bike! I checked out the specs when you posted your other thread, and it seems great for someone wanting to get into riding.
A little advice, keep that trans frame dry. Trans isn't a proper paint in it has no primer, so it will let in moisture as well as flaking off more than paint.

Oh wow, didn't know that about trans paint tongue thank you so much for letting me know about this i'll make sure it's dry everytime :D i really like the colour so i don't want it chipping smile

|

1/6/2014 8:32 AM

Super cool looking bike! Enjoy it!

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

1/6/2014 8:47 AM

It looks good. I know loads of people who had the original Clips, and I remember they were pretty terrible; the only decent feature was the Integrated headset. However on this everything looks fine except it has a standard headset!

I don't want the first bit of this comment to worry you, so I'll mention this; Pretty much everything on this bike looks different to the original ones. The original ones came with a Plastic Seat, Kenda Kontact Tyres, Super thin tubing throughout, and no gussets.

|

1/6/2014 9:11 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

It looks good. I know loads of people who had the original Clips, and I remember they were pretty terrible; the only decent feature was the Integrated headset. However on this everything looks fine except it has a standard headset!

I don't want the first bit of this comment to worry you, so I'll mention this; Pretty much everything on this bike looks different to the original ones. The original ones came with a Plastic Seat, Kenda Kontact Tyres, Super thin tubing throughout, and no gussets.

This bike feels really nice, but i'm still going to be changing a lot of parts, but not just yet for now i'm just going to be getting used to riding a BMX before getting into all this technical stuff smile

|

1/6/2014 9:19 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/6/2014 9:23 AM

It will take a good while to get some of the basics down, and this bike will see you through all of that.

Word of warning tho, do not over tighten anything on this bike, threads will get stripped and bearing crushed.

Good luck with it all and remember to have fun, some of the tricks can get pretty frustrating to get down, also learn how to bail when shit goes bad it will save you a lot of pain.

Here's some basics to start working on that will give you a good bit of bike control...

Bhop
Manuals
Rockwalks
Fakies
Nose bonks
180s
Small drops & gaps

Good luck.

Also if you can get hold of a copy of rideuk, they have a magazine this month dedicated to new riders and learning the basics, everything you need to know in there to get started.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

1/6/2014 9:23 AM

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

It will take a good while to get some of the basics down, and this bike will see you through all of that.

Word of warning tho, do not over tighten anything on this bike, threads will get stripped and bearing crushed.

Good luck with it all and remember to have fun, some of the tricks can get pretty frustrating to get down, also learn how to bail when shit goes bad it will save you a lot of pain.

Here's some basics to start working on that will give you a good bit of bike control...

Bhop
Manuals
Rockwalks
Fakies
Nose bonks
180s
Small drops & gaps

Good luck.

Also if you can get hold of a copy of rideuk, they have a magazine this month dedicated to new riders and learning the basics, everything you need to know in there to get started.

Thank you so much for the tips! and i'll write this list down somewhere for sure smile

|

1/6/2014 12:07 PM

Looks really good, id keep that color scheme.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

1/6/2014 12:35 PM

Looks nice, and it only gets better from here... As you slowly break stuff and upgrade your parts, you'll feel the difference/increased performance. It's awesome.

|

1/6/2014 12:57 PM

T-rider wrote:

Looks really good, id keep that color scheme.

i'll keep the red for sure, not so sure about the blue tongue

|

1/6/2014 12:58 PM

zachkrejmas wrote:

Looks nice, and it only gets better from here... As you slowly break stuff and upgrade your parts, you'll feel the difference/increased performance. It's awesome.

Yeah :D can't wait until i get to that point tongue

|

1/6/2014 1:28 PM

Do you like the seat that high? (you're contending with chuck here)

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

1/6/2014 2:11 PM

K_A_N_E_ wrote:

Is that high? I think it's low and that's not even half way smile

|

1/6/2014 3:13 PM

K_A_N_E_ wrote:

_TandoM_ wrote:

Nah, its not THAT high....

Photo

|

1/6/2014 4:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/6/2014 4:55 PM

K_A_N_E_ wrote:

_TandoM_ wrote:

Underground wrote:

Nah, its not THAT high....

Photo

LMAO! great colour scheme though smile :')

|

1/6/2014 5:44 PM

it honestly doesn't look that bad. it looks kinda old school

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

1/7/2014 8:49 AM

K_A_N_E_ wrote:

That's pretty much exactly how high I run my seat.

|