IT'S SO WEIRD!

Related:
Create New Tag

11/18/2016 4:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/18/2016 4:21 PM

So I was comparing these two bikes - flybikes proton 2016 vs cult dak roche signature cultifornia bike 2015. The proton had better specs like it says 4130 in their frames, forks and bars but in the dak signature bike, it just says 100% cromo which I cannot assume it is 4130. Also, the front rim had double wall rims in the proton's bike but single wall rim in the dak signature bike. But here comes the weird part, the dak signature bike is almost 200 dollars more expensive! Another thing, I know these days bmx riders want their rear end to be shorter, but the cult bike is even 0.45 longer! (I know it is personal preferance but still) Is it because the parts of cult is just way better? (Because I always here people saying never get the flybikes completes because ir snaps and it is weak etc.) Is it because the cult is the better brand generally? (I always hear people saying cult is a solid brand) Being the cult bike a 2015 season and the proton a 2016 season, the prices are now almost desame. I like the design better in the cult but I can't understand it is the same price as a better spec 2016 version bike. If anyone has any ideas or experiences that feels the price make sense to them, or wants to share if any of these two bikes are good or bad and want to tell me which one I should get, then please comment why. Please don't ask me why I'm choosing from these two bikes because I almost decided to get the cult, but I'm just sharing about the weird part and rethinking myself. Thanks.

|

11/18/2016 4:54 PM

Damn, you're overthinking. If I could get the Fly for almost $200 less, I wld do it in a heartbeat. They are both fully chromoly- forget about how one says 4130 and one doesn't.

The small parts on the Cult are not $200 better IMHO so unless you love the look of the Cult that much is take the stellar deal. If you love the Cult, you may keep it longer and thus it's worth it. smile

|

Frmrly BmxBos
Ref: Robinson79, aaron.samuel.green

11/18/2016 8:58 PM

Charliekeet wrote:

Damn, you're overthinking. If I could get the Fly for almost $200 less, I wld do it in a heartbeat. They are both fully ...more

Thanks for your reply man. I mentioned in my post that the cult and the fly are now almost the same price and infact the cult a little more cheaper. I was referring to the price point when it first came out.

|

11/18/2016 9:18 PM

I'd get the flybikes proton, but that's just me

|

11/18/2016 10:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/19/2016 5:47 PM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

I'd get the flybikes proton, but that's just me

Thanks for your reply man.

|