Ideal wheel

Related:
Create New Tag

12/24/2013 2:51 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/24/2013 2:54 PM

What would you want in hubs and rims? For hubs I would like 14mm female axle bolts, nice range of colors, and low maintenance. Simple. For rims, I want sleek, simple design, but the ability to run brake; and finally a wide selection of colors. Simplicity and durability is key. Discuss.

P.s., this is a what you like thread, so don't say, "so and so part exists" I know it exists, I have internet and a brain.

|

12/24/2013 3:06 PM

I've got mine on my bike
Profile 14 mm ss hub set with a titanium 9 tooth driver
G sport ribcage 48 hole in the rear in chrome
Alienation delinquent in the front

Starting to build a new bike
Can't decide yet on demolition rotator or ezra coaster in chrome
Don't care on the front hub as long as its chrome maybe demolition if I go with a rotator
Probably go with demoltion or revenge industries rims in chrome

|

12/24/2013 3:08 PM

Bone Deth 48s.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

12/24/2013 3:17 PM

Hubs: strong simplr design, clean looking, 48h black, 14mm.

Rims: simple design, double walled, 48h can use breaks

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

12/24/2013 3:47 PM

hubs: integrated 4140 guards, straight pull flanges, 48 in rear
rims: gsport, 48 in rear

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

12/24/2013 3:54 PM

The bonedeth 48s

No flex
Stay true forever
Strong as fuuuck
Made by Bonedeth

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

12/24/2013 4:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/24/2013 4:06 PM

7075 T-6 Alloy Straight Pull Shell - 36h & 48h Options
17mm Chromoly Inner Axle
3/8ths x 24tpi Hex Head Bolts or Those Weird Flat Round Pegless one's with an 8mm Allen Key Broach
Chromoly Press Fit Collars Stock
Heat Treated 4140 Chromoly Front Hub Guards - NONE of this Half Guard Crap either!!!
Polished, Anodized Black, Red & Copper

17mm Chromoly Inner Axle
M.14 x 1.25 Hex Head Bolts Stock or Those Weird Flat Round Pegless ones with an 8mm Allen Key Broach
4 / Possibly Even 6 Pawl Individually Sprung Driver - 8t with a Bushing. 9/10/11t with Needle Bearings
Heat Treated 4140 Chromoly None & Drive Side Guards

|

12/24/2013 4:02 PM

Topsey wrote:

17mm Chromoly Inner Axle
3/8ths x 24tpi Hex Head Bolts or Those Weird Flat Round Pegless one's with an 8mm Allen Key Broach
Heat Treated 4140 Chromoly Front Hub Guards - NONE of this Half Guard Crap either!!!

17mm Chromoly Inner Axle
M.14 x 1.25 Hex Head Bolts Stock or Those Weird Flat Round Pegless ones with an 8mm Allen Key Broach
4 / Possibly Even 6 Pawl Individually Sprung Driver - 8t with a Bushing. 9/10/11t with Needle Bearings

wouldnt you want straight pull flanges topsey?

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

12/24/2013 4:05 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

Editing!

|

12/24/2013 4:07 PM

Topsey wrote:

17mm Chromoly Inner Axle

17mm Chromoly Inner Axle

bmxsteve99 wrote:

Topsey wrote:

Editing!

haha i had a feeling
imagine a 48 spoked ratchet with straight pull flanges laced to a ribcage
jesus christ that would be indestructable lol

|

12/24/2013 4:12 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/24/2013 4:18 PM

It would HAVE to have a 4+ Pawl Driver though PROPERLY Fed Up with My Ratchets crappy Engagement!!! I swear My EZRA Coaster has quicker engagement than the Ratchet when I set it up with Medium Slack!!!

|

12/24/2013 4:14 PM

Topsey wrote:

It would HAVE to have a 4+ Pawl Driver though PROPERLY Fed Up with My Ratchets crappy Engagement!!! I swear My EZRA Coaster has quicker engagement than the Ratchet when I set it up with Medium Slack!!!

How you liking the ezra coaster ....I'm stumped between that and the rotator .....wheels will be the last thing I build before spring that'd be sick if the profile coaster was out by then but I doubt that

|

12/24/2013 4:25 PM

From what I gathered from Matt & Tyler it could be out in March/April!

The EZRA Hub is LEGIT! A BAJILLION x better than ANY KHE Crapheap Freecoaster... I've ridden God Knows how many KHE Parts In 2 Hub shells & I'll never run a KHE Hub again!!! The EZRA Hub & any other based on it will be my go to when it comes to Freecoasters in the future!

|

12/24/2013 4:40 PM

All this coaster stuff. I am not getting it. Stickin with cassette. You dig Ponyboy?

|

12/24/2013 4:42 PM

Front:
-14mm female chromoly center axle, THREADED, with 6mm allen broach inside
-3/8" chromoly bolts with 6mm allen broach & 17mm wrench flats
-chromoly hardware with wrench flats
-chromoly thread on hub guards available, with a diameter of at least 4mm over the hub's flange, and wrench flats
-6902 bearings x2
-6061 aluminum shell to keep costs down
-low flanges, 36h
-slim design, area where bearings sit under the flange would curve from the flange to the edge of where the bearing would sit under the hub shell, then be slimmer in the center of the hub. kinda like this -0===0- if that makes sense
-slightly recessed spoke holes on the outside
-comes in WHITE too

Rear:
-14mm chromoly MALE axle, 15mm area where the hardware threads on though. 5mm diameter hollow throughout the axle, with 6mm broaches on each end
-chromoly nuts & hardware on both sides
-chromoly thread on hub guard available with wrench flats, at least 2-3mm higher than the flange
-6902 bearings in the hub x4
-6802 bearing behind the driver, with needle bearing for the rest
-chromoly 9t driver (10t would be available for people who want them)
-6 individually sprung pawls for great engagement & reliability (reversible driver, not hub)
-6061 aluminum shell again (use hub guards and you won't damage it)
-higher flanges, 36h
-rounded look again for a slimmer design, round over where the bearings sit over to the drive side bearings/driver area, again looking something like this -0==0- only with a fatter rounded area where the driver is since it needs more room there obviously
-again comes in WHITE among other colors
-basically a revamped Primo Mix cassette

Rims:
-7075 aluminum
-36h
-wave-like design, would look similar to a lowercase w but obviously not sharp like a w, similar to this whale's tail, only with the center area slanted inward & the middle V part pointing out, if that makes sense. I think it would look cool & help with cross lacing
-double walled
-welded seam
-cross laced
-medium height walls

|

12/24/2013 4:48 PM

Looks like 48h is going to be the new trend haha

Perfect hubs would be some g-sport style hubs with titanium internal axles chromoly 4 guards for collars the dsg would have a anti rotation piece built in a 4 pawl engagement system 48h of course

Some shadow triple butted spokes
G-sport nipples
And special rims like rhyno lite XLs with the steel nipple support only 36mm wide like ribcage rims and low profile side walls so tires aren't a pain

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

12/24/2013 4:49 PM

Rims: 6069-T6, 33mm wide, concave center section. Of course 22".

Hubs: what Topsey said, plus SDS.

|

12/24/2013 4:56 PM

Topsey wrote:

From what I gathered from Matt & Tyler it could be out in March/April!

The EZRA Hub is LEGIT! A BAJILLION x better than ANY KHE Crapheap Freecoaster... I've ridden God Knows how many KHE Parts In 2 Hub shells & I'll never run a KHE Hub again!!! The EZRA Hub & any other based on it will be my go to when it comes to Freecoasters in the future!

That'd be sick if it was out then I'd go for that...... Is the demolition a khe clone? What's the difference between the Ezra system and the 3 washer demolition set up?

|

12/24/2013 5:00 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

All this coaster stuff. I am not getting it. Stickin with cassette. You dig Ponyboy?

You can do that while ill have my kickass profile cassette on one bike and coaster on the other......gotta add them tricks to the bag

|

12/24/2013 5:31 PM

Topsey wrote:

i own a khe, and i abuse the shit out of it
pedal pressure on everything, and never blown out a bearing set
maybe i have a good batch

|

12/24/2013 5:47 PM

The EZRA has a totally different set up.. It's a Cassette/Coaster, I'd like to act like I know it all, BUT.... I really don't! My EZRA is yet to see a grind, but for the flatland stuff it's SUPERB!!! A LOT lighter than the KHE Hubs too, which is a smaller plus. It disengages quickly & I really don't like A lot of slack in My coasters. I decided to go with Medium Slack in My EZRA as I haven't ridden Flat in sometime, well god knows what minimal slack would be like! It's just under 1/4 crank turn & it really does feel Quick to engage BUT I still feel very comfortable on it & would recommend them to everyone looking to get into the Coaster game! Some people have great luck with KHE Hubs, others (like Myself) wreck them piece by piece!

|

12/24/2013 6:08 PM

strong ones.

|

12/24/2013 6:27 PM

My buddy has a khe geisha coaster he hasn't maintained it once and it works great the slack thing will be different for me but I've been riding coming up on 14 years I'm used to having to adapt.......right now the ezra is sounding like the best option ill probably go with that unless profile releases theirs......might get some slack but I love profile time will tell though thanks for the info topsey

|

12/25/2013 12:39 AM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Bone Deth 48s.

this

or ribcage 48s to like a vandal rear or something idk

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

12/25/2013 12:44 AM

I want Birdcages 48h laced to Marmoset and Ratchet, strongest spokes on the market, all black

|

12/25/2013 1:23 AM

Skyway Plastic Wheels

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

12/25/2013 1:29 AM

one try kid wrote:

Skyway Plastic Wheels

#liekaboss

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

12/25/2013 5:49 AM

pinned post! Congrats! smile

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

12/25/2013 6:00 AM

How the hell did this get a sticky?

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

12/25/2013 10:34 AM

That had to be an accident.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.