Ideas

Related:
Create New Tag

3/15/2016 10:10 PM

OK well i got a idea and tell me which is better
well someone gave me a 2010 or 2008 eastern cobra but its top tube is 19.75 but its too small and i need a 20.5 or a 20.75 i don't know the specs of the other parts but is it easier to buy a new frame? or a whole new bike? Which i was told to get the mongoose mode 900 cause im a beginner.

|

3/15/2016 10:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/15/2016 10:26 PM

New bike = Best option

The Mongoose isn't terrible, but I think you can find better for the price. Try looking into KINK Bike Co. or Fit for good starter completes. Maybe Colony BMX as well.

Remember, look for bikes made of chromoly metal.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

3/15/2016 10:29 PM

readybmxer wrote:

New bike = Best option

The Mongoose isn't terrible, but I think you can find better for the price. Try looking into KINK Bike ...more

i tried looking into KINK and fit but there too expensive im looking for the best option for me thats under 300.

|

3/16/2016 11:39 AM

readybmxer wrote:

New bike = Best option

The Mongoose isn't terrible, but I think you can find better for the price. Try looking into KINK Bike ...more

The mode 900 specs:

Frame: premium chromoly frame
Fork: premium chromoly fork
Gearing (# of speeds): single speed
Brakes: rear aluminum U-brake and lever just like the pros
Wheels: 20" wheels
Tires: high pressure tires round out the maroon Mongoose kids bike features
Hub: 9T alloy cassette hub
Axle: oversized 14mm axle
Rims: double wall alloy rims for maximum durability
Handlebars: premium chromoly handlebars
Seat: ultra light seat and post combo
Pedals: standard pedals
Cranks: tubular chromoly 3-piece cranks

For the price of 200 bucks you are not going to beat it anywhere, unless you find a used setup on craigslist that someone wants to let go for nothing (hard to do sometimes). Most entry level bikes from Kink, Fit and Colony are hi tensile steel, and in some cases have unsealed bearings.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/16/2016 11:44 AM

readybmxer wrote:

New bike = Best option

dave lawrence wrote:

The mode 900 specs:

Frame: premium chromoly frame
Fork: premium chromoly fork
Gearing (# of speeds): single speed
Brakes: ...more

ok great! then i am going to buy the mongoose mode 900 that sounds like what im looking for
thanks for the help dave
also when i look up the mongoose mode 900 its says boys so does that mean its gonna be to small?

|

3/16/2016 12:25 PM

It being classed as boys just means it's not for girls. Most complete bmx's are classed from companies like mongoose are considered kids bikes. Chances are the toptube will be either 20.5 or 20.75 (sorry, can't be bothered to Google it)

|

3/16/2016 12:32 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

It being classed as boys just means it's not for girls. Most complete bmx's are classed from companies like mongoose are ...more

oh so the mongoose are for kids? lol im 5"7 so would a 20.5 or a 20.75 fit me

|

3/16/2016 12:33 PM

Not to be a dick but this is the 3rd thread you've started where people keep telling you to get the mode 900. Either keep one of the other threads going or just buy the damn bike. You're not going to find a better deal than that bike for under $250. You're not giving anyone here much to work with

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands

3/16/2016 12:36 PM

im sorry lol ill delete the other threads ur right

|

3/16/2016 12:43 PM

All good. I know how exciting buying new stuff is and wanting to be sure you're not wasting your money!

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands

3/16/2016 12:45 PM

yea exactly lol just wanted to make sure there were no other options
how do you delete threads lol

|

3/16/2016 1:19 PM

Well a bmx is a kids bike.... 20.75 will be fine, 20.5 might be a bit short but some people like short

|

3/16/2016 1:29 PM

Then why would i get a kids bike if it's gonna be to small

|

3/16/2016 1:42 PM

Macbmx wrote:

Then why would i get a kids bike if it's gonna be to small

BMX bikes of all sizes etc are basically beefed up kids bikes. If you are 5' 7" a 20.5 should be fine. I was riding one at 6 feet tall until around 2010/2011. Then a 21, now a 20.75.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/16/2016 1:46 PM

Oh alright thanks appreciate your help

|