Identify bikes Help from pros

Related:
Create New Tag

2/8/2017 2:06 PM

Hey sorry for the second thread how can identify this bike as a cult ? Seems legit as to he ha other name brand bikes Photo

|

2/8/2017 3:57 PM

This particular setup seems to be a vast array of components. People usually name their bikes according to the frame. That being said, the seller is likely saying this is a Cult frame with other parts.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

2/8/2017 5:12 PM

I would email them the serial number off the bottom of the tube your cranks go through (it is stamped into the metal). If it is a Cult, they will be able to tell you what model and year.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/8/2017 5:24 PM

readybmxer wrote:

This particular setup seems to be a vast array of components. People usually name their bikes according to the frame. That ...more

Cool cool would you say it's a decent setup bike for street and or occasional park use? He said it's a free coaster from the photo would you be able to help me identify what crank it is ? I don't hire understand I heard 3piece is the most wanted for I'm just starting bmx and hope this is a good bike I heard cult is a good brand but then again I'm new to this game thank you for time though really appreciate you lookin at my thread

|

2/8/2017 7:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/8/2017 7:02 PM

readybmxer wrote:

This particular setup seems to be a vast array of components. People usually name their bikes according to the frame. That ...more

danny_boosted wrote:

Cool cool would you say it's a decent setup bike for street and or occasional park use? He said it's a free coaster from the ...more

It looks OK but that depends how much you pay for it. I wouldn't pay more than $100 personally. Looks kind of old and well used, with a bunch of stock parts.

|

2/8/2017 9:59 PM

readybmxer wrote:

danny_boosted wrote:

Cool cool would you say it's a decent setup bike for street and or occasional park use? He said it's a free coaster from the ...more

ggallin422 wrote:

It looks OK but that depends how much you pay for it. I wouldn't pay more than $100 personally. Looks kind of old and well ...more

Ok thanks for the feedback what about this one your advice? Wwyd Photo

|

2/8/2017 10:04 PM

danny_boosted wrote:

This one looks more proper. What's the seller telling you about it? How much is he selling it for?

|

@scootereyn

2/8/2017 10:50 PM

ggallin422 wrote:

It looks OK but that depends how much you pay for it. I wouldn't pay more than $100 personally. Looks kind of old and well ...more

danny_boosted wrote:

readybmxer wrote:

This one looks more proper. What's the seller telling you about it? How much is he selling it for?

He says it's a redline 20inch tube length and that's it's light he selling for a 100 I brought him down to 65 $ I think it's a lot cleaner then the other one cult but I feel as if the other one (cult) has better components and durability he said it's a free coaster 21 inch top tube , I feel as if it could handle more abuse to learn the the nice lookin one ,please guide me in the right direction between these too I'm really leaning towards the black cult. Because of the free coaster and it's a 21 inch top tube and I the other one I think is super clean but is a 20inch top tube don't know if it's as that much of a quality and am to afraid that it's the same size as the first one I bought posted in my other thread the black small one so it's like I feel performance over looks or I might be wromg

|

2/8/2017 10:54 PM

Also the I plan to ride slammed seat so the redline seems the bars will be good distance when the seat is slammed while the cult if I slam the seat the bars will be too high I'm debating on my head back forth ,talk to me pros

|

2/8/2017 11:14 PM

The cult frame will have the logo on the toptube gusset, ask for a pic of it. It may even tell you what model on the bb shell. If it's an early cult, buy it, especially if there's nothing on the bb shell at all. Fbm and solid made a few batches of frames for cult. The fbm ones have the frame no. Inside the bb so there's nothing on the outside. Fbm collectors will pay up to $200 for the frame alone (because it's made by fbm, and therefore awesome).

The cult will be better than the redline regardless. As long as it is a cult (I'd want detailed pics of the frame and parts before parting any cash)

|

2/9/2017 9:06 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

The cult frame will have the logo on the toptube gusset, ask for a pic of it. It may even tell you what model on the bb shell. ...more

What do you mean by the bb shell as I am new to understanding bikes? And yeah it's what I thought the redline looks a lot cleaner but I feel as if the cult is a better bike

|

2/9/2017 9:07 AM

The seller looks legit he has another one but it's a haro there were his sons bike but yeah always better to be safe then sorry do you know what the cult logos will look like it's it literally just a sticker that says cult or it's right next to a serial number at the bottom ?

|

2/9/2017 9:35 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

The cult frame will have the logo on the toptube gusset, ask for a pic of it. It may even tell you what model on the bb shell. ...more

danny_boosted wrote:

What do you mean by the bb shell as I am new to understanding bikes? And yeah it's what I thought the redline looks a lot ...more

On the frame, under the cranks. If it's blank it's fbm built. Otherwise it should have a frame number which cult can help you i.d it with, or it will have what model it is

|

2/9/2017 10:12 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

danny_boosted wrote:

What do you mean by the bb shell as I am new to understanding bikes? And yeah it's what I thought the redline looks a lot ...more

grumpySteve wrote:

On the frame, under the cranks. If it's blank it's fbm built. Otherwise it should have a frame number which cult can help you ...more

Got it what about if it's dosent say cult and it's blank under I just have to risk that it's an fbm build? Since you said it would be in the inside

|

2/9/2017 10:13 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

danny_boosted wrote:

grumpySteve wrote:

On the frame, under the cranks. If it's blank it's fbm built. Otherwise it should have a frame number which cult can help you ...more

So overall you lean towards the cult even though the redline e looks better? It's better to have a better bike and clean it up paint it etc then to have a nice lookin bike but not of the same quality is what I'm thinking

|

2/9/2017 10:44 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/9/2017 10:49 AM

Get the redline. You don't want a coaster. Start with a cassette. They are way easier to learn all the basics with. Coasters are for experienced riders. It will make learning basic tricks more difficult. The redline looks like the better bike to me. That cult looks beat.
As for the bars. Don't worry about where they are when your sitting. Especially if your gonna slam it, because you will never sit anyway. I'd advise you not to slam it. At least try both ways first to see what you like better
Cult is probably a better company but in this case I would definitely go with the redline. The price is right too. Get it

|

2/9/2017 11:16 AM

danny_boosted wrote:

grumpySteve wrote:

danny_boosted wrote:

Got it what about if it's dosent say cult and it's blank under I just have to risk that it's an fbm build? Since you said it ...more

If it's fbm made it will still have the cult logo on the toptube gusset, and the seatstay bridge.

I agree with ggallin about the freecoaster, but to me it would all come down to what's on the cult (other parts), and price. You might be able to sell what you don't want (like the freecoaster) and buy a different wheel, or trade wheels with someone. If it's cheap enough you could even flip a quick profit. But to be fair, the cranks on the cult look cheap.
As a nub, you're probably better off with the redline, but the cult could be a much better bike....

|

2/9/2017 12:06 PM

Really appreciate your two cents guys , I see that everyone is leaning towards the redline because I'm just starting off in bmx and because the freecoaster on the cult is for more experienced riders but I think I'd rather have a harder time learning with a bike like that so once I get decent at it it's somewhat easier as I gain experience don't know if you guys catch my drift there lol here's the other side of the cult below . I guess it just comes down to the main question which one would you experienced riders say is the better bike? In terms of quality , abuse it could take etc . The cult I do understand it looks like a. Rainbow in the sense that it has different parts but I'd rather be able to have that as a base to start interchanging parts for example as grumpy_steve said to start off the redline is good but the cult could be a much better bike even though it looks like a cheap crank at least for the future I could be able to upgrade that in the future as we're the redline even though I could upgrade it would limited as to were it is a lower end bike so as experienced riders I ask I know there not the best bikes and you probably wouldn't get one but let's say it was one you guys were going to buy to learn new tricks etc besides looks because the cult I could clean up . What would you guys get ?(and that ka for the free back once again here's the other side of the cult ) I'm mostly Gnna be street riding and occasional park so out it as Ima hit hard Monday through Friday and weekends probably hit the the park at night . Which one could take the abuse lol once again putting looks aside

|

2/9/2017 12:07 PM

Photo

|

2/9/2017 12:13 PM

I guess my main concern is to get one bike and then be like dam I should've gotten the other one you feel? Or dam the other bike probably was of better quality . And in terms of the cult being beat I'd agree but also this guy has these bikes in the outside back so it could be dirty as hell but again you never know I'd pull the stickers off and repaint the frame bars etc etc but the redline looks so clean and just overall clean lol just which one will hold up ? As I rather have to clean a bike up then to fix broken parts and I know it's bmx parts will break I understand but I mean as a budget I rather clean up a bike then to fix broken parts so it's like a clean bike but can't handle abuse vs a dirty bike that is a higher quality and could take the abuse but then again could be cleaned up sorry for the paragraph just so many questions lol ps I know what ggallin said freecoaster for more experienced orders but I rather bust my a** a couple more times to learn then to have to upgrade the redline to a freecoaster after so it's like learn the hard way first so then later in it becomes easier vs learn the easier way to then get used to a higher end bike I know confusing sorry

|

2/9/2017 1:51 PM

ggallin422 wrote:

Get the redline. You don't want a coaster. Start with a cassette. They are way easier to learn all the basics with. Coasters ...more

Redline is hi tensile steel and looks like it had looseball bearings in the wheels (Avoid these-they tend to fail faster) and the Cult (if aftermarket) would be chromoly. Coasters 99% of the time are sealed unless it is a Nankai or super old (talking like the 80s). I would be more concerned with getting better parts too.

If the "cult" is aftermarket and in decent shape (no cracks or bends etc) it would be worth it up to a couple hundred.

Sure, 65 bucks is a good start, but a cassette can easily be bought OR traded for, and there is literally NOTHING that says you have to be "experienced" to ride a coaster. Little kids with coaster brakes have freecoasters with a brake mechanism. It is almost the exact same design, so ignore this statement.

ABSOLUTELY make sure you have something with brakes.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/9/2017 2:23 PM

ggallin422 wrote:

Get the redline. You don't want a coaster. Start with a cassette. They are way easier to learn all the basics with. Coasters ...more

dave lawrence wrote:

Redline is hi tensile steel and looks like it had looseball bearings in the wheels (Avoid these-they tend to fail faster) and ...more

Dope str8 forward so you lean towards the cult as it's more quality thus handling more abuse? Redline is 65 and I could get the cult for 90 he had it listed fir 165 but he wants to get rid of them already wwyd? Even though cult looks old and dirty wwyd? I have spare brakes so it's either ur wwyd in this case cult or redline thing is Ima see both tmmrw Ima go off what my eye and instinct tells me and we're you guys guide me because never having done bmx idk exactly what to be looking for so better bike redline or the cult?

|

2/9/2017 2:24 PM

Cult black redline is the grey

|

2/9/2017 5:19 PM

Bump

|

2/9/2017 11:08 PM

I'd want a poop ton more pics of the cult before I thought about buying it. See if you can get a close up pic of the individual parts, and the frame number.

The problem with freecoasters is you can't use pedal pressure to learn tricks. And pedal pressure helps a lot with a lot of tricks. Although you could use the brake to compensate I guess. If it's definitely an aftermarket cult, and the other parts are half decent, it would be a no brainer to me. It fully depends what parts are on it though

|

2/9/2017 11:31 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

I'd want a poop ton more pics of the cult before I thought about buying it. See if you can get a close up pic of the ...more

Alright thanks for info when I do get a close up of parts what should I be lookin for? What are common name brands or how I'll I be able to tell if it's aftermarket and also for the frame everyone says definitely if it's an aftermarket cult how do I tell apart a stock vs modified? Should I expect it to be a light bike ? Stiff smooth etc ? How do I tell if if it's aftermarket or not?

|

2/9/2017 11:32 PM

Also the redline is a 20 inch and the cult is 21 which I think it will fit better because I bought a 20 inch if you see in my other thread and I just feel like a giant in it

|

2/9/2017 11:33 PM

So let's say the cult in the pic not aftermarket and the redline is stock too ? What would be the best choice if both weren't after market

|

2/10/2017 12:39 PM

Sidney to rest I got the cult guys very very light frame im positive it's a real cult the letters cult are engraved onto the frame just gotta tighten the bike . Also I don't know if it's a joke or something but in the odyssey tire the bike has literally saw 100 psi this can't be true Riveron got ? That's way to much for a tire I think but yet again I'm new at bmx I think 40 psi sounds about right?

|

2/10/2017 2:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/10/2017 4:39 PM

danny_boosted wrote:

Sidney to rest I got the cult guys very very light frame im positive it's a real cult the letters cult are engraved onto the ...more

No, run around 60-65. Although mostly personal preference, anything below 45-ish is super risky for flats. Most ramp-oriented riders like to have higher PSI ratings. Once you get a better feel to your setup, you'll find what pressure works best for you.

|

@scootereyn