Identify this frame number 2 I guess lol

Related:
Create New Tag

5/10/2016 4:45 PM

I was just going to post this and saw some one is trying the same as me.

I get a lot of questions about this bike. From what I have seen it looks most like the Standard Shaman, except for where the top tube meets the seat tube. Same with the War Pig. It has FEDERAL painted on the frame, but it has been painted a few times. The serial number is CIC22H0223. It also has the letters FRAC stamped in the middle of the bottom bracket. I have posted a few photos to check out. It also has gyro tabs built into the head tube. Any info is appreciated.

I tried over at bmxmuseum but didn't find an answer.

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

5/10/2016 6:56 PM

Possibly a Diamondback or a Mongoose.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

5/10/2016 7:47 PM

I wanna say Steve Hamilton used to ride a federal frame that looked like that , there is a federal sticker on it to

|

5/10/2016 8:07 PM

it is a federal fraction frame it was a flatland frame

|

5/10/2016 8:11 PM

eskimojay wrote:

I wanna say Steve Hamilton used to ride a federal frame that looked like that , there is a federal sticker on it to

My first thought as well. Way back in the day my MySpace background was a photo of Hamilton doing a wallride and you could see that gusset perfectly in it, I'll never forget it haha.

Not to mention it says "Frac" on the BB shell. It's a Federal Fraction frame, which year I'm not sure. Could email the serial number to Federal and ask though.

|

5/10/2016 10:50 PM

Federal Fraction. The legendary Steven Hamilton frame. It was a flatland frame but he was a pretty small dude. Like a 19"tt. How does it ride? That's awesome.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

5/11/2016 4:47 AM

Thanks guys! It rides awesome, but definitely is short. Was hard to get used to. Fun

|