If I bought metal pedals..

Related:
Create New Tag

8/10/2014 11:13 PM

It would be :

Premium Slims - Worried about quality though

VP-69 Pedals - No reviews but seem decent , ti upgrade possible too

NC-17 Pedals - Redbull sponsored local rides them and he won 50 k at a contest last month

SNAFU Anorexic Pedals - Snafu seems kinda HarryMainish but whatever

Anyone that is slim really , don't want bricks like Odyssey Trailmixes , Fit Shitty pedals seem good , I mean really if they're good I'd buy them but slim and sealed is preferable. Actually really interested in riding metal now so I'm keeping an open mind. MTB pedals included too.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

8/10/2014 11:17 PM

Is this a question or a statement

|

13 years old

8/10/2014 11:17 PM

If you want a slim pedal, you're going to have to deal with weak spindles and weak bodies.

That said, Trailmixes will have the strongest spindle. The upcoming Dugan pedals will have the same spindle with a slimmer body. I ran unsealed Trailmixes for 3 years and never even bent the spindle. Now I'm running the sealed Trailmixes with no problem.

Mac pedals apparently have very, very weak spindles. I've heard countless people say they bent the spindles.

The pedals you listed will be pretty much equally weak. They all have small spindles that are easy to bend.

|

8/10/2014 11:18 PM

i just got some trailmixes and they are good so far
they arent bricks

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

8/10/2014 11:27 PM

Fucckkk like I know I want slims , because they look good but its just something I want . Maybe I'll wait and see about the Dugan pedals then. I don't bend spindles on plastic pedas , I'm 125 lbs , so maybe "weaker" ones are ok.

|

My Cult 2 Short

8/10/2014 11:35 PM

just get the anorexics, really good pedals and refusing to ride something because a park rider does is possibly the worst reason I've ever heard off

|

8/10/2014 11:44 PM

Fit macs

|

8/11/2014 4:14 AM

Ruben pedals are the best

|

It’s all bmx

8/11/2014 6:00 AM

Fly Rubens for Life!!
Do it, you will not be sorry!!

|

8/11/2014 8:09 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Fucckkk like I know I want slims , because they look good but its just something I want . Maybe I'll wait and see about the ...more

God what the fuck? You literally said you want something that is noticeably weaker because it looks good? That's the problem with BMX... What's next? "Nah I don't want a gusset because it doesn't look as good" or maybe "I know having more holes in my stem than metal is bad, but it looks better"

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

8/11/2014 8:33 AM

Remember Collin he's the guy who wanted and baught the uncertified Bucky helmet

|

8/11/2014 8:44 AM

...then you would have metal pedals.

Go for it?

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/11/2014 8:52 AM

eskimojay wrote:

#swaq

|

8/11/2014 8:55 AM

get these

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

8/11/2014 9:14 AM

pnj wrote:

get these

[LINK TO IMAGE]

best pedals ever. Do they come in plastic too?

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/11/2014 11:03 AM

Still not as cool as the tioga d spider pedals

|

8/11/2014 11:45 AM

pnj wrote:

get these

[LINK TO IMAGE]

Do they come in oil slick?

|

8/11/2014 11:56 AM

i'll have some black premium slims that i ran for about a year. i'd sell if you're interested

|

selling refs: see profile
Instagram
bike check

8/11/2014 12:28 PM

eskimojay wrote:

I had one, then I went and got a Lazer Armor Helmet. It's SUPER light, has a lot of vents, and I love it.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/11/2014 1:30 PM

I'd get demolition or Odyssey. Fuck slims. Mine lasted a week and I bent the spindle. I don't even ride that hard. And get a fucking certified helmet.

|

8/11/2014 2:27 PM

I have a bucky helmet (I think that's the one. it's some pro skaters helmet). not certified.

I have landed on my head many times with it over the last few years. The last time I hit the ground hard enough to rip two ligaments in my shoulder. I've also cracked a normal pro-tec and didn't get a concussion.

Those helmets are not as bad as some of you are led to believe.

I will be replacing my helmet soon though, cause it's about 4 years old and will probably get a certified one.

|

8/11/2014 2:50 PM

pnj wrote:

I have a bucky helmet (I think that's the one. it's some pro skaters helmet). not certified.

I have landed on my head many ...more

It may not be, but my friend has one and I can bend it with my hands pretty easily.

|

8/11/2014 4:00 PM

pnj wrote:

I have landed on my head many ...more

LAZER ARMOR FOR THE WIN.

But seriously, the Bucky is super flexible. Mine was in my car all closed up for a day in the summer with my pad/tool bag on it, and it reshaped to super narrow and long.

Also, it doesn't handle a lot. Sounds like your head took the brunt of those crashes. So yea, it helps, BUT a helmet is designed to minimize the impact your head takes.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/11/2014 7:27 PM

Don't be a pussy all your lifePhoto

|

It’s all bmx

8/11/2014 8:32 PM

Photo
|

8/11/2014 9:50 PM

Fuck weak shit . I 'd be interested in Macs or the Dugan pedals. It'd be for street/park so I'd rather have strength . If I rode flowy trails or bowls then I'd get a slimmer pair but now I'm also considering Eclat Surge alloy pedals. Even maybe the VP-69 pedals as well. They're not on Dans though.

|

My Cult 2 Short

8/11/2014 9:57 PM

Get the surge and see how the bushing set up it has on it works I think those are the ones

|

8/12/2014 4:06 PM

i got a certified helmet, doesnt help at all though, mainly because its too small so i dont wear it. Its an xxl or xl, so i cant really go bigger

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

8/12/2014 4:52 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Get the surge and see how the bushing set up it has on it works I think those are the ones

the surge pc's are my favorite pc pedals that I have ever ridden
i expect no less of the surge alloys, but the 110$ price is way too much
i'll stick with oddys, especially considering they are about 1/2 the price for sealeds

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

8/12/2014 5:02 PM

EddiMundo wrote:

i got a certified helmet, doesnt help at all though, mainly because its too small so i dont wear it. Its an xxl or xl, so i ...more

Check into Specialized. They have helmets for those who have large melons.

Mine is large and my lazer works well. Measure around your head and use that to decide what side you need.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura