If I run no bar ends is it risky?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/6/2019 4:07 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/6/2019 4:10 AM

I'm fed up with my bar ends.. they can just screw off.. I'll get back to them later. I'm just honestly deciding to run my bars with no bar ends. I tried to find a forum on this and instead I found a forum on handle bar injuries, also I remembered I had some injuries with my bars.. If I ran no bar ends on my bike would I soon have a bar end hole in my stomach??

|

Gone Fishing

5/6/2019 4:44 AM

Probably. Get nice metal ones that don't fall out and can be easily removed.

|

5/6/2019 4:51 AM

Koi Fish Enthusiast wrote:

I'm fed up with my bar ends.. they can just screw off.. I'll get back to them later. I'm just honestly deciding to run my bars with no bar ends. I tried to find a forum on this and instead I found a forum on handle bar injuries, also I remembered I had some injuries with my bars.. If I ran no bar ends on my bike would I soon have a bar end hole in my stomach??

Maybe? Depends on if and how you fall? I've never seen people get stabbed, but I have seen many a bar end slam into some ribs, and in one case, a neck. No bar ends on a few of those would've been a hospital stay at a minimum.

Get some decent ones. Matt Beringer makes nice ones. I have been running the same set of shadow bars ends for like 14 years.

|

I am sick and tired of the "cliques" that this sport has recently developed. We should embrace the fact that we all ride a little kids bike, and not worry about the small details. When you take riding in its most basic form, we are all the same.

5/6/2019 6:35 AM

The bar ends that come with odi’s have always lasted me many months! No reason not to run bar ends. Mainly they keep foreign debris from getting under your grips when you bail. I’d think without bar ends you’d end up with a lot of throttle grip issues.

|

5/6/2019 6:37 AM

Odyssey par ends

|

5/6/2019 6:41 AM

I run bar ends precisely because I landed on the end of a cut bar, stomach first, from 4 feet off the ground when I was 10. The bar sunk into my stomach about 1.5" and 24 years later I still have a big dent next to my belly button.

This is a silly question. Odyssey par ends and be done with it.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

5/6/2019 7:12 AM

Also not gonna sound good if you drop it and scrapes and you could get junk inside the bars so

|

5/6/2019 7:14 AM

Go look at pictures of what happened to Dennis McCoy and then buy some damn Par Ends.

|

5/6/2019 7:18 AM

When I was in like 5th grade a kid got stabbed in the leg with his bars at the trails. Bar ends save lives.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

5/6/2019 8:25 AM

Last year I got a really nasty bruise on my inner thigh from hitting my bar end there really hard, without bar ends I'd have a nice round hole next to my balls right now. Get them

|

5/6/2019 8:42 AM

Allow me to introduce you to the 3:47 mark of Adam Broderick's "Bangers cost Hospital Visits"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCQrQH6JrKU

|

5/6/2019 12:12 PM

I had a bar end hit straight in the stomach then skip up and jab me in the ribs years ago, hurt like hell and couldn’t move easily for a few days. Without bar ends who knows what would have happened. Not worth the risk.

|

5/6/2019 12:33 PM

Yep, rode a friends bike with no bar ends and went down while turning... Bars cut into my ribs.

The scar reminds me not to ride bikes without bar ends. lol

|

5/6/2019 1:12 PM

Don’t be stupid and get some fucking bar ends!
As earlier mentioned the ones that come with Odi Longneck is good!

|

5/6/2019 6:12 PM

Very risky, approximately 80% more chance of crashing.

|

Scooter rider trying to ride a BMX.
Instagram: @bmxereyn // YouTube: RH MEDIA

5/6/2019 6:15 PM

I got AID's and raped by an antelope every time I didn't have bar ends, 3/10 don't recommend.

|

5/6/2019 6:16 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I got AID's and raped by an antelope every time I didn't have bar ends, 3/10 don't recommend.

Ouch. Should grab some Mafia bar ends to keep everyone away from ya.

|

Scooter rider trying to ride a BMX.
Instagram: @bmxereyn // YouTube: RH MEDIA

5/6/2019 6:32 PM

MH wrote:

Don’t be stupid and get some fucking bar ends!
As earlier mentioned the ones that come with Odi Longneck is good!

I've broken those a few times; definitely wouldn't recommend. What I would recommend are the Odyssey Par-Ends as they're all but indestructible and they're cheap.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

5/7/2019 3:52 AM

The reason I made this post is because I can't find bar ends that will just fit my straight gauged bars. The tubes are
0.83" thick.

|

Gone Fishing

5/7/2019 4:55 AM

The reason I made this post is because I can't find bar ends that will just fit my straight gauged bars. The tubes are
0.83" thick.

They make metals ones that expand with an allen key to fit many sizes

|

5/7/2019 5:19 AM

0.83" thick.

Dad_Im_Pregnant wrote:

They make metals ones that expand with an allen key to fit many sizes

I have the kink lightest bar ends and they are v nice.

|

5/7/2019 5:34 AM

Animal bar ends.

|

5/7/2019 6:12 AM

0.83" thick.

Par-Ends are ~0.73" from factory. Even if the tubing ID is a little smaller than that, you can take the set screw out, squish the end in, hammer it in all the way and put the set screw back in.

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

5/7/2019 2:16 PM

dead goon wrote:

Animal bar ends.

Will they fit inside my bars?

|

Gone Fishing

5/7/2019 4:45 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

Par-Ends are ~0.73" from factory. Even if the tubing ID is a little smaller than that, you can take the set screw out, squish the end in, hammer it in all the way and put the set screw back in.

It’s like talking to a brick wall.

|

5/7/2019 5:11 PM

Spongeworthy wrote:

Apparently so...

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

- Hunter S. Thompson

5/7/2019 5:17 PM

0.83" thick.

p1p1092 wrote:

Spongeworthy wrote:

No I just want metal bar ends

|

Gone Fishing

5/7/2019 5:19 PM

Par-Ends are as good as any metal bar ends and half the price...

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

- Hunter S. Thompson

5/7/2019 5:23 PM

Spongeworthy wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

Par-Ends are as good as any metal bar ends and half the price...

I know, I acknowledged that

|

Gone Fishing

5/7/2019 5:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/7/2019 5:30 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

Spongeworthy wrote:

I thought the point of the thread was to get bar ends that don’t come out? p1p1092 even gave you the dimensions of a decent set, so you know they’ll fit. You know the animal ones are plastic too, right? Run whatever bar ends you want, or none for all I care, but asking for advice and then ignoring it seems to be trend around here.

|