If I run no bar ends is it risky?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/7/2019 5:37 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I got AID's and raped by an antelope every time I didn't have bar ends, 3/10 don't recommend.

I'd like to hear more about the 30% of your consciousness that does recommend

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

5/7/2019 6:17 PM

Spongeworthy wrote:

It’s like talking to a brick wall.

Koi Fish Enthusiast wrote:

No I just want metal bar ends

Spongeworthy wrote:

I thought the point of the thread was to get bar ends that don’t come out? p1p1092 even gave you the dimensions of a decent set, so you know they’ll fit. You know the animal ones are plastic too, right? Run whatever bar ends you want, or none for all I care, but asking for advice and then ignoring it seems to be trend around here.

I'm not ignoring at all. I'm first trying to see what I want to get and if it's possible for so, but I'm also not rejecting other ideas because I don't like them. I literally said that I acknowledged those different ideas. Also Animal does have metals.

|

Gone Fishing

5/7/2019 7:02 PM

I'm not ignoring at all. I'm first trying to see what I want to get and if it's possible for so, but I'm also not rejecting other ideas because I don't like them. I literally said that I acknowledged those different ideas. Also Animal does have metals.

What was the point of making thread if you knew you were getting metal bar ends. When nearly everyone is like get par ends or Odi ones you still want to get metal ones in the first place. Like it’s bar ends not picking between what frame or freecoaster you’re deciding to buy so it’s not a big deal

|

5/7/2019 9:47 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

I'd like to hear more about the 30% of your consciousness that does recommend

well the antelope pays child support after I got pregnant for the 3rd time so it's not all bad I suppose

|

5/7/2019 11:51 PM

|

5/8/2019 4:05 AM

I know, I acknowledged that

Where?

|

5/8/2019 4:07 AM

And where in your post did you say this?

|

5/9/2019 4:38 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/9/2019 4:39 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

Par-Ends are ~0.73" from factory. Even if the tubing ID is a little smaller than that, you can take the set screw out, squish the end in, hammer it in all the way and put the set screw back in.

Spongeworthy wrote:

It’s like talking to a brick wall.

Ive had many bad experiences with metal bar ends. Not only do they get super sharp if you dont file them down after a crash or bail but they scratch everything! If you keep your bike inside or transport it inside your vehicle you will scrape something up eventually.

I've got some pretty decent cuts from aluminum bar ends. One was the final straw when I cut my pelvis area and tore my pants off in front of children at a public park. Lol

Got par ends and havent looked back. The par ends also havent popped off during riding or a crash and they dont damage concrete and wood nearly as much.

|

5/9/2019 5:41 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

Ive had many bad experiences with metal bar ends. Not only do they get super sharp if you dont file them down after a crash or bail but they scratch everything! If you keep your bike inside or transport it inside your vehicle you will scrape something up eventually.

I've got some pretty decent cuts from aluminum bar ends. One was the final straw when I cut my pelvis area and tore my pants off in front of children at a public park. Lol

Got par ends and havent looked back. The par ends also havent popped off during riding or a crash and they dont damage concrete and wood nearly as much.

He has already acknowledged that obviously.

|

5/10/2019 5:23 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

I gotta be honest, I hear the "sharp bar ends" thing all the time. Mine are Shadow Alloy bar ends from like 2006, been through like 8 sets of bars, and they never got sharp, even when I rode nothing but street for like 8 hours a day.

Are you guys like sliding half a block when you crash or?

Mine still have some paint on em from the factory!

|

I am sick and tired of the "cliques" that this sport has recently developed. We should embrace the fact that we all ride a little kids bike, and not worry about the small details. When you take riding in its most basic form, we are all the same.

5/10/2019 6:49 AM

Christ. That is exactly what happened to me, but I was 10 and fat. The doctor actually said me having a gut helped prevent anything worse from happening.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

5/10/2019 7:19 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

I gotta be honest, I hear the "sharp bar ends" thing all the time. Mine are Shadow Alloy bar ends from like 2006, been through like 8 sets of bars, and they never got sharp, even when I rode nothing but street for like 8 hours a day.

Perhaps I just had some really bad luck. I have cut my forearms (not crazy deep) and I cut my pelvis and my pants off. That was enough for me to say "no more aluminum bar ends for me" lol

The added bonus of not scratching my metal painted front and back door at my house and interior of my cars was the cherry on top.

|

5/10/2019 9:47 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

Perhaps I just had some really bad luck. I have cut my forearms (not crazy deep) and I cut my pelvis and my pants off. That was enough for me to say "no more aluminum bar ends for me" lol

The added bonus of not scratching my metal painted front and back door at my house and interior of my cars was the cherry on top.

That's fair haha.

I don't blame you about the paint damage etc.

|

I am sick and tired of the "cliques" that this sport has recently developed. We should embrace the fact that we all ride a little kids bike, and not worry about the small details. When you take riding in its most basic form, we are all the same.

5/10/2019 1:30 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

Maybe they were better made back then? I tried the current shadows and within a few weeks they were jaggy and sharp. Now I just run par ends.

|