Related:
Create New Tag
funfrontbrake funfrontbrake
5/16/2017 2:43 PM

Who ride bmx and skateboard? Everyone look so surprised at the skatepark when I switch my bike for that rolling piece of wood. Im Québec city, many skater hate on bmxers but dony know how to feel when I show up.

grumpySteve grumpySteve
5/16/2017 2:56 PM

I used to skate and still get on well with all the older skaters that I used to skate with (skaters of any age really. Most of the local riders are dicks). I think the attitude changed with younger generations. When I was younger skaters and bmxers all got on. We all hated inliners and mtbers because they were all a bit too "x games"

weegaz22 weegaz22
5/16/2017 3:12 PM

I would have classed myself more of a Skater than a BMX'r when i was a kid, i was never off a board, I can still ollie as i had a go of one a couple of years ago, but i dare say i would be pretty sketchy around a park with half pipes and quarters, In the UK 95% of kids focus is around football (soccer to those of you across the pond), for me it was anything with wheels, Bikes, Skateboards, Rollerblades, Stunt scooters etc, Steve Caballero was one of the skaters i looked up to, your probably talking back in the 80's

TBH not much has changed, still couldnt give a fook about football and the attraction of things with wheels just grew into motorcycles and cars once i had a licence for them lol

dave lawrence dave lawrence
5/16/2017 4:21 PM

I skated for a couple years then moved to a farm with almost nowhere to skate so I started riding BMX more. Built some trails in my yard and a few boxes etc.

I still tinker once in a while.

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

pnj pnj
5/16/2017 6:37 PM

I just bought a complete board set up about a month ago. I skate more than bike if I'm alone. My job hours don't always line up with hanging with my friends. I've been off a board for a bunch of years and never really skated park so it's a fun new learning curve.

sXeBMXer sXeBMXer
5/16/2017 6:38 PM

When I was younger i was big....really big so i would snap skateboard decks. That got old. I was totally at home on a bike, so I just stuck to that. We didn't have parks. We had 2 big drainage culverts that we rode. It was about 15 boarders and 5 bikers in the usual group. No negativity since we were all friends. We only got hassled by the jocks who would go down there to drink or smoke pot...but they also were sort of scared of some of my friends with safety pins in their ears and noses, and our friend Rob who had fishing hooks in his arm. Rob was a crazy Neo-Nazi guy who did not feel pain...ever. you were lucky if you were on his good side. the jocks were not on his good side....

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

DanTheBikerMan DanTheBikerMan
5/16/2017 8:44 PM

I've always ridden skateboards, just never done any tricks. Although I can say I want to learn.

Pegless and coaster is ultimate zen

thairishguy thairishguy
5/16/2017 10:04 PM

I skated for over a decade before I picked up BMX. Picked up BMX because I actually realised that I can do shit on a bike (from trying friends bmx bikes at the skatepark) and that its fun. Im friends with some pro skaters and filmers, and that also helps me on my professional side (media). I havent stopped skating though, well at least in my mind I havent, but I havent been on a board much since I finished my build, and thanks to a fucked up knee.

I just enjoy jumping shit that has wheels and isnt attached. And preferably no engines.

And the skaters dont know how to feel ...its because they're trying to get out of their ignorant mindset that clashes with the "sk84life" attitude. Its just hating because ita different rather than any real explaination.

blaaaaaaaaa blaaaaaaaaa
5/16/2017 10:24 PM

Every bike rider is a failed skateboarder, but sometimes they can actually skate.

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

CHILDISHGAMBINO CHILDISHGAMBINO
5/17/2017 12:25 PM

I've skated since I was five. I'm 41. I can still ollie and ride mini ramps but pushing just kills my right ankle(worst ankle the radiologist had ever seen). I never understood BMXers and skaters hating on each other.

ggallin422 ggallin422
5/17/2017 1:56 PM

I skated for almost 20 years. It just got to be too much on my body. Too many broken bones and injuries. There a lot less falling, and impact in general on a bike. Skateboarding shaped my life, and made me who I am today. Wether that's good or bad I don't know. I started on a bmx, and over the years rode less and less, until I was only skating, every day, all day. A year ago I started riding bikes again, and fell in love. I don't think I'll ever go back to skateboarding at this point in my life, but I'll always love it.

Nelsdollaz Nelsdollaz
5/17/2017 2:11 PM

skated from like age 7-20 with some breaks inbetween. Then life got in the way and I stopped. Can still shred (borrowed someones board the other day), must be muscle memory. I'm surprised people are saying BMX has less injuries, I always thought of BMX as being more dangerous

one try kid one try kid
5/17/2017 5:06 PM

I skate and bmx.

Depends on which group of friends text first. lol

I usually just ride my mountain bike nowadays.

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

dave lawrence dave lawrence
5/17/2017 7:00 PM
Nelsdollaz wrote:

skated from like age 7-20 ...more

Less broken wrists and rolled ankles from what I have seen.

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

Francky Francky
5/17/2017 7:43 PM

I was a skater before a bmx rider, (a bad skater yeah), I kind of quit skating when I broke my board and didn't bought a new one because I started riding a bike at the same time, and I didn't like the millimetric aspect of skateboarding, I mean what is the difference between a heelflip, a 360 flip, a shove it... a damn feet placement, compare a barspin, a whip, and a crankflip on a bike it's completely different feelings.

Then I re bought a board a few years ago (not so long after "quit" skating when thinking about it) and I get it out some times, not to do tricks, all I do is bs 180's, ollie down 5 stairs, and heelflip... sometimes... but I just love cruising, riding a snake, or trying to carve a bowl, or simply take the board to buy a baguette down the street.
I also snowboard, so I try to do what I do on the snow on a the skate carving wise somehow, but about jumps, I can't afford to go that big on that little piece of wood.

I really like going to a new skatepark and riding both bikes and skate, I don't really take skate seriously, it's just to cruise around and I mostly ride my bike but I enjoy my little skate time a lot.

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals »

THE SHOP