I'm a beginner looking for a bike.

Related:
Create New Tag

7/30/2017 6:25 PM

Hi, I am looking to getting into bmx and want to buy a bike, but I also want to be able to assemble it myself. And every bike I look into they deliver 99% assembled. If you know of any decent bikes but aren't outrageous in price that I would be able to assemble myself, please let me know.

|

7/30/2017 8:23 PM

What to you consider "outrageous"? You could probably just ask the shop you order from to not assemble your bike.

|

7/30/2017 8:26 PM

Nothing over 300 dollars

|

7/31/2017 5:50 AM

Your idea of an outrageous price is the lowest sum you could possibly get even a crappy bike for. I'd suggest Walmart, maybe they have some in the back that aren't built up.

|

7/31/2017 6:51 AM

Complete bikes come mostly assembled. That's the way it is. Take it apart, and build it again? Lol I don't understand why, but whatever. Or build a custom yourself that's $1000-$2000. Not sure what outrageous means, but any other top of the line bikes, like road bikes or mountain bikes can cost $10000+, so any BMX is reasonable. This question sucks.

|

7/31/2017 7:00 AM

There's a Verde for sale here in the for sale section. He's asking $400, but I bet he'd take a little less. I also am willing to bet he'd tear it completely apart and ship it to you and you could re-assemble it.

|

7/31/2017 11:28 AM

Man y'all are some real classy people here. What a great way to communicate to someone who's looking to get into bmx and knows nothing about the sport. But thank you Johnny I'll look into the verde

|

7/31/2017 11:48 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/31/2017 11:50 AM

Olier5.0 wrote:

Man y'all are some real classy people here. What a great way to communicate to someone who's looking to get into bmx and knows nothing about the sport. But thank you Johnny I'll look into the verde

You asked and they delivered.

It's true, though. Unfortunately, $300 doesn't get you far. Some frames now days go for this. If you want a complete bike but want to assemble it yourself, bump your budget to at least $400/$500, then, as stated above, take it apart and put it back together again... for whatever reason you want to.

Anyways, in a good bike:
- 100% Chromoly metal in the frame, fork, and handlebar
- Sealed bearings throughout the bike: Headset, BB, and hubs (front & rear)
- If you can find double wall rims, it's a nice plus, but aren't a deal-breaker when looking to buy a bike

If you look about the internet and find one you like, post it here so we can analyze it and help you.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

7/31/2017 12:05 PM

Olier5.0 wrote:

300 bucks isn't enough to get a decent bike unless you buy used or find some crazy blow out of old stock somewhere. You can probably find something used but don't waste your money on new 300 dollar complete.

|

7/31/2017 2:25 PM

Should be able to find a really nice used custom for $300. Easy...

|