Im a firm believer that

Related:
Create New Tag

4/24/2013 7:01 PM

all bike frames should be able to have a slammed wheel and should make it clear what gearing will slam with that frame

ITS 2013 common now how can ever bike company be this lazy

|

4/24/2013 7:05 PM

Too many variables to take in account, like what size tires, what height of the rim, do you have brakes or not, is your chain stretched or not, half link or not, sprocket size & driver size, et c.

It's a good thought, but in my eyes there's too many variables to consider to make it perfect.

|

4/24/2013 7:14 PM

yeah but look at Fit's frame descriptions. I love those. Why cant every company do that?

|

I don't support slut shaming, but I do support snake shaming you snaky bastard

4/24/2013 7:17 PM

For real my wheel is at the end of the drop outs and if i remove the half link i have in my chain it will be to small...

|

Refs:
ac~handley -les.cheek - the_bmxist -Skids007(x4) - Roqfan - jared42069 - Bmxnick2511

4/24/2013 7:19 PM

Or kids could stop being pussies and realize they don't need a slammed wheel to 360 flat

|

Check my Youtube Channel and Subscribe if you like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC62awwE63LVhyBqOgIyY3ZA
Follow me on Instagram @ scott_effting & toododgy

4/24/2013 7:20 PM

Effting wrote:

Or kids could stop being pussies and realize they don't need a slammed wheel to 360 flat

but whats wrong with wanting a slammed wheel

|

I don't support slut shaming, but I do support snake shaming you snaky bastard

4/24/2013 7:22 PM

Effting wrote:

hmuifulikefriedchicken wrote:

but whats wrong with wanting a slammed wheel

Majority of the kids on here only want super short chain stays so they can 360, then are mad they can't have a super tight chain and a 2.35 tire fit without rubbing while its slammed so they can "spin quicker"

|

4/24/2013 7:26 PM

Effting wrote:

im talking about making the bike better not more at risk of wheel slipping and tight spots in the chain, if people really thing that helps with 3s then lol to them because it doesn't at all

|

4/24/2013 7:31 PM

Effting wrote:

plzdntfailmeagn wrote:

im talking about making the bike better not more at risk of wheel slipping and tight spots in the chain, if people really ...more

But if you tighten it correctly, it should rarely come loose if thats what you mean? lol I don't know now I am confused by what you mean

|

4/24/2013 7:34 PM

i tighten my shit hard but when you ride the distance to get to spots and actually use your bike to travel and tend to pedal hard as fuck as it is you'll want to take every step to avoid failure

|

4/24/2013 7:37 PM

I just like my shit responsive. My wheel is almost slammed with enough to take the wheel off. Its at like 13.3 and feels great. I just hate laggy bikes. But yeah, way too many variables to consider. I really like what fit does. They tell you what gearings for the CS length. It won't be perfectly exact, but pretty damn close.

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

4/24/2013 7:38 PM

I just dont want bent drop outs

|

Refs:
ac~handley -les.cheek - the_bmxist -Skids007(x4) - Roqfan - jared42069 - Bmxnick2511

4/24/2013 7:53 PM

They should also list how large of a tire you can use.

|

4/24/2013 7:56 PM

bloghogs wrote:

yes

|

4/24/2013 8:35 PM

Can't you just use a chain tensioner? I know pretty much fuck all about them but I don't see why it wouldn't work?

|

My Old* Steed

Click here and follow me :D
Twitterrr

4/25/2013 7:30 AM

plzdntfailmeagn wrote:

i tighten my shit hard but when you ride the distance to get to spots and actually use your bike to travel and tend to pedal ...more

Bring a couple tools in a backpack.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/25/2013 7:32 AM

bloghogs wrote:

FOR SURE!

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

4/25/2013 2:17 PM

Effting wrote:

Haha this. Get chain tensioners if it's that bad of an issue to ya'.

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

4/25/2013 2:25 PM

Most companies like Fit have some pretty good descriptions the thing is that it seems that companies don't measure stuff as tire properly, Subrosa for instance has 2.5 tires that are rated as 2.25s...

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

4/25/2013 6:49 PM

Problem is that to know what length a certain gearing & number of links is going to be, you need to have a perfectly straight chainline (eyesight is too unreliable, only accurate way is maths), a new chain and new driver/sprocket that all fit together properly (some chains interfere)

The average BMXer won't satisfy these requirements

A worn chain, driver or sprocket will make it longer, interference and chain misalignment will make it shorter

I agree that they should at least post some 'perfect world' examples for people to at least get a rough idea of where the wheel will be, but I can see why they don't as kids who don't understand the subtleties would be bitching at them all the time

|

4/25/2013 7:00 PM

I'm too poor to get a new frame with integrated tensioners. Makes the job 10x easier. I still use the old" jam the wrench in the seatstay bridge and push all the way back while you tighten" method. It works pretty much every single time.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

4/25/2013 9:55 PM

Wheel slammed or not doesnt matter to me......its easy to adjust to stuff......kids these days thinking light bikes and small spec differences will make them better.......fools i say fools!

|

4/26/2013 12:58 AM

Effting wrote:

plzdntfailmeagn wrote:

im talking about making the bike better not more at risk of wheel slipping and tight spots in the chain, if people really ...more

it will help with stuff like spinning etc because it will respond alot quicker to however you flick the frame around.

|

4/26/2013 6:39 AM

Effting wrote:

plzdntfailmeagn wrote:

Caelum Persson wrote:

it will help with stuff like spinning etc because it will respond alot quicker to however you flick the frame around.

Not drastically noticeable unless you go more than like 1/4 of an inch, and your average "slam VS not slammed" setup would be less than that. Best answer for those complaining about not being able to slam it, is a half link chain.

But the point being that you shouldn't rely on things to make YOU better. I could hop on my bike from 14 years ago (if it wasn't destroyed) and still hop a 360 on it, 45 lbs and all.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/26/2013 10:46 AM

bloghogs wrote:

this with a thing that says without brakes

and like the one guy said, theres too many variables

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

4/26/2013 8:49 PM

bloghogs wrote:

sketchytravis wrote:

this with a thing that says without brakes

and like the one guy said, theres too many variables

ya also demo 2.35 are 2.40 fully inflated

|

Save a tree

Ride a Bike...... I am an environmentalist jk hahaha

BIKE CHECK: http://www.vitalbmx.com/community/WallmartBMX,103987/setup,83842

WATCH MY NEW EDIT IM SO PROUD OF IT!!