I'm a retard =( (my dans order... still stoked for the most part)

Related:
Create New Tag

12/21/2013 5:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/21/2013 5:56 PM

I should have asked about these parts before I ordered them... oh well....

-Colony Pinnacle Front Wheel
-Colony Pinnacle Rear Wheel
-Fiction Troop Forks
-Odyssey Elementary V3 Stem (part 1 of my retardation)
-4 BSD Kriss Kyle Unit Pegs
-Kink Ideal Barends
-Dans Rim Strips
-Snafu Dual Gyro Cables (part 2 of my retardation)
-Primo WLT Tire (not in the pic) size 2.3

So I realized AFTER my 499 dollar order of parts, this stem might not work very well with a gyro setup because of how hollow it is in the back. SO NOW I MUST ASK... would this stem get screwed up with a gyro setup really bad.... and has anyone done, seen or even HEARD of a gyro setup with this stem..

Although it DID have FREE 1 DAY shipping so at least I do not have to wait too long, seeing as the holidays are SUPER close.

|

Welp, broke past 1000... yeeeee

My Youtube / RainBMX
My Insta / What_Is_Barspin

12/21/2013 5:59 PM

why the fuck did you get nice ass parts and one of the shittiest forks?

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

12/21/2013 6:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/21/2013 6:03 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

budget.... needed forks and had to be under budget ($500 budget)...... the struggle is real haha

in reality, mainly the offset, yes I know, not the strongest but to be honest, the only forks I ever managed to bend were hi-ten steel dk forks off a walmart bike so I think these will hold up fine

|

My Youtube / RainBMX

12/21/2013 6:07 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

James_Letten17 wrote:

budget.... needed forks and had to be under budget ($500 budget)...... the struggle is real haha

in reality, mainly the ...more

then you should have spent less on other parts, rather than the one that takes a ton of abuse, and will leave you with the most injury if it breaks

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

12/21/2013 6:12 PM

Forks are the most important part of your bike ; you want a good pair. Friction ones shouldn't break but they won't be as good

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/21/2013 6:17 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Forks are the most important part of your bike ; you want a good pair. Friction ones shouldn't break but they won't be as good ...more

yea I wanted to get some r25's but or the r-race's from odyssey but did not have enough money to spend

|

My Youtube / RainBMX

12/21/2013 6:31 PM

I think the stem and gyro will work. I think one of the Odyssey rider had that combo actually.

|

12/21/2013 6:58 PM

James_Letten17 wrote:

yea I wanted to get some r25's but or the r-race's from odyssey but did not have enough money to spend

I'm guessing you doing this from your insurance money.. You could of waited till tom to order a fork.. I'm saying this because you said that you can only spend 500 because it's your card limit to something?

|

Bang Bang bmx

12/21/2013 7:03 PM

You can buy gyro tabs that actually go into the stem itself..

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

12/21/2013 7:06 PM

Photo
|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

12/21/2013 7:19 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

You can buy gyro tabs that actually go into the stem itself..

saw that, I have a plate to use though

|

My Youtube / RainBMX

12/21/2013 7:20 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Forks are the most important part of your bike ; you want a good pair. Friction ones shouldn't break but they won't be as good ...more

James_Letten17 wrote:

ThugLifeBmxRiderz wrote:

I'm guessing you doing this from your insurance money.. You could of waited till tom to order a fork.. I'm saying this because ...more

yes but since I already ordered the forks... might as well ride them till they die and yes 500 is my old cards limit, i opened up a new account today because I just turned 18 today

|

My Youtube / RainBMX

12/22/2013 12:10 AM

People like you keep the shitty brands in business.

|

12/22/2013 12:14 AM

RiverSideRider wrote:

People like you keep the shitty brands in business.

um.... I was wanting to buy Odyssey Race Forks but I did not have enough to do so.... so please may I ask of you to calm the tits.

|

My Youtube / RainBMX

12/22/2013 12:14 AM

quite possibly the worst stem ever made next to the kink relief

quick question, does the option for dans rewards pop up every time or only once and then does it automatically?

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

12/22/2013 12:17 AM

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

quick question, does the option for dans rewards pop up ...more

um.. I believe there is a link that goes to the rewards page.. if that is what you are talking about

|

My Youtube / RainBMX

12/22/2013 12:24 AM

quick question, does the option for dans rewards pop up ...more

James_Letten17 wrote:

um.. I believe there is a link that goes to the rewards page.. if that is what you are talking about

idk if i dont get rewards points for this order its just going to prove my point that its a scam

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram

old edit

12/22/2013 8:54 AM

I don't think the Dans rewards points are real.

That stem will work with a gyro. Putting the plate under the stem should be fine. it may spin around a bit but will work.

did you buy that stem because it was cheap?

|

12/22/2013 9:01 AM

pnj wrote:

That stem will work with a gyro. Putting the plate under the stem should be ...more

$40 on sale and I have a stock plate that has a flat bottom... i will flip it upside down.

|

My Youtube / RainBMX

12/22/2013 9:31 AM

you could buy used forks?

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

12/22/2013 9:46 AM

You should have bought bars instead of forks, and then bought better forks later

|

12/22/2013 9:56 AM

pnj wrote:

That stem will work with a gyro. Putting the plate under the stem should be ...more

Me either only reason i ordered from them was to prove it, if i dont get points i want to make it go viral that dans sucks and tries to scam people into buying from them so they can get points, so far this is what my account says Photo

|

Testimony and apologies

instagram

old edit

12/22/2013 10:02 AM

^good luck with that^

|

12/22/2013 10:16 AM

pnj wrote:

Me either only reason i ordered from them was to prove it, if i dont get points i want to make it go viral that dans sucks and ...more

i believe you need a lot of points to have it show up on something. but all in all i do not care about the point thing because it is so long term to even buy something with it

|

My Youtube / RainBMX

12/22/2013 11:34 AM

idk if i dont get rewards points for this order its just going to prove my point that its a scam

The last order I ever did with Dan's I got to use rewards points.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

12/22/2013 11:48 AM

pnj wrote:

they are... They go through the account. And when you have enough it should pop up by the shipping and you can redeem them. They don't automatically apply themselves.

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

12/22/2013 11:51 AM

Me either only reason i ordered from them was to prove it, if i dont get points i want to make it go viral that dans sucks and ...more

you get rewarded for ordering from them... if you order 300 dollars worth of stuff then you get 15 dollars worth of points. if you have not ordered anything from them ever it's not gonna show up.

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

12/22/2013 11:57 AM

To clear the air with dans rewards..

You have to sign up for them!
Every $1=1point
300points=$15
When you have enough points, you have to click the rewards button at checkout.

|