I'm about to go crazy and break my chain (help)

Related:
Create New Tag

3/22/2013 4:08 AM

Ok this is pissing me off so much.

My chain stays loose No matter how much I pull back my rear wheel and tighten up the nuts.

If I finally do get it tight, when I move the pedals forward half way it becomes loose (the chains sometimes actually touch the chainstays), then if I move the pedals forward again half way it becomes tight, then I move the pedals half way forward again and it's loose (and so on).

Any help please!

|

3/22/2013 4:16 AM

|

3/22/2013 4:19 AM

Maybe it's because you are not keeping the wheel straight into the dropouts, try to get it as straight as possible and then tighten evenly.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

3/22/2013 4:51 AM

Bent sprocket. although i doubt your capable of that.

|

Latest edit (Check it out) | Anything With Two Wheels Goes!!
"Fuck it and Huck it" -Tomdon

[LINK TO IMAGE]

3/22/2013 5:04 AM

Sharpy wrote:

Bent sprocket. although i doubt your capable of that.

This, aha. Hopping won't do it but just make sure its not bent. I rode a bent sprocket for like 3 months and it was terrible. It ruined my chain, and it would get really tight and then super loose.

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

3/22/2013 5:21 AM

Here is the problem. I made a vid

And the sprocket is def not bent.
|

3/22/2013 5:27 AM

that has to be the sprocket , because ive had the same problem ... maybe its not bent but its for sure not a circle

|

3/22/2013 5:31 AM

justin vogelsberger wrote:

that has to be the sprocket , because ive had the same problem ... maybe its not bent but its for sure not a circle

This. You need a new sprocket same thing happened to me.lol

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

3/22/2013 5:44 AM

Yo sprock is warped, bruh.

|

3/22/2013 5:46 AM

Your sprocket is definitely bent

|

Latest edit (Check it out) | Anything With Two Wheels Goes!!
"Fuck it and Huck it" -Tomdon

[LINK TO IMAGE]

3/22/2013 5:46 AM

sunny.jomofo wrote:

Here is the problem. I made a vid

And the sprocket is def not bent.

Try my link. It's either your sprocket is bent or something (which I doubt) or your wheel isn't on the dropouts straight (most likely). The link above would fix that problem.

|

3/22/2013 5:56 AM

Yep your sprocket mate you have bent it now you need a new one smile

|

3/22/2013 6:16 AM

Here is the sprocket.

Looks ok..

|

3/22/2013 6:19 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/22/2013 6:19 AM

it looks fine , maybe when you put it on the spindle , you forgot the adapter ?
(not familiar with that sprocket so idk if it needs an adapter or not)

|

3/22/2013 6:22 AM

Id just go ahead and buy a new sprocket honestly

|

Text For Faster Response (727) 218 4305
Follow Me On Instagram - @Marcog_727
Refs–
Sold : Mrhavoc1988, Skubasteve, Joe_Martinez, -Havok-
Bought : ii Krxfted, Tomdon, SnM An1mal, ScramHype, Ecuadevil, TheHorrorContract
Traded : Wolfen, Kevin_Burnett, The_Bmxist, Wilberto_Mora, Mobking, Joe_Martinez

3/22/2013 6:25 AM

Put your sprocket on a smooth, flat surface, like the kitchen table, with nothing under it. Tap on it all the way around. If it rocks at any point, it's bent.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

3/22/2013 6:27 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/22/2013 6:27 AM

justin vogelsberger wrote:

it looks fine , maybe when you put it on the spindle , you forgot the adapter ?
(not familiar with that sprocket so idk if it needs an adapter or not)

oh he wouldnt have forgotten it. Remember---he is a pro bike mechanic and over examines EVERYTHING. guaranteed he did forget anything. NEVER!

|

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim
Traded: tomdon
Hooked me up: zachhendrix, oscar7588

Personal Email: snmloverbmx@hotmail.com
n-dür product info/ order email: ndur_bmx@outlook.com
n-dür on facebook

3/22/2013 6:30 AM

sunny i saw the video. you have tight spots. you can tighten it on the loose part. but that would be bad for your chain because your tightspots are so bad. Like I commented on the video. get an odyssey million dollar. it lasts forever

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

3/22/2013 6:53 AM

feeble_to_face wrote:

sunny i saw the video. you have tight spots. you can tighten it on the loose part. but that would be bad for your chain because your tightspots are so bad. Like I commented on the video. get an odyssey million dollar. it lasts forever

So what's causing these tight spots?

|

3/22/2013 6:53 AM

Chuck8273 wrote:

Put your sprocket on a smooth, flat surface, like the kitchen table, with nothing under it. Tap on it all the way around. If it rocks at any point, it's bent.

Seems fine

???

|

3/22/2013 6:58 AM

sproket is bent our ovalized

|

REFS: Drnwag irideafly sunday.bmx21 8=D xlilkillaluc15x Dennis916 Blake El Gingero mattjmuldoon@hotmail.com netty speghetti kr00253 bstick Dudeisdrumer109

pcoco ticaleb

3/22/2013 7:41 AM

feeble_to_face wrote:

sunny.jomofo wrote:

So what's causing these tight spots?

If you grind and smash your chain/sprocket you will get tight spots. I tacoed 2 sprockets before i got my million dollar. It lasts foreva!!!!

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

3/22/2013 7:45 AM

my two cents

i think your putting the sprocket on crooked. put your sprocket on the spindle tighten the cranks then put the sprocket bolt through the sprocket into the crank.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

3/22/2013 7:48 AM

Is your spindle adapter on?

|

Refs–
Bought : ii Krxfted, Tomdon, SnM An1mal, ScramHype, Ecuadevil, TheHorrorContract
Traded : Wolfen, Kevin_Burnett, The_Bmxist, Wilberto_Mora, Mobking, Joe_Martinez

3/22/2013 7:52 AM

Marco_Gonzalez wrote:

Spindle adapter?

|

3/22/2013 7:53 AM

Marco_Gonzalez wrote:

if i remember correctly the kink completes don't need a sprocket adapter but its been awhile since i've had one for repair at the shop.

|

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

3/22/2013 7:54 AM

Marco_Gonzalez wrote:

sunny.jomofo wrote:

Spindle adapter?

when you first took off your sprocket was their a washer/adapter that sat between the sprocket and spindle?

|

3/22/2013 7:56 AM

Marco_Gonzalez wrote:

sunny.jomofo wrote:

Spindle adapter?

Yeah, for a 19mm or a 22mm spindle, goes in the hole of the sprocket

|

Refs–

3/22/2013 7:57 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/22/2013 7:58 AM

Well this us what I got on in order before the crank.
Anything in the wrong place?

Photo

|

3/22/2013 8:03 AM

I think your sprocket should go on that ring that's closest in. That looks like its your sprocket adapter

|

509-301-202one. April 14 Bike check

Refs-ninjacat33 x2, Warchol2, A08 x2, fsearles, bmxscout48, blackmammoth, ilovemybike22, ecuadevil, bmx, J.r._Faw, Pavimo, kymike, ScramHype, xlilkillaluc15x, bmxnick2511, semobmx, robinson79 x2

eBay - 120+ transactions, 100% feedback