I'm getting a freecoaster

Related:
Create New Tag

1/13/2014 4:58 AM

I'm thinking about getting the Demolition or the Cult one but can't decide.
I've heard that the Cult on is great but I prefer Demolition as a company. Are these freecoasters the same?

Are there any do's and don't's when riding a freecoaster?
Thanks!

|

1/13/2014 5:03 AM

If you have to ask if there are dos and donts then you probably aren't ready to get one. No offense intended. You're better off researching them and learning about them and waiting until you know a lot about them until you get one. Not saying you need to know every single thing about them, but know enough to make an educated choice.

That being said the big don't that I can think of is DO NOT use pedal pressure to fakie

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

1/13/2014 5:06 AM

bmxfromma wrote:

If you have to ask if there are dos and donts then you probably aren't ready to get one. No offense intended. You're better off researching them and learning about them and waiting until you know a lot about them until you get one. Not saying you need to know every single thing about them, but know enough to make an educated choice.

That being said the big don't that I can think of is DO NOT use pedal pressure to fakie

That's what I mean, if there is something that I should be doing like not putting pressure on peddals as I've heard guys in the park saying something about it. Is it not putting pressure when faking out? I obviously wouldn't put pressure when faking..

And what I'm doing right now is researching.

|

1/13/2014 5:18 AM

Take your chain off for a month before making your decision. Its about the same concept. No pedal pressure whatsoever, knee slams, etc. Do it for atleast a month even if you get good at it, because you may get tired of it. Alot of people buy coasters then take them off a month later.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

1/13/2014 5:25 AM

Crevop wrote:

That's what I mean, if there is something that I should be doing like not putting pressure on peddals as I've heard guys in the park saying something about it. Is it not putting pressure when faking out? I obviously wouldn't put pressure when faking..

And what I'm doing right now is researching.

My bad bro, I misread what you said.

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

1/13/2014 5:41 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Take your chain off for a month before making your decision. Its about the same concept. No pedal pressure whatsoever, knee slams, etc. Do it for atleast a month even if you get good at it, because you may get tired of it. Alot of people buy coasters then take them off a month later.

Id do that. I have heard that the cult one was supposed to be really good, but id wait a bit, plus the eclat fc is going out sometime.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

1/13/2014 6:11 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/13/2014 6:11 AM

The cult one has different bearings that are menna last longer and cope with the side load better, and a needle bearing to make back pedal smoother. And the same driver bearings as the match cassette I think. But yeah, learn about them first and know how to take them apart (watch vids) and such so it doesn't end up feeling like shit from no maintanence. Free-coaster.com is a great website to learn about them

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

1/13/2014 7:07 AM

Honestly, I would go with one that is proven to be tough. The Federal freecoaster has been around for a while. I dont trust anything cult makes other than their bars, forks, and frames.

|

1/13/2014 8:49 AM

clintdcase wrote:

Honestly, I would go with one that is proven to be tough. The Federal freecoaster has been around for a while. I dont trust anything cult makes other than their bars, forks, and frames.

The cult coaster is based off the KHE freecoaster, so is federal. The federal freecoaster is exactly the same as the KHE where cult actually made adjustments to it to improve it. I've read somewhere that the Demoliton freecoaster is meant to have needle bearings too.

I don't think I won't like a freecoaster as I'm practicing fakies for about a year and I can go a long distance but not fast. I have a problem where I can't lean back while faking, I'm more over my bars and that makes it really hard to go straight.

Another thing, with full/540 cabs can I apply pedal pressure?

|

1/13/2014 9:38 AM

Crevop wrote:

The cult coaster is based off the KHE freecoaster, so is federal. The federal freecoaster is exactly the same as the KHE where cult actually made adjustments to it to improve it. I've read somewhere that the Demoliton freecoaster is meant to have needle bearings too.

I don't think I won't like a freecoaster as I'm practicing fakies for about a year and I can go a long distance but not fast. I have a problem where I can't lean back while faking, I'm more over my bars and that makes it really hard to go straight.

Another thing, with full/540 cabs can I apply pedal pressure?

I don't think so, it would be using pedal pressure just like using pressure for a regular fakie

|

-HardBMX_Tim

1/13/2014 9:38 AM

clintdcase wrote:

The natch cassette hub is good to.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

1/13/2014 9:57 AM

Just bought the Demolition one :D

|

1/13/2014 10:18 AM

Crevop wrote:

Just bought the Demolition one :D

Nice! I think that's the one I'm gonna get

|

-HardBMX_Tim