I'm going to camp Woodward for the first time Help!

Related:
Create New Tag

7/20/2016 11:46 AM

I'm going to camp Woodward for the first time in about 2 weeks. I'm kinda worried for the following reasons

I don't know How to do any thing/tricks on a bike

I was also wondering if they taught begginers like me like how to do the basic stuff like bunny hop, and drop in. Thanks for whoever collaborates on this thread. Thanks!

|

7/20/2016 11:51 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/20/2016 11:52 AM

Don't worry about a thing!

The beauty of Woodward is skill level isn't a factor. You could go in not knowing a thing and leave with a whole bag of new tricks. Of course, that isn't the case for EVERYONE, but there's still a good chance you'll learn something. There's a thing called morning instruction. It's the best time to learn at the start of the day with fellow riders. So yes, they will teach as long as you are willing to learn.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

7/20/2016 12:05 PM

Here's some suggestions:

Things to do:
Have fun
Stay Positive
Be Nice
Be Respectful
Mind the rules
Be aware of other campers
Be Patient
Try new things outside of bmx
Take pictures/video

Things NOT to do:
Pretty much the opposite of everything above

Have fun man, I've always wanted to go to Woodward put never had the money for it.

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

7/20/2016 2:33 PM

I'm too old to go as a camper which sucks, BUT the best things to do are to have fun, don't be a dick to people (unless they are dicks first), try everything, and learn some stuff.

Not gonna lie, I'm super jealous.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/20/2016 7:06 PM

Skills not a factor or important , knowing park ettiquete is a factor and very important , it will keep people from losing it on you and may keep you from having a bone breaking collision , when it comes to the laws of physics the participant in the collision going slower more times then not loses

|

7/21/2016 2:46 PM

Just have fun, and work hard. People say you can go there knowing absolutely nothing and leave as a pro, but you won't unless you work hard and try.

|

I swear to drunk i'm not god

7/21/2016 7:48 PM

Don't worry. You won't be the only beginner. Lots of kids come to camp with a bike and ready to have fun, that's all you need.

|

7/21/2016 7:57 PM

wish we would have had something like this back in the 80's...

do as everyone mentioned, but also, take care of your body...hydrate, stretch if you need to, actually sleep at night, eat right at meal times....

learn about the non-riding part of BMX as well as the riding part...expect to get better, but NOT to instantly become a Pro since that will take MANY more things than just time at camp...

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence