I'm in a pickle

Related:
Create New Tag

12/7/2014 3:17 PM

So I have a dilema. My mom said for Christmas I can get $350 worth of stuff. I'm trying to sell my bike so I can start a custom build and get a Laird Frame. Only problem is I'm broke as shit with no job waiting to go into the military in Feb. So, I call upon my fellow bmxer dudes to see what your opinions would be.
1. Pay half for a Laird Frame and have it sit until I can pay for all the parts to go on it early next year
2. Buy a wheelset now with help since they're expensive as shit and hold them until I build my custom
3. Take advantage of holiday deals and buy all the parts minus the frame/wheels and hold them until custom build
4. Shut the piss up and keep your current bike lol.

I could wait until next year when I have money and build it all at once also, which means I'd buy the wheelset now and just put them on my current bike and take them off if someone ever decides to buy the bike

|

Smoke Drink Die

12/7/2014 3:20 PM

but keep your current forks and brakes, it'll save you close to 175$ on the build if you are going full price

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

12/7/2014 3:24 PM

Your set on frame and wheels. Hubs change and frames dont. Buy the frame and get the wheels later

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

12/7/2014 3:29 PM

If I buy the frame I'd probably take apart my current bike and put it all on the Laird just for now honestly and sell the frame and bullshit parts as time goes on. I'm leaning heavily on getting the frame now. Empire has 15% off my order which took almost $100 off my order and it'd be like $535 for everything minus wheelset and frame of course. It saves me $100 now but i'll have those parts laying around until probably April next year

|

Smoke Drink Die

12/7/2014 3:37 PM

actually get the frame now, because i feel like laird is going to get super swamped with orders as he gets more popular and he is going to be backed up for months by the time you get around to ordering

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

12/7/2014 3:38 PM

Get the frame

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

12/7/2014 3:48 PM

Go for the laird frame but you have to pay it all upfront . It's not like S&M where you put half of the frames value as a deposit.

|

Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it. (‭Ecclesiastes‬ ‭12‬:‭7‬ KJV)
Sold to: storeboughtchild,Maximusbikes,cro tec,Showtime402,Kevinbrock338,dktechethan,Robinson79
Traded: livefreeordie2332(x2), Aebasher.
TXT Me (480)340-7551

12/7/2014 3:51 PM

Mario.villegas90 wrote:

Go for the laird frame but you have to pay it all upfront . It's not like S&M where you put half of the frames value as a deposit.

Yeah I've talked to him a couple times over email that past couple months. 1 year warranty, 3-4 week build/ship time, pay in full up front. Honestly though I trust him and his work so much that I'm not even really considering any brand frames anymore

|

Smoke Drink Die

12/7/2014 3:53 PM

Mario.villegas90 wrote:

Colonydirt94 wrote:

Yeah I've talked to him a couple times over email that past couple months. 1 year warranty, 3-4 week build/ship time, pay in full up front. Honestly though I trust him and his work so much that I'm not even really considering any brand frames anymore

I was using S&M as an example.

|

Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it. (‭Ecclesiastes‬ ‭12‬:‭7‬ KJV)
Sold to: storeboughtchild,Maximusbikes,cro tec,Showtime402,Kevinbrock338,dktechethan,Robinson79
Traded: livefreeordie2332(x2), Aebasher.
TXT Me (480)340-7551

12/7/2014 4:09 PM

Id be buying a gun and getting some skills shooting guns if I where going to join the military, just my opinion

|

12/7/2014 4:51 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Id be buying a gun and getting some skills shooting guns if I where going to join the military, just my opinion

I'm a redneck man, I got that taken care of already lol

|

Smoke Drink Die

12/7/2014 5:34 PM

id go with shut the fuck up/if it aint broke don't fix it/ buy all the parts.

my idea for this one is get all the parts since youll get retarded deals, but don't pop em on the bike until the part needs to be replaced. its win win

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

12/7/2014 5:58 PM

#4 if there isn't anything wrong with your current bike, just keep it man!
You could either keep customizing your ride the way you like, or save up your money for a year or so and buy exactly what you want
Life lessons I have learned the hard way: Good things come to those who wait and you get what you pay for, lol

|

I ride to stay on two wheels and have fun!
BIKE CHECK

12/7/2014 5:59 PM

MidWestBMX wrote:

#4 if there isn't anything wrong with your current bike, just keep it man!
You could either keep customizing your ride the way you like, or save up your money for a year or so and buy exactly what you want
Life lessons I have learned the hard way: Good things come to those who wait and you get what you pay for, lol

that's why itacked up the part where he buysthe parts now because of retarded deals, but doesn't usethem til he needs them

|

sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"

12/7/2014 6:44 PM

When I'm in bootcamp I make 1,500 a month at my rank plus a possible 1,000 bonus for my contract. So 3 months in boot I'll come out with a lot more than what I have now. With that being said, it's going to be a fun but really slow build until next April lol.

Photo

|

Smoke Drink Die

12/8/2014 12:34 AM

werd so you went with a frame?

|

12/8/2014 3:11 AM

Photo

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

12/8/2014 7:14 AM

Yeah I'll get it at the end of december and I can't ride in january hard since I'm leaving in feb and can't have any injuries obviously. So it'll pretty much sit until I get back but I have all the parts I need for it in my cart on empire.com so if my brother can access my bank while im in bootcamp I told him to buy everything so I can build it when I get home. Gonna be so sick

|

Smoke Drink Die

12/8/2014 10:36 AM

Colonydirt94 wrote:

Yeah I'll get it at the end of december and I can't ride in january hard since I'm leaving in feb and can't have any injuries obviously. So it'll pretty much sit until I get back but I have all the parts I need for it in my cart on empire.com so if my brother can access my bank while im in bootcamp I told him to buy everything so I can build it when I get home. Gonna be so sick

whelp. good for you man.

whatever floats the boat

|