Im not sure if i should carry on riding bmx

Related:
Create New Tag

9/18/2017 2:36 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/18/2017 2:37 AM

This is because i can do easy tricks and i need progression but i cant all i can do is stuff like footjams footjam whip footjam one hander fiitjam fakie fakies rock to fakie airs thats all and goid bunny hops i can do stair sets too my best one was a 6 set
Please respond should i give up or carry on? I want to learnt trucks like 180's and 360's and barspins and stuff like that

|

9/18/2017 4:36 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/18/2017 7:20 AM

Personally, if you have to ask, is your heart really in it? I mean, all my friends & I were riding before 90% of the current tricks were even out. We couldn't pull the best of them back then but would ride the shit out of our bikes because it was fun. If you are in it for anything other than the fun of it, it may be time to move on.

|

9/18/2017 5:50 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/18/2017 5:53 AM

Yeah, you should just give up. Your not riding for the right reasons anyway. It's just a matter of time, so just get it over with now.

|

9/18/2017 5:53 AM

ggallin422 wrote:

Yeah, you should just give up. Your not riding for the right reasons anyway. It's just a matter of time, so just get it over with now.

There needs to be a "Like button" for individual posts & replies.

|

9/18/2017 7:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/18/2017 7:17 AM

Batuhan_Dinc68 wrote:

This is because i can do easy tricks and i need progression but i cant all i can do is stuff like footjams footjam whip footjam one hander fiitjam fakie fakies rock to fakie airs thats all and goid bunny hops i can do stair sets too my best one was a 6 set
Please respond should i give up or carry on? I want to learnt trucks like 180's and 360's and barspins and stuff like that

Youre roughly in the same spot i am riding wise, i can do 180 flats and flyouts, sliders and shit 270's on flat banks and quite a few other tricks you havent mentioned but If you get to a wall, keep expanding your horizons.

For instance, I wasnt comfortable rotating a full 360 like my friend was. We started at a similar time, he still cant fakie or 180 for any distance but I felt it was fundamental so I kept at it while he moved on to 360's. He pretty much got 360's down in 1 day... i was very jealous. Anyway, i can 180 and fakie way better than he can, i can also 270 which he cannot. My point is not only will you learn things at a different rate but If you are struggling with a particular trick, learn things or tricks that will help you in the future...what comes after a 270?...a 360 logically.

Im not there yet but the more i do that similar trick i will feel more confident and I will push my rotation further and realize "Hey i think i can do a 360!".

Relate this to yourself and find ways to progress incrementally if youre not the type to just pull tricks out of your ass.

But as others have said, if you dont want to put in the time or you feel like youre WASTING your time. Get out now while you have fewer broken bones and a less empty wallet.

|

9/18/2017 7:48 AM

I can't do a fucking thing but bunny hop and the shittiest manuals ever. Well I can spin 180 but I can't fakie yet. But I have a lot of fun. Sounds like you are not having fun. I wouldn't do something that's supposed to be fun if it wasn't.

|

9/18/2017 7:49 AM

You shouldn't ride just because you want to learn tricks. You should ride because you enjoy it. Learning takes time. If you stop caring about what tricks you can do, and ride because you enjoy it, you'll progress naturally without caring if you're good or not

|

9/18/2017 8:03 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/18/2017 11:50 AM

You can quit just don't pick up a gay little scooter

|

9/18/2017 8:04 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/18/2017 8:04 AM

Id give up , youre riding for the wrong reasons and youre not into it unless your a youtube star so id say let it go, I bunnyhop , manual terribly and can ride a park semi ok. Never once have i thought about quiting, i always think about the next time i get to ride....

|

9/18/2017 8:11 AM

I agree with everyone else, but I was in the same place not to long ago and I questioned my self and I almost gave up one day. Then I just about tore a tendon in my ankle and was out for abought a month. When I got back on it I had a blast. Ive recently learned t bogs and tire grabs wich where really scary for me but I think landing tricks that scare me so much is what keeps me going, if I never learned new tricks and never did something that scared me, bmx would be boring so just do something that scares you don't think about the concequences. I'm really happy that I didn't ask this question on here because I would of just quit. You just need some motivation and that new learn that keept you going from the beginning.

|

9/18/2017 8:53 AM

Just have fun Try new things even if they seem small. It all adds up, and before you know it you will be doing things you never thought you'd be able to do. Every rider ever, has started just like that.

|

9/18/2017 9:05 AM

BcBMX80 wrote:

Id give up , youre riding for the wrong reasons and youre not into it unless your a youtube star so id say let it go, I bunnyhop , manual terribly and can ride a park semi ok. Never once have i thought about quiting, i always think about the next time i get to ride....

Never once have i thought about quitting, i always think about the next time i get to ride....

this is awesome! I am the same way. Even after my worst sessions, I always can't wait for the next time.

To the OP, if you are getting bored/frustrated etc, maybe don't quit, but just take time away, or force yourself to ride another style or discipline. Sometimes just getting a fresh perspective can change things. If you ride street all the time,only ride park for 3 months. If you ride brakeless, put on brakes and try brake based tricks....

for me, when BMX gets frustrating, I ride my MTB. Actually, I ride them both as much every week as possible in reality. Often times, I will even take the MTB to the park and ride the BMX on the MTB trails just to see what happens
|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

9/18/2017 11:13 AM

Take a break and see if you truly miss it/love it.

I've had that before-many many times. 18 years of riding have gone by, and at this point I think I have more fun than ever when I realized I wasn't going to be a pro. I was able to let go and just have fun. Usually I would find something else to occupy my time for a bit. I have come back to the bike countless times. It is always there for me.

If you aren't having fun, take a break. Change your bike a bit-if you have no pegs, get a set and some hub guards and hit ledges and rails. If that is all you do, take the pegs off and go ride.

Build a kicker. A dirt jump. A quarterpipe. Take a weekend trip-or even a day trip to a skatepark.

If you are still burnt out, take a break. Keep your bike, and find a different hobby for a little while.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/18/2017 11:16 AM

You should try practice, it's a crazy thing.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @scootereyn // YouTube: RH MEDIA

9/18/2017 12:03 PM

ggallin422 wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

There needs to be a "Like button" for individual posts & replies.

Yeah I think we are on the same page here.

|

9/18/2017 4:54 PM

Thanks for the replies i thought about it deep abd i could never whit because i love the thrill of bmx just getting frustrated and hurt alot soni am staying and i need to enjoy it

|

9/18/2017 5:48 PM

Batuhan_Dinc68 wrote:

Thanks for the replies i thought about it deep abd i could never whit because i love the thrill of bmx just getting frustrated and hurt alot soni am staying and i need to enjoy it

Get knee pads, shin guards and a helmet and go ride.

That will help a LOT with hurting less.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/18/2017 10:25 PM

you dont need to do tricks man i basically only do a couple tricks at all anymore never did 360s been riding since like 2009 some skaters only do pools and cant even ollie man it should just be about fun

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

9/19/2017 12:18 AM

As stated above, though, if you're feeling burnt out, stop riding and try something else. Sooner or later you might wanna go for a spin on the BMX.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @scootereyn // YouTube: RH MEDIA

9/19/2017 2:27 AM

Just don't push yourself too hard. Do silly tricks that make you laugh at yourself. Or if you want to continue with progressing, make lines from the tricks you can do, like manual to feeble to 180 or something.
I literally only do hops, bump jumps, manuals, pedal slides and wallrides. I just find lines or think of combo's

|

9/19/2017 8:49 AM

ggallin422 wrote:

THIS

|

fack off

9/19/2017 9:20 PM

Don't give up bro. I'm 44 & not 1/2 the rider i was in my early 30s but I'll be damned if I'll quit. Keep at it & you'll get better.

|

9/20/2017 7:54 AM

Bmx isn't about riding a bicycle in a fancy way it's about improving yourself and figuring out how to balance give and take and properly assess risk and reward to celebrate the specialness and uniqueness of having a separate physical body in a reality with features and a perfect simple machine to magnify the effectiveness of our movements related to these features. Sure you can quit riding bmx but can you quit the learning curve of doing difficult things right or avoid the pain of things not going as you hoped?

|

account here is less about my and more about bike

9/20/2017 8:11 AM

I'm in my 30's and started riding when I was around 7 or 8. Never became pro and endured injuries along the way. But I can say I've made a lot of my friends from bmx. Now that I have kids, I don't do half the crazy shit I used to but I still go out and shred all the time. I like to change things up once in a while. I have a trails bike and my street bike. I recently changed up and went 4 pegs to learn oppo grinds which has been a ton of fun. Now I just introduced myself to a freecoaster for the first time and learning how to ride with one. It's all about keeping things interesting. Same thing like keeping your relationship with the wife or girlfriend. Change things up or it gets boring

|

9/21/2017 12:06 PM

If you're enjoying it carry on. If not don't. Just cos you can't do tricks doesn't mean you can't enjoy it. I can only bunny hop, 180 flat, 180 disaster a small quarter, footjam to fakie flat and lazer flip (crankflip without hopping) and I love going out and riding.

|

An Indian on a small bike