Related:
Create New Tag
Foopsz Foopsz
6/23/2013 8:32 PM

i wanna paint my frame black and my cranks black but im scared ill do a crap job anyone here paint there frames and ill paint my forks also lol but what should i take off. I know tires cranks spindle duck tape bottom braket. bars seat and seat post. idk about forks should i just keep that and paint it with the frame?

justin vogelsberger justin vogelsberger
6/23/2013 8:33 PM

take it apart completely before you paint it

Four Four
6/23/2013 8:34 PM

Yeah, take it all apart. I painted my frames 4 times and didn't do the best job but I don't care how my bike looks usually.

45 refs and counting check profile.

Foopsz Foopsz
6/23/2013 8:37 PM

sounds like to much work. Since i dont know how to take forks off. and the bottom bracket heard its hard to put back in.

eskimojay eskimojay
6/23/2013 9:44 PM

Just open buckets of paint and throw them at your bike

feeble_to_face feeble_to_face
6/23/2013 9:49 PM
Foopsz wrote:

sounds like to much work. ...more

Photo

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

Tweetz Tweetz
6/23/2013 9:54 PM
Foopsz wrote:

sounds like to much work. ...more

how long have you been riding?

Give props if deserved but know respect is earned.
-Anthony Flores
My Kinky Setup

Foopsz Foopsz
6/23/2013 10:30 PM

not long lol.

Four Four
6/23/2013 10:42 PM

Working on your bike is definitely something you wanna get used to/good at because you do it a lot. Once you get used to it it's not that bad.

Tweetz Tweetz
6/23/2013 10:49 PM
Foopsz wrote:

not long lol.

you should start by watching some vids on how to take a part and reassemble the parts on you bike and stuff like that its just my opinion it will help you in the long run man

-Anthony Flores
My Kinky Setup

SickDude SickDude
6/23/2013 10:49 PM

Evn i know lol. I never do it though becase standard headsets are a pain in the ass

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

Tweetz Tweetz
6/23/2013 10:53 PM
SickDude wrote:

Evn i know lol. I never do ...more

i had to do it today i just bought a new headset im pretty pissed about it though i was hoping my local shop would sell sealed bearings on there own but they dont guy said they have to order the right size so i ended up buying a whole new headset and now i cant get my pegs i got a good deal from a friend 2 for 10 bucks to

-Anthony Flores
My Kinky Setup

Four Four
6/23/2013 10:56 PM
Tweetz wrote:

i had to do it today i ...more

Yeah that's what sucks, you pretty much have to order everything unless you have a fucking rad lbs. I'm trading 2 shadow pegs tomorrow for a brake setup lol.

Fad3r Fad3r
6/23/2013 10:56 PM

Like others said get familiar with taking apart and assembling your bike, its something every rider needs to know and bmx bikes are pretty simple so its not hard.
When you paint the frame leave the BB in and just tape it off.
Use this guide HERE and you're set.

feeble_to_face feeble_to_face
6/23/2013 11:28 PM
Tweetz wrote:

but there is only one size of sealed integrated headset bearing...

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

Tweetz Tweetz
6/23/2013 11:34 PM
SickDude wrote:

Tweetz wrote:

feeble_to_face wrote:

but there is only one size ...more

thats what i said then guy started getting all assholy with me saying oh all we have is stock sizes we have to custom order i was tired as hell from the ride there and it was a pretty hot day today so i was like fuck it just give the whole thing i needed a new dust cap any way my local shop hates just selling the little things they want their customers to buy the whole package

-Anthony Flores
My Kinky Setup

dave lawrence dave lawrence
6/24/2013 5:12 AM
Foopsz wrote:

not long lol.

Put your brakes back on.

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

BmxRida4lyfe BmxRida4lyfe
6/24/2013 7:01 AM
SickDude wrote:

I've never had any problem with my standard headset...? Maybe I've been taking my forks of wrong. Lol

Lol. Xzibit plz
Shakesman69: Seeing a girl on a bike is like seeing a unicorn walking down the main street.
Brokenbmx: i pooped butterflies once.

Bought from: Ridebmx456 TCbmx(x2) Wade., Ticaleb
Sold to: Sprocket: Mike - E, Front Hub: Kroller, Back wheel: imgoingtohavetocuthere
Local deal for a rear wheel with: bmx

Mikel8149 Mikel8149
6/24/2013 10:01 AM
eskimojay wrote:

Just open buckets of paint ...more

This. Much easier.

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals »

THE SHOP