Improving BMX skills

Related:
Create New Tag

11/16/2015 12:02 PM

Do you guys think it is possible to get better at BMXing when I'm able to ride 2-4 days a week? I'm involved in another sport that is almost impossible to combine with BMX in one day. I feel like I get worse when I don't ride for a few days - worse at manuals, 180s and things like that.

|

11/16/2015 12:11 PM

It is

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

11/16/2015 12:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/16/2015 12:36 PM

I think it is. It just takes longer. The more time spent in between sessions, the more rust builds up, the more you gotta shake off next time you go riding. It depends how old and in shape you are too.

|

11/16/2015 12:45 PM

It's possible and don't get discouraged. It may take a while to build up your comfort level but you'll keep progressing. Hell I'm in my mid 20s, working a full time job, and the whole being an adult thing, just like all the other dudes I ride with on the maybe 2 days a week I get out, and am riding better than I have in probably the past 10 years

|

Refs: Shadow.Conspiracy

11/16/2015 12:48 PM

Well I work full time, I'm pretty fit,22years old, and I train muay thai 5 times a week.And I feel like sometimes I get worse when I ride less often

|

11/16/2015 1:07 PM

Or you could forget about progressing and just have fun. What's the point if it's not fun?

|

11/16/2015 1:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/16/2015 1:53 PM

I ride around 3-5 times a month and am almost 30.

You can do it and still progress. You may find yourself less comfortable on the bigger moves, but it's doable.

I could still crank out a truckdriver inside of a few tries, bar to tire taps take me maybe 1-2 tries, whips, well we just won't talk about whips :D

Whips are the devil. They are the trick I have done before but never ever had dialed. I hate them and love them.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/16/2015 6:17 PM

yes you will be fine! alot of my friends can only ride 1-2 days a week and they are really good still! it does feel weird when you haven't rode in a few days but you might get use to it, just warm up for half an hour or so and you should feel back to normal. and 4 days a week is a decent amount, i dont ride every day but i still ride alot, i have much better skill now that i have a rest because you dont want to burn you're self out and you need to rest to have energy for the next time you ride.

|

11/16/2015 6:25 PM

It also deffinatly helps to ride with others who want to learn , you got any dudes to ride with where your from ?

|

11/16/2015 9:59 PM

I work about 35-40 hours a week without overtime and a 1.5 hour transit there . I still ride at night when I can , it feels weird at times but if you're having fun and lion forward to riding then the time off should motivate you to ride more things and have fun. For example I try and have a whole day and use transit to get to a park far away with a bunch of friends then just ride the same local park with one person when I didn't work as much. It all depends.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short