In desperate need of help

Related:
Create New Tag

11/14/2015 5:31 PM

So I bought my first bmx bike. I did my homework and bought a Fit off a used bike store. And I was having some fun 180's and stuff. but I decided to check more of the bike and realized that I don't have the same same nuts on my bikes front tire one was 11/16 and one was 15 mm not only that but I don't have ball bearings under my stem and all of my Allen nuts are shredded on my stem. I also went back to the shop to ask what my bike is and they didn't know do any of you know where I can find a website that I can order nuts and washers for my bike and what bike I have thank y'all so muchPhoto

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

11/14/2015 5:58 PM

You could try ace hardware or truvalue for nuts and bolts they'll prolly help you right through it too but you need take the nuts and bolts you need with you. They make things called Ezout? Easy out? I've never used one but I've seen it done a couple times, you drill a hole into the bolt then the Ezout threads in, it has a square head on it you can use to thread the stripped bolts out. Bin case your struggling to get them out, they're prolly 6mm btw. Bearings for your headset should be easy try Danscomp or a local bike store

|

11/14/2015 6:03 PM

xXZ4KOXx wrote:

You could try ace hardware or truvalue for nuts and bolts they'll prolly help you right through it too but you need take the nuts and bolts you need with you. They make things called Ezout? Easy out? I've never used one but I've seen it done a couple times, you drill a hole into the bolt then the Ezout threads in, it has a square head on it you can use to thread the stripped bolts out. Bin case your struggling to get them out, they're prolly 6mm btw. Bearings for your headset should be easy try Danscomp or a local bike store

Photo

They come in different sizes sorry idk which you need
|

11/14/2015 6:08 PM

Thank you so much

|

11/14/2015 7:05 PM

No problem I used to work at Ace all I did was help people find nuts and bolts...they'll get you squared away you could prolly get the easy out in the same trip too

|

11/14/2015 11:59 PM

Easy outs have a left hand thread, so as you tighten it, it unscrews the bolt. Used em a few times. You might also be able to smack a torx bit in there which is a bit more of a bodge, but does the job and is a lot quicker.

Are you sure there's no bearings at all in there? If there aren't it wouldn't turn properly and will wobble all over the place, which you should've noticed before buying it.

Might be worth taking it to decent shop and asking them to give it a quick once over to make sure everything's safe. It sounds like the shop you bought it from shouldn't be allowed to sell bike's.

|

11/15/2015 7:48 AM

Yeah it is pretty wobbly when I steer and the shop that i went to gave me a 80 for the bike I know what I was heading into but I wanted a cool project thank you though for the eazy out instru c tons grumpy steve

|