Incredible arm pain

Related:
Create New Tag

8/3/2013 7:17 PM

When i first started grinding a lot, i was fine for a few days. then i slowly gained an incredible pain in my left arm (I grind right side, not sure if that matters), elbow to wrist.
after a few days of this i went to a doctor. he's never been much help, after x raying it his advice was "take ibuprofen" which has been his solution to everything ive ever had even tho it doesn't do jack shit to me.
he also told me to rest it in a sling for a week, which i did.
i started riding again after a week and the pain immediately returned. so i stopped riding for a month or two and the pain went away, (my buddy told me it might be tendinitis).
i've been fine since except the pain has returned the last few days. i have been grinding a lot more lately but only smiths and feebles for the most part.
i run metal pegs.
can anyone relate to this pain?? help me out a bit? im wondering if it has anything to do with the impact of coming down on the metal pegs? or some sort of strain in that arm?
i really don't want to give up grinding... smile
*sorry for the long description*

|

Insta: @devicacy

8/3/2013 7:20 PM

No idea. My best advice is go to a hospital or get a different doctor for a proper diagnosis. Obviously this current dr isn't getting the job done and the pain doesn't sound like something simple

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/3/2013 7:40 PM

My guess is that you have a pinched nerve somewhere between your shoulder and wrist. That or you may have pulled a muscle or tendon or something. I'm not a doctor or anything, but it sounds like the most logical explanation. Lol. And your doctor sounds like a jackass.

|

8/3/2013 8:26 PM

i should also note that i cant afford any more dorctor or hospital visits, or so my dad claims.

i ALSO totally forgot that the first time this happened, after a few days my arm was completely swollen and sensitive, seriously a "rotting" sensation, which is what prompted me to visit the doctor in the first place

|

8/3/2013 8:28 PM

Sadly i've found the only way to fix these sorts of problems is time. Of course medicine and icing will help dull the pain but time has been the best way for me to get over pain like that. I tweaked my arm last week, still waiting for it to be okay. Soon.... I hope.

|

8/3/2013 8:44 PM

Futon wrote:

Sadly i've found the only way to fix these sorts of problems is time. Of course medicine and icing will help dull the pain but time has been the best way for me to get over pain like that. I tweaked my arm last week, still waiting for it to be okay. Soon.... I hope.

yeah that was my solution, the problem for me is its recurring... im wary of icing it this time, im worried it will stiffen up the muscles even more.

|

8/3/2013 10:29 PM

Take Ice cold showers for 15 minutes or more after a hard day of riding......ice your arm, pharmacy drugs tend to not do jack shit, I prefer herbs for painkillers

|

8/4/2013 3:44 AM

Go have a wank.

|

8/4/2013 12:09 PM

I get severe shoulder pain when I do smiths, so I don't do smiths.

I used to get severe lower back pain on whips too.

Stretch and work out your arms, maye spend less time grinding (don't give it up, just don't hop on a ledge all day, go learn some other things).

Try doing grinds a little different, get into different positions and such.

Hop differently.

But honestly, the best thing I found was to change how I did things and it helped a TON. I blew my shoulder up in 2004 and was doing barspins and truckdrivers within 2 1/2 weeks.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/4/2013 12:39 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

I get severe shoulder pain when I do smiths, so I don't do smiths.

I used to get severe lower back pain on whips too.

Stretch and work out your arms, maye spend less time grinding (don't give it up, just don't hop on a ledge all day, go learn some other things).

Try doing grinds a little different, get into different positions and such.

Hop differently.

But honestly, the best thing I found was to change how I did things and it helped a TON. I blew my shoulder up in 2004 and was doing barspins and truckdrivers within 2 1/2 weeks.

ill try that today, thanks. anything other than hopping differently? shifting my weight?

|

8/4/2013 2:45 PM

realityisajoke wrote:

ill try that today, thanks. anything other than hopping differently? shifting my weight?

Try that, maybe see if there is a way you can hop pain free, try doing other things for a bit, focus on air tricks or flatland for a couple days.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura